Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Moskva OP at tier 10? Your Opinions?

Is Moskva OP in Tier 10?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is it Op among Tier 10 ships?

• Too OP dev plz nerf
    • It is indeed stronger than other ships, but not OP.
    • I have no feelings one way or the other.
    • It is actually worse than other Tier 10 in my opinion.
    • Hell No it is too crap of a ship
    • Poi

32 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,189 battles

Right now in Tier 10:

Shimakaze got nerfed torps, underpowered

Zao nerfed invis fire, still good to play with

Lets not talk about CVs.

Montana good all rounder except when vs yamato.

Hindenburg, not so bad, not so good

Des Moines No CV=Poor credit /exp yield

Yamato, welp, still good when VS other BBs, but got burned bad.

Gearing's fun to play

Khabarovsk is???????What does this ship even do? Annoying BB and CA players to hell and terrorize DD players? But still not op

Now Moskva....this thing

Huge health pool, AA better than IJN, can bounce BB shell's armour when angled, high speed,  decent RPM, soviet penetration, magic shell velocity, BBs range

The thing is Devs try to justify it by saying it has sluggish turning and bad concealment, But you dont even need to go frontline or to use broadside to unleash this things power, all moskvas just turn bow at enemy BB CAat 18-20 Km and fire non stop, BB can not do anything about it. Yes other nation's cruisers can use concealment to surprise attack, but that doesn't stop it from having the best shell arc/velocity/penetration of any CA in game. Because its better than IJN AA even CVs prefer to torp a poor ibuki/zao/atago over it.

German CA have good AP penetration and torps. But in return gets bad armour, bad HE and bad conceal

Japan CA have good HE, good shell arc best CA torps and good conceal, but in return gets ultra bad AA, huge citadel, lowest rpm and sluggish turning and no radar

American CA have best AA, best RPM and radar, but in return get ultra bad shell arc thus not even good shells are gonna hit anything,  and no torps

Russian CA Has Good HE, decent RPM, best shell arc, long range, best penetration, high speed, high HP, radar

what else does it possibly need? 

Your opinions, keep it civil.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

In my opinion Moskva is the best CA "when playing with team" due to the lack of mobility and size of the ship it self so im not surprise if Hindenburg beating Moskva real bad :D:D:D

But when you getting beat by 2 Moskva that hiding in Gearing smoke you know you going to have a bad day :trollface:

634 posts
6,189 battles

check flamu zao vs des moins, moskva vs hindenburg video, hindenburg beat moskva and des moines one-sided. :popcorn:

The thing is

1st, its bots, outcome too random to be counted as real statistics, 

2nd bot dont know how to use range advantage, bots like to get in close, this is where german CA's armour showed their effectiveness and also german CA have torps.

507 posts
9,826 battles

you're not gonna be fighting only "BB's". yes its good at fighting them but that's not something that makes it OP.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

there's a simple fix: why are you playing tier 10?.

it costs too much to play, so why bother?. 

the only time I play tier 10 is when my tier 8 premium ships are forced to play it, and that's too often, it's a shame that a ship you buy gets bumped up to fill the lower numbers at higher tiers. Technically, it SHOULD happen less often than the players who are grinding a free to play tier 8.

I did the grind to the shimakaze, spending money as I went, to find it gets "balanced and rebalanced" until it's a dud. Wow great investment there, bye bye to many hours and a few bucks.

Also did the grind to the kharb, through the udaloi when it was complete puss, often losing 3/4 gun turrets in a battle....yeah the kharb is still ok, but don't play tier 10's...can't go wrong backing a russian, in any WG series, it would appear...

I was hoping to see a decent gradient on population growth, however the game appears to have reached critical population mass.

Ze germans the Royal Navy, and others won't attract new players, I think those who like ship combat are already here.

And Royal Navy is far too overdue, the game will be half dead by the time they get here, I hear the French are next!.

Beta Tester
906 posts

Right now in Tier 10:

Lets not talk about CVs.

Gearing's fun to play

Khabarovsk is???????What does this ship even do? Annoying BB and CA players to hell and terrorize DD players? But still not op

Now Moskva....this thing

Huge health pool, AA better than IJN, can bounce BB shell's armour when angled, high speed,  decent RPM, soviet penetration, magic shell velocity, BBs range

The thing is Devs try to justify it by saying it has sluggish turning and bad concealment, But you dont even need to go frontline or to use broadside to unleash this things power, all moskvas just turn bow at enemy BB CAat 18-20 Km and fire non stop, BB can not do anything about it. Yes other nation's cruisers can use concealment to surprise attack, but that doesn't stop it from having the best shell arc/velocity/penetration of any CA in game. Because its better than IJN AA even CVs prefer to torp a poor ibuki/zao/atago over it.

German CA have good AP penetration and torps. But in return gets bad armour, bad HE and bad conceal

Japan CA have good HE, good shell arc best CA torps and good conceal, but in return gets ultra bad AA, huge citadel, lowest rpm and sluggish turning and no radar

American CA have best AA, best RPM and radar, but in return get ultra bad shell arc thus not even good shells are gonna hit anything,  and no torps

Russian CA Has Good HE, decent RPM, best shell arc, long range, best penetration, high speed, high HP, radar

Do you own a moskva?

