You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Why does Iowa cost more than Monatana?

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I don't get it, Iowa is 15.5 million credits, then you have to spend 1.3 million on an engine upgrade, 2.1 million on a targeting upgrade, 3.5 million on the B hull then 5 million on the C hull.

Giving Iowa a final cost of 27.4 million credits.

Montana cost 20.8 million credits to buy.

Someone explain this.....

How can the tier 9 ship cost nearly 7 million more than the tier 10 ship and someone then sits back and goes "yeah thats fair"

Just damn i am lost for words, whose idea was this?

is there actually someone out there that supports this advanced form of wizardry?

(and yes i see the typo in the title... now...)

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It's taken you till now to notice that?

yeah it has taken me this long to get back to high tiers after cbt lol.

never seen anyone mention it though, tier 9 ships should not cost more than the t10 ships

plus im just thinking... i could swear iowa used to be cheaper, something like 13.2 mil or am i thinking of balti?

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well, there are no upgrades for a tier 10, that's why the tier 9 costs more over all, as you have to put upgrades on it before you can get a tier 10.

But if you don't buy any upgrade or put them  on your tier 9 then it will be cheaper and the tier 10 will cost more. 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

well, there are no upgrades for a tier 10, that's why the tier 9 costs more over all, as you have to put upgrades on it before you can get a tier 10.

But if you don't buy any upgrade or put them  on your tier 9 then it will be cheaper and the tier 10 will cost more. 

They could still remove the stock hull and make it start with the B hull, bam the ship is now about the same price as Montana.

But that doesnt encourage people to free xp the hulls i guess.....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

They could still remove the stock hull and make it start with the B hull, bam the ship is now about the same price as Montana.

But that doesnt encourage people to free xp the hulls i guess.....

spot on.

WG wants to make it diffcult to go up the tiers and yes they want players to spend money on free XP thats why we have donky ships.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Alternatively...you could just use the A hull, stock fire control system and stock propulsion.

220 posts
3,420 battles

The cost has never come into it (all free here) by the time I was going up from the T6 ship up the money earn flew up the millions as the XP only went up a little at a time..by the time the Roon happens in 4-ish months time I'll be at 50 million plus and on it will go..at the T10 Ship it'll be 100 million and that will sit and pay for many battles repairs.

Then will set sights on the Atlanta, after seeing a video where it burns and burns BB's to death..I dream of it

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

Well the T9 Iowa had a few refits and that is where the A-B-C hulls come into it as well as the FCS & propulsion, all that needs to be paid for where as T10 is the pinnacle of the Tech tree that requires no further upgrades to spend. So therefore it is cheaper than T9.

69 posts
8,845 battles

izumo is the same, but at least its playable, not like some ship such as amagi that if you use stock hull you only have aa rating of 10 or something. i remember i ued all my free experience to upgrade amagis hull otherwise so afraid to see a cv in the battlefield

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

izumo is the same, but at least its playable, not like some ship such as amagi that if you use stock hull you only have aa rating of 10 or something. i remember i ued all my free experience to upgrade amagis hull otherwise so afraid to see a cv in the battlefield

I havent played Amagi since cbt so i can't really comment on it, i swear in cbt it didnt even have that stock hull....

they added that stuff to encourage people to buy gold and free xp the modules on ships.