You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
StarkCoyote

Scharnhorst release date for Asia server

23 comments in this topic

Super Tester
802 posts

Due to the increased demand for the Scharnhorst you'll be pleased to know that the release date has been pushed back to September. If the interest continues to increase then WG Asia is prepared to push it back to November to coincide with PAX Aus

Beta Tester
2 posts
848 battles

Due to the increased demand for the Scharnhorst you'll be pleased to know that the release date has been pushed back to September. If the interest continues to increase then WG Asia is prepared to push it back to November to coincide with PAX Aus

pushed back? :o i want it sooner not later XD but thanks m8

7 posts
6,410 battles

Just got my hands on Gneisenau... I like the gun blast sound!! Yes it's fun to play, even I still don't have the range and speed upgrade. :)

Does Gneisenau come with her real life triple gun turrets or the double you see in the port if you are looking ahead at her?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Does Gneisenau come with her real life triple gun turrets or the double you see in the port if you are looking ahead at her?

She got the double gun turrets

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I think I'll probably just go for the Gneisenau and Bismark (and buy her permanent camo) as she's such a famous ship. There's just no way I'd ever sell either of them. I'm really struggling to justify even considering spending $50-60 on it, when my other games (non-WG) have DLC between $3-20 for much better returns. They come out on time, every time and everyone gets to buy them if they want to.

Alas, the hype's gone for me as they've drawn it out too long now, besides it appears that her sister ship is just as good anyway. Having said that I'm currently between jobs so I have to be picky, picky, picky which probably doesn't help.... :( lol.....

I'm sure I'll probably pick her up when they re-release her, just not at the moment. Having said that I wonder if a new RN premium ship is coming! 

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,552 battles

I think I'll probably just go for the Gneisenau and Bismark (and buy her permanent camo) as she's such a famous ship. There's just no way I'd ever sell either of them. I'm really struggling to justify even considering spending $50-60 on it, when my other games (non-WG) have DLC between $3-20 for much better returns. They come out on time, every time and everyone gets to buy them if they want to.

Alas, the hype's gone for me as they've drawn it out too long now, besides it appears that her sister ship is just as good anyway. Having said that I'm currently between jobs so I have to be picky, picky, picky which probably doesn't help.... :( lol.....

I'm sure I'll probably pick her up when they re-release her, just not at the moment. Having said that I wonder if a new RN premium ship is coming! 

generally speaking, first release is the cheapest you'll ever get on her

683 posts
7,335 battles

Me too in financial constrain (well sort of) there are a few ships (Warspite, Anshan, Kamikaze R) which I bought or own, and I seldom play them due to the fact that I'm not suitable to their play style (or you can say the other way round) Gneisenau.. I like it's agility and with fair good punch when I need it, yes it suits me, but... getting another ship which more or less the same? I already have the Tirpitz... :(

Scharnhorst I think she is nice, just that I can't persuade myself to buy it now, though deep in my heart I really love to get one..

112 posts
5,463 battles

The delay is a little silly... I wanted a captain trainer for the upcoming BBs - clearly will not have it, alas.

NB didn't want Tirp - T10 meta is terrible, ending up bottom tier in a Tirp would be even worse.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

title of thread doesn't ask the question, it reads as though this thread reveals the release date, to which it does not.

I can only reply as many times said before me, soon.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

The delay is a little silly... I wanted a captain trainer for the upcoming BBs - clearly will not have it, alas.

NB didn't want Tirp - T10 meta is terrible, ending up bottom tier in a Tirp would be even worse.

smart man, it happens a lot. i can only assume it's to fill the lower numbers of players at those lofty tiers.

heck, with it's extremely small armament and extremely high dispersion, when using AP, expect to see mostly 1-2k dmg / 25 second reload, salvos, and that's as top tier, even with full broadsides on myokos at 7-8kms etc...very random, rng dependent.

and once spotted a dudpitz will become the primary target of at least 3 ships and a cv player at the same time. they never survive for long once they are focused on. The AA by stats seems ok, and it did recently get a buff, (they turned on the AA guns on top of main turrets that actually did nothing for many patches), but a tier 9 or 10 cv can decimate it easily with torps and not lose enough planes.

In one battle my dudpitz got attacked by a yamato from well over 20kms away, (yamato was invisible), within 3 minutes of battle start, and it hit 3 citadels in the one salvo.

That was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

112 posts
5,463 battles

smart man, it happens a lot. i can only assume it's to fill the lower numbers of players at those lofty tiers.

heck, with it's extremely small armament and extremely high dispersion, when using AP, expect to see mostly 1-2k dmg / 25 second reload, salvos, and that's as top tier, even with full broadsides on myokos at 7-8kms etc...very random, rng dependent.

and once spotted a dudpitz will become the primary target of at least 3 ships and a cv player at the same time. they never survive for long once they are focused on. The AA by stats seems ok, and it did recently get a buff, (they turned on the AA guns on top of main turrets that actually did nothing for many patches), but a tier 9 or 10 cv can decimate it easily with torps and not lose enough planes.

In one battle my dudpitz got attacked by a yamato from well over 20kms away, (yamato was invisible), within 3 minutes of battle start, and it hit 3 citadels in the one salvo.

That was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Yeah I know from playing T10 BB (particularly yama), of which I am certainly no god, that I see Tirpitz as essentially free XP unless I am stupid enough to get within torp range. Didn't want to be one of 'those guys'.

In other news - SCHARNHORST HYPE! Just checked premium shop.