Do you know how easy it is to lose its front guns to plunging fire?

634 posts
6,189 battles

Do you own a moskva?

Do you know how easy it is to lose its front guns to plunging fire?

I own a yamato, and never once was i able to destroy a moskva's front guns:hiding:always i got burned

guess maybe we both need to git gud, you try not to lose ur front gun, i try not to get burned:great:

683 posts
7,332 battles

Moksva... I don't know how to say, she is definitely not a front liner. When ever she comes too near to my Hinden and show broadside, things will turn ugly. From what I saw other players using her, it seem her strength is to stay at a distance and don't stop shooting.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

For me, I don't complain about any ship or class being OP or UP. If I don't like a ship, I don't play it, if I like one, I play it more than others. Heck I don't even know the numbers of stuffs on the ships I play. If you ask me how far a Colorado can shoot, I will have to tell you, something around 19 km, but I don't know the exact values. I still don't know the top speed of most of the ships, you see one, you shoot one, that is my thought process. Fun and more engaging than math crunching over a simple game.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Feared ships are good.

So no, don’t nerf Moskva and don’t nerf Yamato even though it’s hard to destroyer her 1v1 versing Montana

Restore the Zao to its former glory

Restore the Shimakaze 20km torps speed and detectability

Restore the Minekaze 10km torps

Stop re-balancing ships and restore all the nerfed ships to their former glory, except the Saipan (nerf it hard).

I believe that each ship should have its special advantage and so this give the inspiration (that is needed) for the players to aspire to. Top tier players will just have to work together to destroy something like the Yamato. I was on the Kagero when they nerf the Shimakaze and that was so disappointing

Edited by Yul_Brynner

266 posts
5,135 battles

Feared ships are good.

I believe that each ship should have its special advantage and so this give the inspiration (that is needed) for the players to aspire to. Top tier players will just have to work together to destroy something like the Yamato. I was on the Kagero when they nerf the Shimakaze and that was so disappointing

You see, working together to take down a ship is good and all. But when a ship is too strong compared to its peers, everyone will end up using them and left the other not-so-great ships rusting in their port. I personally would hate seeing a T10 match filled with only Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze on every team.

Restore the Zao to its former glory

Uhh... what former glory? I just took her into 3 consecutive battles 2 days ago and I still managed to get 195k average damage. Zao is still a very glorious ship.

On topic; No, Moskva is not OP. Her size, concealment and sluggish maneuverability makes her very susceptible to focus fire, just like a Yamato. Against other CAs, a Zao will still win at long range shootout, while Des Moines will rekt Moskva at close range. If the Moskva was clueless enough to show broadside, Hindenburg will delete her in one or two salvo.

Edited by AsakuraShinji

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

To be honest of the T10 Cruisers I find the Moskva the easiest to deal with in my Montana. It's massive and really easy to hit, combine that with the flat shell trajectory which means it can't hide behind Islands very well the Moskva has less going for it than most people would assume. 

435 posts
6,169 battles

I personally would hate seeing a T10 match filled with only Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze on every team.

You have describe is the perfect game of fear, each ship Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze has its advantages and achilles heel

Yamato would fear Shimakaze

Shimakaze would fear Zao

Zao would fear Yamato

And that is what makes up a great game.The different between classes are a little more refine but the advantages and disadvantages should still apply

Edited by Yul_Brynner

266 posts
5,135 battles

You have describe is the perfect game of fear, each ship Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze has its advantages and achilles heel

Yamato would fear Shimakaze

Shimakaze would fear Zao

Zao would fear Yamato

And that is what makes up a great game.The different between classes are a little more refine but the advantages and disadvantages should still apply

Well, okay... if you like that kind of game then good for you...

But for me, it's just [content removed]. Given how the playerbase of this game is, I'm pretty sure the Yamatos will stay at 20km+ plunging shells at each other, the Shimas will stay near base spamming their 20km torps blindly, and all the Zaos will be too afraid to push because they are afraid of the citadels and torps. No one will even go near the middle of the map because of that 'fear', literally a very stale gameplay.

That's why I never complained when a ship is nerfed or buffed, as long as it's for the sake of balance.

Inappropriate (cancer reference). Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

1 post
6,170 battles

Moskva is....

a great pain in the arse to kill in a Roon, all it does is hide at range and shell. The German ships need to lose concealment faster imo. 

On the receiving end, her '10.4s' reload (It seems like Nurnberg reload really) is really short, and should be lengthened, especially considering the caliber of her guns and the fire rate of her HE (17%)

Perhaps a fair way of nerfing her would be to lower the speed slightly, so the other short ranged cruisers have a chance to catch up to her, instead of her simply hiding behind islands and shooting, then running like a DD when caught.

Increasing her shell dispersion might also be a good idea, having been on the receiving end of full salvos at 19km with evasive actions really is a pain in the arse.

I've only entered Tier X matches in cruisers, so I hope I about summed it up for the average cruiserman.

185 posts
584 battles

Right now in Tier 10:

Lets not talk about CVs.

Gearing's fun to play

Now Moskva....this thing

Sniping at 20 km

Sign in to follow this