You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Why are ze Germans the most popular nation in WW1-WW2 games?.

24 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Is it the smart uniforms?.

Why is there such a cult following, for the losing side, who were led by a man dubbed the most evil man of all time?.

Is it their dedication to research and development?.

What makes ze Germans so popular and WG a winner big time with every release of anything ze German?.

Was it their propaganda, with heroes such as Von Richthofen?.  Can you believe that there is one German tanker whose name is forbidden to be used in WoT?!. It's true.

Generally discuss here!:

Super Tester
802 posts

Why is there such a cult following, for the losing side, who were led by a man dubbed the most evil man of all time?.

People are in awe of the technology and engineering developed at the time, not Hitler. At least that's the way I see them. Because not all Germans were Nazis, and the Wehrmacht were not all SS members. And given how they started one world war and were took prominent role in an other, it would be like a game based on the American War of Independence, but omitting the British Army.

Also, this literally has nothing to do with WoWS. Take it to off topic. 

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I just think there ships look awesome. It's almost like they went, lets make the best looking ships so we are the envy of every nation out there and then make the machinery to ensure it fits the look.

When other nations choose functionality/cost over appearance.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I dunno the reasons, but I guess it's the same reasons why people like Darth Vader and why girls like 'bad boys'.

265 posts
799 battles

Cuz a lot of "what-ifs" that can only be seen in video games. In example

What if Tigers/Panthers didn't break down all the time and "fought an equal number of M4/Cromwells/T-34/what-have-you" in the war?

What if Kriegsmarine suddenly decided it was fitting to sortie Bismarck and Tirpitz out in one task group to decisively destroy the Royal Navy?

What if RAF lost the Battle of Britain?

(Did I cover all the uniformed service of Nazi Germany during WWII?)

Edited by adnadi

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Cuz a lot of "what-ifs" that can only be seen in video games. In example

What if Tigers/Panthers didn't break down all the time and "fought an equal number of M4/Cromwells/T-34/what-have-you" in the war?

What if Kriegsmarine suddenly decided it was fitting to sortie Bismarck and Tirpitz out in one task group to decisively destroy the Royal Navy?

What if RAF lost the Battle of Britain?

(Did I cover all the uniformed service of Nazi Germany during WWII?)

What if the Poms weren't so paranoid about an over gunned heavily out numbered heavy cruiser they scared the Graf Spee's captain into scuttling her?!

I dunno the reasons, but I guess it's the same reasons why people like Darth Vader and why girls like 'bad boys'.

Next time you watch Star Wars,take note of the Imperial uniforms,they might look familiar!
Edited by BanditSE1977

265 posts
799 battles

What if the Poms weren't so paranoid about an over gunned heavily out numbered heavy cruiser they scared the Graf Spee's captain into scuttling her?!

Interesting point. I almost forgot about Graf Spee

Next time you watch Star Wars,take note of the Imperial uniforms,they might look familiar!

and their guns. Like the A295 is a StG-44, DLT-19 is an MG-34, RT-97C is an MG-15, and who can forgot Han Solo's signature weapon, the DL-44 a.k.a. Mauser C96?

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Play Wolfenstein: The New Order and you'll understand why :D

I thought u r not allowed to promote other games here Euro

I guess you torpedobeated through the MK red crayon torpedoes

Edited by FenrirApalis