You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

ARP challenge frustrating

79 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

Having a moment or two with the ARP challenge {aircraft carrier 50,000 tons damage} How am i supposed to do this when in 30 battles i have had 5 with aircarriers,There are just so many battles right now in BBs that i dont have any chance at finishing this Challenge?? Let alone getting close enough to do damage..It may be ok if you have carriers to do this at level 6 but i dont. I dont like playing the carriers so i have all Russian ships and most JPN most German and some American DDsPlus all but 1 ARP ships,and some premiums ships like imperator nickoli which i LUV..Got to admit i feel like giving up on this challenge.. Why cant it be accumalative instead of the way its is?? At least if it was i would be done by now, as i have done that damage over time whilst trying to complete the other stages of this ARP challenge.. cheers anyone else stuck at this stage???? SIGH just spent 2 more hours in game for nil on carriers.. just to many battleships....

Edited by wookielord

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

get a cv player preferably the one who finds the enemy cv then get ur most accurate bb and grab a spot plane.use ap.

you can do that, or.. just play like ussual, destroy all enemy and finish the cv by your self.

it easier to kill the cv if you are winning

it takes time because sometimes the cv is killed by our teammates, but this way you wont mess up the game by rushing to kill cv without thinking to win the game

[LBAS]
4,471 posts
25,644 battles

stage 4 I've done with 3 match, but only 2, 1 match disconnected.(2 Hiryu 1 Ranger)

but dont ever think its easy, I've done 2 match very crazy with kamikaze attack, I am not do AA for awhile

Edited by MatterCore

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

first time of events, took a month to complete

if you're talking about this event, it only took me 3-6 days cause i got lucky in solo kill 2 cvs in independence, and that was enough for the damage condition

shot-16.08.07_02.38.54-0916_zpsmjz9w4kf.

shot-16.08.07_02.38.56-0138_zps0fxh52pg.

shot-16.08.07_02.38.58-0015_zpshosa8pjy.

Edit: added pics for proof

Edited by HeroOfWind

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I did the whole mission without touching a CV myself.

Got the CA/DD/BB damage using BB, got the CV damage in 2 games in DD (well many games, only 2 of them I was  able to hit them, cause I refused to throw the game and didnt yolo rush CVs).

496 posts
4,169 battles

My solution 

Buy back my ryuujou and play the games 

Anti-Carrier from start

it didn't work well but usually you have a chance to hit them as most players doesnt start moving until spotted 

but obviously i play normally after 1st attack and support my allies after hitting the carrier

like all the people above said its best to division with someone else

i hope you can find someone who is willing to help you in this

i might but i don't play cv that much

^3 fighter ryuujou to have air dominance kek

anyways other than that all you can do is just keep playing

and you aren't alone on the frustation because i was frustrated when i saw 100k dmg to DD and 50k to CV

just remember : Keep calm and play normally , everything will work out fine

kek like the current kc event its hillarious how people are rushing things

P.S. you have weeks before it ends take your time , maybe 1-4 games per day or 2-3 hours of gameplay per day you will reach there soon :)

[LBAS]
4,471 posts
25,644 battles

if you're talking about this event, it only took me 3-6 days cause i got lucky in solo kill 2 cvs in independence, and that was enough for the damage condition

nope the first Aoki hagane event (30 CAs 30 DDs 150 planes 300 fires and 2x1M damg) not this time.

this time I did stage 4 in 3 match (My CV Capt just 10points)

1st(Hiryu) vs Saipan-->Win and kill Saipan,

2nd(Ranger)vs Hiryu--> disconnected and lose,

3rd(Hiryu)vs Hiryu with T5 Capt skill and I sank her at last.

BTW this event not easy for many new player, who had played this game for long time then its not a problem.

Edited by MatterCore

205 posts
5,305 battles

Yeah, I feel your pain OP. This mission is difficult for new(ish) players, or players who don't have the proper ships to do it. Like you, I don't like to play CVs, but that was the route I took to finish the mission. Got my Independence and finished it in four battles, playing normally, no CV sniping.

As the others suggested, you have some options. If I didn't have a CV on hand, I would take the DD route. Division with a CV player and use the DD to hunt down CVs. Not the best thing to do since it is abnormally selfish play that would probably lose you and your team mates the match. Or you could be patient and do as icy did with his DD play.

Edited by Bunda369

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Done it without playing CV and DD

It can be quite frustrating but you might get lucky

I did too. I got the first 26 K cv damage in Colorado. But you cannot play like typical holding back BB players. You need to notice the enemy CV and start pushing that flank hard with your teammates to reach the CV. Since you are a BB, you should have that CV in range before most others. So many people play CV now, you wont even need to make a division with a CV player. I don't it is easy to reach enemy CV in cruiser in normal conditions.
Edited by icy_phoenix

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Completed this with CV and CA in around 4-5 games. What was more frustrating was at the time knowing this was coming up and taking out CVs at t8 and not having this damage included

313 posts
10,045 battles

Having a moment or two with the ARP challenge {aircraft carrier 50,000 tons damage} How am i supposed to do this when in 30 battles i have had 5 with aircarriers,There are just so many battles right now in BBs that i dont have any chance at finishing this Challenge?? Let alone getting close enough to do damage..It may be ok if you have carriers to do this at level 6 but i dont. I dont like playing the carriers so i have all Russian ships and most JPN most German and some American DDsPlus all but 1 ARP ships,and some premiums ships like imperator nickoli which i LUV..Got to admit i feel like giving up on this challenge.. Why cant it be accumalative instead of the way its is?? At least if it was i would be done by now, as i have done that damage over time whilst trying to complete the other stages of this ARP challenge.. cheers anyone else stuck at this stage???? SIGH just spent 2 more hours in game for nil on carriers.. just to many battleships....

Forget about the mission, play as usual, soon u will complete it.  :)

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Forget about the mission, play as usual, soon u will complete it.  :)

unless we already on 31 August.....

19 posts
2,210 battles

BTW this event not easy for many new player, who had played this game for long time then its not a problem.

Not at all ,  i only started playing this game ( or this very kind of game - WoW is so different to FPS , Moba -> two types which i'm good at ) for about two months? ( since the ARP Kongo mission recently ) . And it takes me a week ( included some days when i'm too busy to play ) to complete the challenge , easy at all ....

+ In a battle with Aoba , i personally sank Hiryu since she got no planes left :) 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

so you prefer 30DD/CA kills + 300 fires?

*'nam Flashback* 

Those missions is so damn frustrating and stressing and you can't do it in RB where the first season was out so you have to choose between ranked or ARP 

Edited by Vio_Strygun

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

It's a challenge.

It's optional, and the ships are rewards.

I'll leave the methodology up to you, but there's still over two weeks to finish the challenge.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier