Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BuckleUpBones

Two Brothers Map Changed 5.10

16 comments in this topic

435 posts
6,169 battles

The mountains have been lowered and now ships with spotter planes can snipe from cap to cap, this map is too small to have its mountains lowered . This map was unique with its high mountains and gave teams/players a choice of flank and gave ships a safe broadside, for middle tier.

WG stop re-balancing maps, they are all starting to look like back to back smiley faces.  Uniqueness is what we need not geography balanced maps

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

When I played her on PT, I was really surprised at the changes, as it seemed that they'd taken away a lot of the USN's ability to fire over the islands. I felt that most of the smaller ones have either shrunk or had the bulk of the island removed.....

435 posts
6,169 battles

I believe they did it to discourage the camping/firing from behind islands without suffering any return fire.

If they are trying to discourage campers by changing maps it won’t work because campers are by nature campers. They must know that players can, will and do camp even on the Ocean map. And that’s my point, they are changing maps to suit potato players and not for variety.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

575 posts
5,354 battles

If they are trying to discourage campers by changing maps it won’t work because campers are by nature campers. They must know that players can, will and do camp even on the Ocean map. And that’s my point, they are changing maps to suit potato players and not for variety.

While what you say has merit, their change to this map and others were simply (what I believe) was to balance it so that those who use the islands to fire with impunity and without fear of return fire can no longer get away with it. it's a welcome change in my book. In a BB you have a US CA sitting at the corner of the island (left island facing north), can sit parked and rain shells on you. However, they changed that where that is not possible. I've used the same spot for my Atlanta and New Orleans as well as other places on the map.

331 posts
17,063 battles

you know what discourages campers ? Getting hit and sunk stationary ships are easy to hit and set on fire and citadel. I worked out where to aim so that my shells will hit them if the are stationary or moving slowly behind islands.

How do you camp on ocean? What i see is clockwise and anticlockwise lemmings on that map.

507 posts
9,826 battles

So it's just me who's bothered by the ambiance in the new mode? Old one was lively and greener, this new one is bleak :facepalm:.

Just wanna throw this one out there..I want the old islands of ice back! :izmena:

435 posts
6,169 battles

I want the old islands of ice back!

Me too! Its has changed so much that it should just be a completely new map

Edited by Yul_Brynner

683 posts
7,334 battles

Yes I want the old Island of Ice map back too. The new one is totally different. It's ok but I miss the old one.

Haven't really see the new two brothers map, but I have a bad feeling about it after reading this post :(

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

Haven't gotten Two Brothers yet since 0.5.1 ( should once I get to the Konig shortly ),but I feel that is one of the maps that shouldn't be touched at all.That and New Dawn and Faultline are some of the best maps.

And

They should call this map "Two Sisters" and bring back "Two Brothers"

+1! A few maps have been changed that much they should just rename them!

Just wanna throw this one out there..I want the old islands of ice back! :izmena:

Man,what are we up to with that map now?5th or 6th revision? They should just throw ALL versions of it back in they are that different!

And yes bring back the original!

507 posts
9,826 battles

From what i see here on forums and by asking other players in game, all of them seemed to like the old Islands of Ice.I wonder what made them change that in the first place? I mean don't get me wrong New maps are great but its nice to have those "classics" that we spent hundreds of battles on. 

1,484 posts

I looked forward to playing the new german battleships in 2 brothers map, I like original map... this one allows for too much sniping.

Bring back the original map.

Ordrazz

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

I much prefer this new map, IMO the previous map led to more passive gameplay than the current one. I am really liking how open the New Two Brothers and Fault line is. Also the fact that you can no longer cap without being seen is a major improvement which should be given to all maps IMO.

507 posts
9,826 battles

I much prefer this new map, IMO the previous map led to more passive gameplay than the current one. I am really liking how open the New Two Brothers and Fault line is. Also the fact that you can no longer cap without being seen is a major improvement which should be given to all maps IMO.

Huh? in Domination the caps are more or less same. A and D are open while B and C have some cover. In standard battle both can be capped without being seen. 

BTW in the new version i see ships easily being able to fire over the small islands and not being spotted if there arent any planes or ships directly ahead of them. before it was the US ships that would do it,now its everyone :facepalm:

Sign in to follow this