You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xirvis

Premium Shop payment with PayPal still broken?

36 comments in this topic

892 posts
7,853 battles

Keep getting, "We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method".

Never had this problem of making payment with my PayPal before this.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i just try to prove if the problem still exist and then i made the purcase.. silly me... 

now i confuse if i should raise a ticket for refund or not......

205 posts
5,305 battles

I had this same problem two weeks ago. I put in a ticket and it's still in queue, haha!  :teethhappy:

I had to purchase direct using the same credit card that was linked to my PayPal account. PayPal said that there was nothing wrong with my account. It has something to do with WG's financial server. It seems to only affect certain PayPal users. I previously never had a problem using PayPal to purchase from the premium shop. Only this last attempt.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I had this same problem two weeks ago. I put in a ticket and it's still in queue, haha!  :teethhappy:

I had to purchase direct using the same credit card that was linked to my PayPal account. PayPal said that there was nothing wrong with my account. It has something to do with WG's financial server. It seems to only affect certain PayPal users. I previously never had a problem using PayPal to purchase from the premium shop. Only this last attempt.

​Looks like you and I are experiencing the exact same issue.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Have you tried again since?

​I just did, hoping to buy the first release Scharnhorst package. No luck, still the same error message trying to pay with PayPal.

EDIT: Using the same CC attached to my PayPal, I did manage to buy a Flag Bundle yesterday.

Edited by Xirvis

205 posts
5,305 battles

If you guys have submitted a ticket for this, please pass to me the ticket number.

My ticket number is 219986.

And it's still in queue after more than two weeks since I raised it.

Thank you for taking the time and effort looking into this. It is greatly appreciated.

892 posts
7,853 battles

If you guys have submitted a ticket for this, please pass to me the ticket number.

My ticket number is 222668
Edited by Xirvis

205 posts
5,305 battles

I just spoke with a PayPal rep and it appears that WG has an issue with them. PayPal can't go into detail about it with me, but I wonder why the heck does WG have a PayPal doubloon special when they have an existing problem with their merchant account at PayPal?

Previously, PayPal would even log my attempts to purchase. Now, I think their system automatically blocks any attempt to purchase from WG and doesn't even log my attempts. And, my PayPal account and the credit card that is linked to it is fine, by the way.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Well, after 3 weeks, WG support finally gets back to me. They tell me they are asking the relevant department about this and will get back to me when they have an answer from that department. 

Seems like marketing doesn't talk to finance, and vice versa. And, poor support has to deal with it instead. Hah, typical big company syndrome.  :facepalm:

Edited by Bunda369

892 posts
7,853 battles

I just spoke with a PayPal rep and it appears that WG has an issue with them. PayPal can't go into detail about it with me, but I wonder why the heck does WG have a PayPal doubloon special when they have an existing problem with their merchant account at PayPal?

Previously, PayPal would even log my attempts to purchase. Now, I think their system automatically blocks any attempt to purchase from WG and doesn't even log my attempts. And, my PayPal account and the credit card that is linked to it is fine, by the way.

Well, after 3 weeks, WG support finally gets back to me. They tell me they are asking the relevant department about this and will get back to me when they have an answer from that department. 

Seems like marketing doesn't talk to finance, and vice versa. And, poor support has to deal with it instead. Hah, typical big company syndrome.  :facepalm:

Yeah, was wondering the same, why launch a PayPal promo when there are issues. At least you have gotten a response on your ticket. Mine is still in queue

892 posts
7,853 battles

My ticket got looked into and closed with the following response. So much for a resolution....

Dear Commander,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming.net Support service.

Please try to contact Paypal support to check if there's any error or restriction to your account.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused and thank you for your kind understandings.

If you have any other inquiry, please contact us again.

Thank you for supporting Wargaming.net

205 posts
5,305 battles

My ticket is still open. They have forwarded my PayPal user email to Braintree/PayPal to check to see if there is anything wrong with my account.

I already checked with PayPal and there is nothing wrong with my account or the credit card that is linked to it. I have never changed anything on my PayPal account to restrict purchases of any sort and I have bought doubloons perfectly fine previously.

Oh well, here's hoping that my ticket gets resolved in a more satisfactory manner.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Problem affects all regions, I haven't been able to purchase using PayPal since early last month on either NA or ASIA :\

NA support more or less gave the same answer.

I worked around it by getting someone to gift what I want to buy to me and I reimburse them for it.