You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Brendoonigan

My first impressions of the the tier 3 Nassau!

23 comments in this topic

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Hi guys

Is this the most coolest Battleship at tier 3 or what! Maybe it's just because people are all playing with a level playing field with 5-10 on every bodies team every game but for me already having a 34k average damage for a BB at tier 3 is crazy and way better than both the Wyoming and Kawachi. Those Secondaries sure help, throw in my Kolberg captain so I've BOS, BFT, Faster turret Traverse & superintendent.  Superintendent seems to be a must for her as in the 8 games so far I've run out of charges in her 5 times, but have yet to be killed in her!

My suggestion is to go for the hull (better secondaries/turning), then engine (she's a slug otherwise), then guns, as I found I can live without the range. You also have to switch ammo types a lot and that dispersion is just the same as every other tier 3 BB...... insert sarcastic "yeah"  

I'm a little surprised not to see many dd's or St Louis's in the game as they can run riot! I've watched them completely destroy my teams flanks but she seems a lot more fire resistant than any other BB I've played at this tier which has saved me a few times.

All in all a great tier 3 Battleship, well done WG.

575 posts
5,354 battles

One thing for sure in facing 8 to 10 Nassau's....it is like battling cruisers with all their HE spamming. Sure doesn't bode well for the higher tiers if they're not acclimated in the use of AP rounds.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

And there we have it, 11 games in Random in the Nassau, 1x Kraken (in her last game!), and at least 1 confederate and a dreadnaught achievement so I can move on up to the Kaiser already! I wasn't sunk once (err wrong, I was sunk once - no idea when but stats show it did occur) and came out with a 82% WR..... Nothing was free XP'd, and I had a captain being retrained as well.

NB: disclaimer, to be honest I also did 8 co-op to fit into periods where I knew I couldn't manage a 20 min game.     

It struggles against quick firing auto cannons that the meds have at this tier but then every BB does. But by using your repairs, heal and angling properly it's a winner in my books. She torpedo beats, constant damage and best of all can take an absolute pounding!

it's a great ship and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Let's face it if I can do well in it, it's probably OP.... lol... She's the boat that rocks!

:)

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

53 posts
4,709 battles

Average damage in any ship in today will be artificially high. With up to 8 BB's per side there's a lot of hps to reduce. Haven't played the German BB's so far but have fought them nearly 30 times. The Nassau lights up well with HE but it does hit hard and it has a short spotting distance in comparison to the other T3 BB's. Even in good weather you won't spot it until you are almost within its gun range. It's certainly harder to sink than the other T3 BB's.

Edited by Killzone650

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

But... T3 is boring....

Yes it can be but I still enjoy the tier 3 BB's, but I've done my time and sold her off. Besides I'm to poor/cheap to free XP her... LOL... 

Average damage in any ship in today will be artificially high. With up to 8 BB's per side there's a lot of hps to reduce. Haven't played the German BB's so far but have fought them nearly 30 times. The Nassau lights up well with HE but it does hit hard and it has a short spotting distance in comparison to the other T3 BB's. Even in good weather you won't spot it until you are almost within its gun range. It's certainly harder to sink than the other T3 BB's.

You could be right there as there is a bigger health pool to draw from. I have to disagree on the lighting up with HE, I never had any issues with fires at all with her today. It definitely did happen, and maybe if there were more of those pesky cruisers playing it would have been different. To be honest the only time I had any issue playing her was against a St Louis who played exceptionally well against our team and he still only got one fire on me during his rain of terror, but with the amount of HE being thrown at me by everything else, it didn't happen anywhere near as much as I thought it would. It would be interesting to see if it changes in a few weeks once all of the BB's move on.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I found it's turrets to be made of the worst quality sausages around.

And the aiming? The guy looking through the stereoscopic rangefinder must have one eye.

Not only that, the lederhosen she wears creates so much drag that sea turtles pass me by.

331 posts
17,077 battles

From what i can gather so far it seems to be somewhere in between the Kawachi and South Carolina in terms of traits. It guns have the horrid dispersion that is typical of the other BBs. Its penetration power is lacking And I have trouble citadelling any BBs with her AP. It should in theory be possible but I have yet to see.

Its just about impossible to get a fair test as far as it goes against other BBs as anything else different just gets focused on. you end up facing 3 4 5 or even 6 Nassaus as a South Carolina or Kawachi and you can't  take that much fire.

She is as susceptible to fire as anything else if not slightly moreso.

I am finding her squishy but hard to citadel with AP from other T3 BBs and turrets can be incapcitated easily.

Maneuverability is good even when dealing with air dropped torps but you need is as your AA is pitiful which is as expected.

It seems about average from what I think.

Edited by Moganite

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I think when the hype settles down and everybody's playing different lines again we might have a slightly different opinion of the ship but I quite liked her today I'm yet to see how she fares with CV in the battle or DD for that matter I was seeing one or two DD per battle today.

53 posts
4,709 battles

Interestingly, it appears that yesterday's/today's stats are gone. Can anyone else confirm this? Stats site is also showing no German BB stats for Asian server, its as if yesterday/today never happened. I had 29 games today that seem to have just vanished. Stats site matches in-game summary.

Edit, my stats are back just not showing on signature. German BB stats still not showing.

Edited by Killzone650

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,612 battles

Played 8 match and sold nassau off, not because the ship is terribad but i'm bored and dont wana grind it. How i play is charge in lol

Now playing kaiser, not too bad again..decent AA..quite good guns on it but the turret traverse is bad and the ship feel really sluggish

These 2 are much better than kawachi and myogi lol

220 posts
3,420 battles

Well I'm a fire expert and this one seems not to burn, I can't get others to burn at all but get great damage with HE, the AP's seem so disappointing with little damage

As a free player i'm just having a blast in the little BattleShip and that's all that matters to me

Health repairing, brilliant and the DD's are easily avoided (with care) and one salvo at them and Boom :) luv it

Comparing this to my outstanding Hipper well it's more fun and I'm sold on BB's..

sideways topic :: I'd look at a target and the circle would appear around it, now I smack my "X" trying to get it to lock on, never had trouble before with that but I put it down to me not doing something right.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,612 battles

I am thinking about starting from Bayern though, this seems more logical than playing the bottom ones. Also, I don't really like games below T6.

if you can do it, T3 and T4 match is just stupid and boring because of crappy teammate

even i did 93K damage using kaiser my teammate is so poor i lose match every match