Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

the sinking of HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

an arrogance that lead to a disaster costing hundreds of sailor life. the sinking of HMS Prince of wales and HMS Repulse.

posted because RN ship are coming soon.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

What i don't get is why the Russia Japanese war on 1904 did not remind people of what the Japanese are capable of? And then the Japanese in China.... everywhere they turn, victorious, i mean.... how much more evidence do you need that the imagined racial/cultural weaknesses cannot possibly be true with all that happening?

What do they call it when you think something despite abundant evidence to the contrary?

Alpha Tester
73 posts
284 battles

What i don't get is why the Russia Japanese war on 1904 did not remind people of what the Japanese are capable of? And then the Japanese in China.... everywhere they turn, victorious, i mean.... how much more evidence do you need that the imagined racial/cultural weaknesses cannot possibly be true with all that happening?

What do they call it when you think something despite abundant evidence to the contrary?

Um because of the high regard in which the Russian Navy and the Chinese were held.

Dan

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Um because of the high regard in which the Russian Navy and the Chinese were held.

Dan

Well lucky WOW Russian line does not reflect historical proficiency then! lol

Russian land forces were also spanked by the Japanese because the Russians underestimated them.

My point is, there is no excuse for any allied nation in ww2 two have underestimated the Japanese with Japanese exploits and intel available on the record for all to see.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Well lucky WOW Russian line does not reflect historical proficiency then! lol

Russian land forces were also spanked by the Japanese because the Russians underestimated them.

My point is, there is no excuse for any allied nation in ww2 two have underestimated the Japanese with Japanese exploits and intel available on the record for all to see.

what do you expect from churchill, the same guy who underestimate the turks and sent hundreds of thousdands Australians to die at gallipoli.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

what do you expect from churchill, the same guy who underestimate the turks and sent hundreds of thousdands Australians to die at gallipoli.

Well actually the plan was a very good plan but Churchil was impatient and that is what ruined the plan. The navy was supposed to attack in the channel overland at the same time as the landings, but the troop ships were slow, and Churchill decided it would be a good idea to send the navy in anyway and get spanked and warn the turks of the impending invasion to come. Obvious to anyone it was a stupendously dumbass move. Had they coordinated the naval and land attack as planned, well, just imagine?

10 posts
1,368 battles

Please make "The sinking of HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse" as a scenario, with or without a light carrier!

213 posts
4,335 battles

On 13/07/2017 at 4:28 PM, zitadel said:

Please make "The sinking of HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse" as a scenario, with or without a light carrier!

You get to play PoW. I get to play land based bomber force?

13 posts
2,045 battles

Unfortunately the Japanese armed forces (all of them, not just the ijn) we're underestimated. They had serious shortcomings but we're however a force to be reckoned with. An example of a fault would be the carrier decks, which tended to light up like a bonfire after one or two direct hits from either he rounds or bomb impacts. Unfortunately this really wasn't enough of a weakness to halt them in their tracks. Well, certain scenarios it did but yeah you get the idea. Severely underestimated

Felix

Sign in to follow this