OZ666

asia server, whats up with the connection problems

26 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The server just went up 5 minutes ago. Read the maintenance notes.

:fishpalm:  Sy you really expected people to READ the announcement?!

You know that any information provided by WG has to be ignored at best and must be wrong at the worst.

How else would the tinfoil hat brigade jump to so many obvious conclusions about in game conspiracies?

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

:fishpalm:  Sy you really expected people to READ the announcement?!

You know that any information provided by WG has to be ignored at best and must be wrong at the worst.

How else would the tinfoil hat brigade jump to so many obvious conclusions about in game conspiracies?

Yes failure to read what is in front of them is a situation not limited to gaming!

117 posts
1,365 battles

Are you serious Dead Man Walking? You're attitude would suggest that the Gifs you display are disingenuous at best. Perhaps you should reflect before you post? 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Are you serious Dead Man Walking? You're attitude would suggest that the Gifs you display are disingenuous at best. Perhaps you should reflect before you post? 

That was a sarcasm at its best

You sound like moderator from NA or EU that cant take sarcasm

575 posts
5,354 battles

That was a sarcasm at its best

You sound like moderator from NA or EU that cant take sarcasm

The problem is moderators, admins, and others in position of 'authority' in this setting must be above sarcasm in any form. Not doing so can and does incite others to react in a manner that causes angst for themselves and frustration when they see it coming from a moderator. It sets a bad precedent when moderators engage in such things as they are supposed to be above such trivial acts.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The problem is moderators, admins, and others in position of 'authority' in this setting must be above sarcasm in any form. Not doing so can and does incite others to react in a manner that causes angst for themselves and frustration when they see it coming from a moderator. It sets a bad precedent when moderators engage in such things as they are supposed to be above such trivial acts.

RY et al,

moderators on this cluster are NOT wargaming.net employees.  They are volunteers who were invited to help by wargaming.net staff based on track record and interaction with the community.  By continuing to interact with the community, we set an example of how far and what can/cannot be said/is permitted.  Posts in black/blue (actually any colour other than red) are from us as fellow players and members of the community.  The only time we have our moderator hats on is when we post in red ink.  If you have a complaint about the behaviour of a moderator please take it up with support (this ensures transparency as moderators do not have access to the support system).

~dead_man_walking

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

If I was a moderator, and if I did not have any sarcasm, I would ban you on the spot.

117 posts
1,365 battles

It's very simple. Clearly above all of those involved. A "Moderator" Moderates. A "Commentator" Commentates. Simply choose what you prefer. I struggle to see why if you take on the task of "Moderator" you would feel the need to "Commontate" 

575 posts
5,354 battles

RY et al,

moderators on this cluster are NOT wargaming.net employees.  They are volunteers who were invited to help by wargaming.net staff based on track record and interaction with the community.  By continuing to interact with the community, we set an example of how far and what can/cannot be said/is permitted.  Posts in black/blue (actually any colour other than red) are from us as fellow players and members of the community.  The only time we have our moderator hats on is when we post in red ink.  If you have a complaint about the behaviour of a moderator please take it up with support (this ensures transparency as moderators do not have access to the support system).

~dead_man_walking

That is a strawman argument. You as a moderator on an official Wargaming forum represent the company and the game. This is a standard upheld by all major gaming companies in the genre. For you or any other moderator or admin to engage in such actions against a member of the community dulls the reputation of the company and game. There is no hiding behind such rhetoric you just posted. There is no middle ground for this.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

It's very simple. Clearly above all of those involved. A "Moderator" Moderates. A "Commentator" Commentates. Simply choose what you prefer. I struggle to see why if you take on the task of "Moderator" you would feel the need to "Commontate" 

That is a strawman argument. You as a moderator on an official Wargaming forum represent the company and the game. This is a standard upheld by all major gaming companies in the genre. For you or any other moderator or admin to engage in such actions against a member of the community dulls the reputation of the company and game. There is no hiding behind such rhetoric you just posted. There is no middle ground for this.

dmw isn't a robot and is entitled to his opinion (sarcastic or not). He has mentioned on numerous occasions that he is not a WG employee, therefore he does not represent the company or game. He is voluntarily enforcing the rules that WG set. If you have an issue with this, as dmw has stated, raise a ticket and await a response. There's no point in trying to argue it here.

As an example, it's just like the police and the law. Police will enforce the law, if you have an issue with it, you raise it with the court not the officer issuing the infringement, but don't insult the officer. If it is double standards or the officer has done something incorrect they will be dealt with as such.

I highly recommend you two drop this argument in an expedited manner and submit your tickets to WG.

575 posts
5,354 battles

dmw isn't a robot and is entitled to his opinion (sarcastic or not). He has mentioned on numerous occasions that he is not a WG employee, therefore he does not represent the company or game. He is voluntarily enforcing the rules that WG set. If you have an issue with this, as dmw has stated, raise a ticket and await a response. There's no point in trying to argue it here.

As an example, it's just like the police and the law. Police will enforce the law, if you have an issue with it, you raise it with the court not the officer issuing the infringement, but don't insult the officer. If it is double standards or the officer has done something incorrect they will be dealt with as such.

I highly recommend you two drop this argument in an expedited manner and submit your tickets to WG.

So now the ad hominem attacks surface in defense of moderators who are allowed to troll, use sarcastic replies, and other demeaning posts towards the company's customers. Okay, got it.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

As a Moderator ADM_dude. You're not allowed an opinion. You simply Moderate.  You have to contain and separate yourself. That's why you Moderate. 

In his moderator capacity, dmw keeps his opinions in check, you can find any of his red text posts and see that none of them contain his views or opinions . However, as a player of this game he is entitled to his opinion as well. This is differentiated by the use of red text. Don't think that moderators are above the law as well, other moderators can red pen another moderators opinion post if they reasonably believe is is in contravention of the rules. I've seen a moderator red pen his own post because even he thought it was too much.

Like I said, if you have issues raise a ticket and leave it at that. Don't bother arguing it otherwise this thread will be locked.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

So now the ad hominem attacks surface in defense of moderators who are allowed to troll, use sarcastic replies, and other demeaning posts towards the company's customers. Okay, got it.

Please go ahead and show me where I have attacked you...

I will defend another customer who is not being allowed to use the forum in a manner available to any other customer. Once again I recommend you submit your ticket and leave it at that.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Like I said, if you have issues raise a ticket and leave it at that. Don't bother arguing it otherwise this thread will be locked.

Yes yes, they will lock it because apparently there is no such thing as free speech if your opinion differs from the establishment. So therefore, the moderators get away with murder (so to speak) where they have free rein to impune the character of the customers through trollish responses disguised as sarcasm because they do not 'work' for the company.

350 posts

Everyone please go back to the topic as continuing this argument would only lead to this thread being locked. Rebellious Yankee and RowdyBilly, as ADM dude had said what ever grievances you have against WG or the moderators would be best taken up with support.

This thread is for gaming topics only.

Thank you.