You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

How does one keep sailing on? I'm sorry, I really need the help

11 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

HELLO FELLOW CAPTAINS, THANKS FOR OPENING THE THREAD :honoring:

Some of you maybe familiar with me... Some not but that's not the point...

I don't mean to take up much of your time but it's really been hard for me the past few months. It was March 2016 when we got the news. Dad had Cancer, in his Pancreas.. At that point in time the doctors couldn't do anything given the apparent progression... It was just all Painkillers from there...

We lost him June 2016... The cancer spread to his lungs and collapsed them causing his expiration... He was 56...

I've been trying to piece my life back together again... and every now and then I just find myself breaking down and I can't control it. I miss him so d*mn much... He wasn't a perfect dad, he was a typical workaholic father and hadn't given much time to us... Probably worked himself to death, he was planning to retire at 60 to make up... but I'm not complaining. Even though the time was little and far inbetween, he was the best Dad I could ever ask for... and now he's gone

wXPa4H2.jpg?1

That would be me on the left and him on the right

Been getting back in touch with friends and family and they're cool... but who I am, my daytime existence is in gaming/ gaming with friends... I'm also filling up for my Dad's spot in the office and it's not really making things any easier... Too many memories here and there and Yes we did work side by side in the hotel business...

Been trying to get back into gaming. It's really hard, like I lost any heart for it... getting my hands dirty in Fo4 and getting back into the helm in WoWS but I just don't feel the same.

I come here to ask for any advice/stories/inputs you guys can share... Many a time I've faced problems and came up with solutions (perfect/not-so-perfect) but this one, I got nothing... Just standing up but not knowing when I'll just crumble down and fall...

THANKS LADIES & GENTS, HAPPY HUNTING

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i'm sorry for your loss, it must been hard.

life wont be same again for you and your family, but i want you to remember that you need to be strong for you, and your family. 

1 tips i learn when facing life changing situation, is that i try to aavert my attention by doing others thing, I try to learn about people near me, what they like, what they dislike, what their hobby, what make them uncomffort, what make them afraid.... by focusing to learn about other people, you will get aa new friend, you will feel that your pain is not unique, but other also feel the same pain....

and if you are in hotel / restaurant business, knowing your co worker  / poeple you paid for, is a good thing, they will work harder for a boss who cares...

again, stay stong bro. i pray that he is resting in peace and you will have strength to face the difficult in live.

also, dont afraid to cry, it show how much you loved him anyway....

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I am sorry to hear this

I would say go back to doing the things you enjoyed before, gaming and all that and just keep in mind that he wants you to do it. He doesn't want to see you sad, he wants to see you feel joy and enjoy life and not work yourself too hard. Focus on the positives in life and enjoy every moment you can, because I am sure that's what he wants from you.

Stay strong man

266 posts
5,142 battles

I'm really sorry for your loss Kreigg.

I know it's hard, and I know precisely what it feels like because I also lost my dad 4 years ago because of cancer. I think I was 21 at that time.

It was very difficult at first. I'm the eldest of three brothers and my mom is a housewife, so I'm really anxious and worried about the future, not to mention the pain of losing him makes me want to cry.

But what helped me was mingling with my friends at my university. Oddly enough, I never told them that I lost my dad, even until now. So we just went our life like usual.

And to my wonder, it feels really comforting to just fool around with them. It felt like nothing happened at all.

So I suggest to just try living your life like usual, as much as possible. It will be very difficult at first, but the pain will heal in time. I'm sure my dad wants me to have success in life instead of spending my time mourning him, and I'm certain your dad also feels the same.

Also like XP_On said, try averting your attention by doing things you enjoy. I like gaming and drawing, so I just keep on doing that. Now I'm living quite a stable life as a freelancer illustrator, even though I studied in information technology major. :3

I wish you good luck, mate. And stay strong. :honoring:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I really sorry for you loss

Okay let's be honest

I am not really good with words especially on the sad momment

But be strong mate and good luck

580 posts
1,587 battles

Thanks for the kind words ladies and gents... I just can't believe that he's gone... I've always pictured this out but this happened all too soon but I know I can't be the only one with this struggle and I thank you guys... Especially those who could relate, your words mean so much... 

1,162 posts

My condolences for you and your family.

I know what you trying to do, because I have been there. Its hard but it will be okay. So dont worry.

The seas maybe rough for you for now, but always remember there will be always a rainbow after a storm. So look forward for them.

118 posts
3,585 battles

Stay strong bro, you need to eventually move on and live a new life.

It doesn't matter when, who, what, how someone dies, He will eventually expire or meet a tragic end.

I got over the depression of my Dad's death at 12 by focusing on the positive things that I still have, and I figure it will also work on you.

Peace.

3 posts
4,509 battles

Kriegg, I am so sorry for your loss.

Nothing can fill the void, I agree. But dad lives on, IN YOU.

Please be strong for the people around you. And time heals every wound.

Make sure you let people around you know how much you value them, how much you love them. Everyday.

Keep soldiering on. Do everything that makes you happy. Share your happiness and sorrows. o7