You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

Bismark

26 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

Honestly I can't wait..but have too..have to buy all previous ships first..this is not good and  my brain may explode if I can't hammer my way through in the next month or two.

It doesn't pay to watch the videos and I refuse to fire at one in-game as I may hurt the wonderful shape of her.

Just an outstanding Ship and a History !

Some may remember this

May of 1941 and the war had just begun

The Germans had the biggest ships they had the biggest guns

and so on :)

If ever a warship game did a warship then this should have been the first, surely

Edited by OraPits

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You seem a bit....  high now....

Does this mean you will slide blue lines with her when you have her? You know, for not taking a scratch?

Be possitive m8

He might charge to enemy instead of that

220 posts
3,420 battles

I'm always..uh..um..High :) The only Blues Lines I know are from Crossroads, I think I'll be taking it very personally if someone tries to scratch her..they will die a horrid death

Sry have to go I'm 5th time on this

220 posts
3,420 battles

I will find you and I will sink you

You may find me and I may run away, it's the Bismark way

"The shcarnorst yet"

Yes I watched a vid of that ship last night and fired at her in-game, it has beautiful lines (very girley) and a brilliant ship but it just doesn't do it for me like She can.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

You may find me and I may run away, it's the Bismark way

"The shcarnorst yet"

Yes I watched a vid of that ship last night and fired at her in-game, it has beautiful lines (very girley) and a brilliant ship but it just doesn't do it for me like She can.

31 knot Bismarck vs 37.4 knot Atago or my 42 knot Fletcher. Have fun :D

220 posts
3,420 battles

31 knot Bismarck vs 37.4 knot Atago or my 42 knot Fletcher. Have fun :D

Far to busy watching this to reply :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWwPYB74ac 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Darkworld, it will be an unenjoyably grind I feel.

683 posts
7,367 battles

No worry mate. Bayern is somewhere between New Mex And Fuso, not too slow, good armour, and good gun. Gneisenau is a an agile lad, picking on opponents opportunistically, and jump in to get the kill when chances arrive. They are fun to play :) do remember to keep some Free XP to unlock the second hull before jumping into any battle. The other modules like speed and range I found that can wait, as long as stay a bit low profile initially to let enemy come closer.

Bismarck... a nice ship. Her main guns are like...guns of Tirpitz, the dispersion not as good. But her secondaries have very good potentials, I personally buff it to the max, and watch the shells fly like Yamato secondaries :P

Edit: and her AA seemed to be better than those on Tirpitz, at least that's what I feel.

Edited by Darkworld_2015

220 posts
3,420 battles

It's "BISMARCK" damnit.

you also going to make captain Lindemann mad for calling him "she"

I did look it up and found wiki spelt it that way, then a few places my way, since my way had few letters in it I took the easy way (and some say correct way)

But they all could be wrong

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's "BISMARCK" damnit.

“A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable. She shows her topsides, hiders her bottom and, when coming into port, always heads for the buoys.”

Beta Tester
911 posts

Honestly I can't wait..but have too..have to buy all previous ships first..this is not good and  my brain may explode if I can't hammer my way through in the next month or two.

It doesn't pay to watch the videos and I refuse to fire at one in-game as I may hurt the wonderful shape of her.

Just an outstanding Ship and a History !

Some may remember this

May of 1941 and the war had just begun

The Germans had the biggest ships they had the biggest guns

and so on :)

If ever a warship game did a warship then this should have been the first, surely

Its been an Ok grind, I'm 36k xp away from it. Can't wait to get a full secondary build with the bismarck. Captain shouldn't be far off sitting at 13points.

I would suggest Free Xp up to the Bayern then go from there.

Edited by SlamUez

220 posts
3,420 battles

Another with a passion :).my XP is going so slow..I'm figuring a week per ship atm...

Since I'm a free user I don't think I can free up XP ?

683 posts
7,367 battles

It costs quite a lot to free up enough XP to get through I line, but may consider to use them to unlock modules.

Yes Bismarck with secondary build is really really worth it, especially once your captain obtain manual secondary skills. It's really rain of fire.

