Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
k2m2_01

Current and Upcoming MM Mechanics

7 comments in this topic

[REACH]
Beta Tester
47 posts

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to report/rant/mention this but as tradition of all WarGaming games, the MM is a messed up piece of..... *ahem*

I'm no expert and I've been out of the loop for a while but since coming back, the MM was worse than before.

We finally get the +1 -1 MM to some ships. Sure.

Next update will also force players to play within the same tier in a division. riiiight........ I don't know what to feel about this

Well it will still be broken no matter what WG will do unless they fix the messed up insta-grab queuing.
The quick selection of players in a match already breaks or overrides the new mechanics added as the quick-grabbing comes first.

There's also the issue with Saipan.
Please make Saipan have mirror match making.
It seriously sucks using a Zuihou or even tier VIII CVs against a damned Saipan.

This post might be buried or will fall into deaf ears but I seriously hope WG devs will do something about MM's "fun and engaging mechanics".

Untitled.jpg

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

They need to fix the potato teams.  Sometimes you win too fast, sometimes you cannot win.  This is just disheartening.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Saipan is a tier 7 CV, the SS shows it matched up against another tier 7 CV - Whats the problem?

Potato teams are just that, potato teams. Nothing can fix that.

118 posts
3,585 battles

They also need to fix the CV MM.

I've been in a lot of bad MM where my ryujo is always matched up against +2 tier ships.

And there will mostly be ships of my tier accompanying me and suffering.

[REACH]
Beta Tester
47 posts

Saipan is a tier 7 CV, the SS shows it matched up against another tier 7 CV - Whats the problem?

Ah the SS simply shows the whole example of a same tier MM. We tried 3 Furutakas in a div and we ended up in a tier 8 match. :/

As for the Saipan problem, anything below tier 8 has no match against it unless the Saipan player is a potato. I played with my Zuihou in a tier 5 div and we ended up against a Saipan and Hiryuu. This didn't happen once. Wish I had screen capped them.

My point is, Saipan uses tier 9 planes and pawns tier V to tier VII. I successfully strafed 2 squads and none were shot down from my Zuihou's fighters. They applied the CV MM mechanics to same tier mirror matching but I don't see it happening especially when on a division.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Ah the SS simply shows the whole example of a same tier MM. We tried 3 Furutakas in a div and we ended up in a tier 8 match. :/

As for the Saipan problem, anything below tier 8 has no match against it unless the Saipan player is a potato. I played with my Zuihou in a tier 5 div and we ended up against a Saipan and Hiryuu. This didn't happen once. Wish I had screen capped them.

My point is, Saipan uses tier 9 planes and pawns tier V to tier VII. I successfully strafed 2 squads and none were shot down from my Zuihou's fighters. They applied the CV MM mechanics to same tier mirror matching but I don't see it happening especially when on a division.

If you encountered something weird like 3-players tier 5 Furutaka div in a tier 8, screenshot it. But that's impossible since tier 5 MM is +/-2 & it never reached tier 8 battle unless one of your div mate is tier 6 ship. Since the MM rule for Div is take the highest tier of the division & use the regular procedure for whatever highest tier.
Edited by Mingfang47

[REACH]
Beta Tester
47 posts

Yeah, I wished I was able to save the screenshot but wasn't able to. Net cafe (no ability to save in drive at that time)

Sign in to follow this