Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Useless MF tier 5 & 6 players.

15 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

Can WOWS don't group tier 7 & 8 players with tier 5 & 6 ? These MF players really useless. Some even positioned their ships behind further than CV. They aren't playing the game. Might be trawling fishes near the island. Those in DDs won't go forward to spot, those in BBs play like he is on the front line, worried he will be killed in one salvo. It is frustrating when they don't know what position to play while we are battling the other team. I understand some high tier players are using tier 5 or 6 ships but we can spot them by their gameplay. These rookies need more time at the training room. We can't just let them learn thru trial and error with us tier 7 & 8. Sometime, I am tempted to torp them myself.

753 posts
8,965 battles

ROFL, this post has made my day. Everything you described is more prevalent above tier 6 than it is below it.

I'll never play higher than 6 (alas I'm often matched higher when I do) due to the lack of action and abundance of cowardice displayed in the higher tiers.

Oh and get down of your high horse, remember that you were a tier 5 and 6 player once. :facepalm:

199 posts
18,023 battles

My high horse cost 90k credit to replace, not 8k or 16k for tier 5 and 6. High tier cowardice for you might be because our ship cost more to replace and repair. We are playing cautious, not playing idiot.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

WG won't change their tier matching because you or anyone else has a difficult time in battle, the only way that players are going to learn how to play higher tiers is by being matched up against higher tiers.

I can say I have seen and experienced what you are talking about but it's been higher tier players that do it as well there's nothing much you can do about it.

cowardice

This word gets thrown about all the time but very rarely does it fit when referring to players of a simulator that's not designed to test a person's courage. Part of the game is to mitigate damage and prolong the time that the player is in the match.

753 posts
8,965 battles

We are playing cautious, not playing idiot.

So perhaps the tier 5/6 players you described are doing the same. You think that because they have the lower repair costs that they must take all the risks while you sit back doing nothing conserving your precious credits.

199 posts
18,023 battles

It is not courage we need, it is economics. If their replacement cost is cheap, of course they can take risk. You ask a tier 10 Yamato go forward and spot for you ? I can also play idiot using my tier 5 ship or I am willing to take risk for my team. It is like soccer, every boat has it's position to play. If DDs don't go forward, the rest of the team stay back. At higher tier, it is impossible to gain credits for repair and replacement. Nearly every game losing credit. After calculating camouflage and repair cost, it is 110k credit. Do you know how much hits damage to gain 110k credits ? Are you even playing high tier ships ? What is the motivation of progressing high tier when I can use low tier ship and take all the risk or play idiot since it is cheap to replace.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

You ask a tier 10 Yamato go forward and spot for you ?

Now there's a novel idea.

Nearly every game losing credit. After calculating camouflage and repair cost, it is 110k credit. Do you know how much hits damage to gain 110k credits ?

It's been stated on multiple occasions high tiers aren't for making credits.

What is the motivation of progressing high tier when I can use low tier ship and take all the risk or play idiot since it is cheap to replace.

Bragging rights, shiny ship in port?

199 posts
18,023 battles

I am suggesting WOWS separate rookies from high tier game, not discriminating against them. Can WOWS separate the rookies by profile battle experience ? Allow them to join high tier game after they achieved certain amount of battle experience. WOWS have every player's battle profile statistic. Increase the ship research XP at lower tier for longer training duration.  

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

I'm losing 300k credits when I had a bad play on tier 9, what should I do? Go play again.

You don't even know which one is rookie and which one is a vet who just gotten a bad day. If WoW decided to separate them and you got thrown to Rookie matchmaking because bad current stats, I don't think anything would be solved.

Just take a chill pill, quit the game for awhile go watch some cat videos or something then go back after you got refreshed. It's game after all and it is weird for people to get stressed over a game 

Edited by Vio_Strygun

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

I have 2 ultimate suggestions that will solve this problem:

Take a break after 5-6 losing streaks, leave the computer and do something else.

Quit the game if you can't handle the salt intake of MM, or you could just suck it up and continue normally and treat it as an unlucky day

199 posts
18,023 battles

I am not against bad luck or losing the game. Imagine the low tier DD won't go forward or cap. You in your high tier cruiser must consider going ahead or fall back and let the enemy claim the objective. If you go ahead, I am pretty sure you be killed in the first 5 minutes of the game. You won't even see the enemy, just the shots coming at you in 2 salvos. WOWS have been tuning the game according to players suggestion all this time. Nerf some boats or change some ships parameter. It is not bad luck or losing streak because you know for certain you be killed just because some low tier players don't know his gameplay position. Suggestion might improve the gameplay or WOWS can change it back. it is for the game to progress, not to discriminate against player.   For those high tier players who having been sneaking away from their ship's role, most of the time, the winning team will go for all kills mode. None is left to survive. Either they force themselves to play well or the entire team get killed. I certainly go for all kills when I have the chance.  

Edited by Admiralthomas

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Carry the team by making your IJN cruiser a torpedogunboat! Always a scare for the tier V and IV enemies when you charge in and drop just one launcher worth of torpedoes on each target, particularly when they probably never heard of turning. Live fast die fast lol :trollface:

And maybe then (hopefully) your team's minekaze / nicholas / mutsuki / farragut / ognevoi will grow a pair and get in there and cqc with the enemy hehe

199 posts
18,023 battles

Forget my suggestion WOWS, just saw 1 idiot tier 9 ibuki trawling fishes when we are battling. Really frustrated. This situation depends on player's attitude, nothing can be done. Just hope those MF idiot players fall on their cock and break it.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Forget my suggestion WOWS, just saw 1 idiot tier 9 ibuki trawling fishes when we are battling. Really frustrated. This situation depends on player's attitude, nothing can be done. Just hope those MF idiot players fall on their cock and break it.

Let me tell you my story with T9 player he was in a fletcher T9 DD and i was in a T7 gneisenau Map was Estuary and objective Domiation, we spawned at B.

So 3 Mins Inn, he was going to cap A and requested supported I was close so i wanted to help him but due to islands I didn't go in but i was 5kms away from him and shooting enemies to give him time to cap then suddenly he popped up smoke suddenly i cannot see enemy ships and then i realized he popped smoke and left A went towards B (backwards) now i could not see anyone shells being fired on me i used my spotter it couldn't spot anyone (I don't know why) i requested him to spot he does not reply just sits there in B out of frustration i said come here and help us spot noob( Ik I shouldn't have but I was totally frustrated)f then smoke vanishes suddenly i was being fired on by an Amagi NorthCarolina and Tushkant(Sorry if i spelled it wrong) he does nothing he is still in B circling Idk why. suddenly he says he was not getting support (now i was pissed of) i reported him which i know wouldn't do anything to him. Then i die now he replied you(me) with your(my) crappy win rate should shut up. Now what he was doing in middle of battle was checking my profile. 

what will you say to this MF?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I have 2 ultimate suggestions that will solve this problem:

Take a break after 5-6 losing streaks, leave the computer and do something else.

Quit the game if you can't handle the salt intake of MM, or you could just suck it up and continue normally and treat it as an unlucky day

this, whenever i lost up to 3 streak i think something is wrong with the current players. i'll just take a break to stuff on forum, watch youtube or play civ. then go back after few hours and i back in winning again.

Sign in to follow this