Ps: I thought all ships are called "she"? Even Enterprise in Star Trek is called "she" :P

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

“A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable. She shows her topsides, hiders her bottom and, when coming into port, always heads for the buoys.”

The Germans called their battleships "he's" and not "she's".

captain lindemann not going to get mad after he saw this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROCqidJFD9yLHC7vmIx0X

Oh yay. An underage sexualised girl. Not creepy at all.

Tee

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The Germans called their battleships "he's" and not "she's".

Oh yay. An underage sexualised girl. Not creepy at all.

Tee

sorry, m8, it counts towards British since....

idk, it has been very long

doesn't really matter , as I was saying about the Graf Spee (male name). The Germans would also call her the equivalent of she.

it is not about the Nation or country who own the ship

At the time of the ancient mariners even as far back as 500 BC, most were 'married to the sea' due to thier love of the ocean. The ships were their liveihood, their home and their love. As a compliment to the woman they loved they named their sailing vessels after them, telling them that it would remind them of the ones they left behind for the months and sometimes years they have would be gone. This caught on. The 'she' was also given for things of great beauty found in the sea.. ie "Thar she blows!" depicting the massive water spout seen by whaling ships of old which almost all had female names. Even when ships stopped being given feminine names they were still referred to as 'she', but basically this analogy was due to a captain's love for his ship. "Shes a fine ship, Captain"

The tradition goes way back in history. Other non-living objects are personified, countries are usually "he" or "she" ("Fatherland, Mother Country"). Objects of nature and religion are often assigned gender: Venus (love) is female, Zeus is male, "Mother Nature." In languages that have gender (most) lots of items are so identiified. I recall when Japan had to decide on how the country name would be transliterated into roman characters on stamps, they had to choose between Nippon (male) or Nihon (female).

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

sorry, m8, it counts towards British since....

idk, it has been very long

doesn't really matter , as I was saying about the Graf Spee (male name). The Germans would also call her the equivalent of she.

it is not about the Nation or country who own the ship

At the time of the ancient mariners even as far back as 500 BC, most were 'married to the sea' due to thier love of the ocean. The ships were their liveihood, their home and their love. As a compliment to the woman they loved they named their sailing vessels after them, telling them that it would remind them of the ones they left behind for the months and sometimes years they have would be gone. This caught on. The 'she' was also given for things of great beauty found in the sea.. ie "Thar she blows!" depicting the massive water spout seen by whaling ships of old which almost all had female names. Even when ships stopped being given feminine names they were still referred to as 'she', but basically this analogy was due to a captain's love for his ship. "Shes a fine ship, Captain"

The tradition goes way back in history. Other non-living objects are personified, countries are usually "he" or "she" ("Fatherland, Mother Country"). Objects of nature and religion are often assigned gender: Venus (love) is female, Zeus is male, "Mother Nature." In languages that have gender (most) lots of items are so identiified. I recall when Japan had to decide on how the country name would be transliterated into roman characters on stamps, they had to choose between Nippon (male) or Nihon (female).

I don't need an armchair admiral history lesson on naval warfare and traditions.

I'm just stating that the Germans used "he's" rather than "she's" when assigning a gender to their ships.

The statement below, which you incorrectly corrected:

Is thus correct. Lindemann would not be "upset" if someone assigns a male gender to Bismarck. That would be normal for him. If he bothered to care about such things, he'd be "upset" if you called Bismarck a "she".

Tee

Edited by admiral_tee

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I don't need an armchair admiral history lesson on naval warfare and traditions.

what ever, it still count

if it is not Traditions nor Naval warfare thingy

are you talking about politics then?

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

what ever, it still count

if it is not Traditions nor Naval warfare thingy

are you talking about politics then?

It's tradition for German naval forces to assign male gender to their ships.

It's tradition for other navies to use "she" or simply "it", a non gender.

The two can co-exist.

One doesn't invalidate the other BUT it is incorrect to say that a German KM naval officer would be "upset" if someone assigned a male gender to Bismarck rather than a female gender. That is all I am saying.

I am thinking ESL is the issue here? This can make nuanced conversation difficult.

Tee