Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Is detonation more common recently?

16 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

I'm finding it more common atm to get detonation than it was before, I even have had 2 detonations from dive bombers which never happened in the past.

Just wondering if others have experienced this or whether I'm just have a bad run?

Mainly in my DD's but it has happened in my CL/CA's and one on a BB.

Edited by Trojan63

753 posts
8,965 battles

I haven't been detonated in weeks :( ran out of juliet charlie flags a long time ago, still haven't managed to get them restocked.

I have 136 of them if you want some, may have to start using them myself although I never had the need until recently. I must be having a bad run atm.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Funny you should bring it up, I just got detonated by a torp in a Kaiser and seconds after a second team mate got detonated as well.. I am going to see if it occurs more.. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I'm finding it more common atm to get detonation than it was before, I even have had 2 detonations from dive bombers which never happened in the past.

Just wondering if others have experienced this or whether I'm just have a bad run?

Mainly in my DD's but it has happened in my CL/CA's and one on a BB.

Any specific ships you always get detonated?

Beta Tester
613 posts
6,785 battles

Technically it should be more common since they changed up the modules.  The main battery one that most people took in slot 1 had 30% det reduction.  The new one doesn't and I would say most people don't take the 70% det reduction module.  Hence there should be around a 50% increase in detonations for most people.

Fun and interesting mechanic...

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Technically it should be more common since they changed up the modules.  The main battery one that most people took in slot 1 had 30% det reduction.  The new one doesn't and I would say most people don't take the 70% det reduction module.  Hence there should be around a 50% increase in detonations for most people.

Fun and interesting mechanic...

"Post hoc, ergo propter hoc," is almost never correct.

Beta Tester
613 posts
6,785 battles

"Post hoc, ergo propter hoc," is almost never correct.

That is not what I'm saying at all. If people previously had a 30% det reduction, and now they don't, clearly they will detonate more now.  Not a complex theory, and you can't say that the rate of someone detonating is not related to their detonation chance, which is what you're trying to get across.  If I was saying that previously people took the secondary module and didn't detonate as much, now they take the aa module and detonate more, therefore they detonate more because of the aa module, you'd be correct.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I want to say "I haven't even been detonated for months", but I have that distinctive feeling I will because I said that.

You just did

Good luck with that :D

Sign in to follow this