Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Premium time rant

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Time for one of my rants, aren't they fun? :popcorn:

I am really not understanding how premium time works with wargaming products...

How is it at all fair that i have to pay for 24 hours of premium time if i want to play maybe 3 hours of the game?

If that time stopped ticking when you do not log on that would be fine but it doesnt, you can not play for a week and there goes $7 worth of premium time even though you used literally none of it.

Surely there could be a compromise where you can buy less than 24 hours of premium time and not be punished with up to triple the price..

Either that or the premium time ticking while you are not even online needs to stop, on average i might play for 10 hours out of 168 when i buy a weeks worth of premium...

Really getting my moneys worth...

idk how else to explain it other than i could be using that money to buy dank games on steam that would probably be giving me much more than 10 hours worth of gameplay in a week.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Why?

Because:

w7en4i.gif

Really does seem like wargaming are hoping everyone will just keep throwing money at their screens without thinking about it.

I wonder if they realise they would sell more than double the amount of premium crap if it was all half the price it is now.

I know id buy a hell of a lot more from the shop if it was all cheaper lol, $60 for a ship for an example is just wtf, i can buy fallout 4 for that, idk if a tirpitz is worth as much as fallout 4 if im honest.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

Really does seem like wargaming are hoping everyone will just keep throwing money at their screens without thinking about it.

I wonder if they realise they would sell more than double the amount of premium crap if it was all half the price it is now.

I know id buy a hell of a lot more from the shop if it was all cheaper lol, $60 for a ship for an example is just wtf, i can buy fallout 4 for that, idk if a tirpitz is worth as much as fallout 4 if im honest.

Well.

They will and will continue to do so.

Look how many people want their hands on the Scharnhorst.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Well.

They will and will continue to do so.

Look how many people want their hands on the Scharnhorst.

look how many people bought Atago and Tirpitz already.

still i think they would have sold twice as many of those ships if they were cheaper, its only really a test of which kids can get a hold of mum or dads credit card because anyone who works for money knows thats a bit too much to be paying considering what else you can buy for $60 lol

its like the $100+ packs, i swear they are only there for that exact reason, what person in their right mind would buy one of them with their own money :D?

most people earn like $20 an hour at work lol

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

Buy flags. 

There are heaps on sale atm, and some give 50% more xp per battle. I presume you want prem for the xp bonus.

That way, you decide when and where your $$ will be used.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Buy flags. 

There are heaps on sale atm, and some give 50% more xp per battle. I presume you want prem for the xp bonus.

That way, you decide when and where your $$ will be used.

Sadly there are no +50% credit flag, only 20%.

But still, they don't sell 1-2 types of flags but bundled alot of types in 1 package, so it's really difficult to get the only ones I need (XP and cred) without wasting money on other ones I don't use.

Resolve? Buy neither, play free.

XP flags are not that hard to get though, atleast if the player is any good, so does credit flag although you farm them 10x slower than XP flag.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Sadly there are no +50% credit flag, only 20%.

But still, they don't sell 1-2 types of flags but bundled alot of types in 1 package, so it's really difficult to get the only ones I need (XP and cred) without wasting money on other ones I don't use.

Resolve? Buy neither, play free.

XP flags are not that hard to get though, atleast if the player is any good, so does credit flag although you farm them 10x slower than XP flag.

you do make a good point.... its not like the game is better above tier 6 where you actually need prem to play, its most fun between t3-6

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

look how many people bought Atago and Tirpitz already.

still i think they would have sold twice as many of those ships if they were cheaper, its only really a test of which kids can get a hold of mum or dads credit card because anyone who works for money knows thats a bit too much to be paying considering what else you can buy for $60 lol

its like the $100+ packs, i swear they are only there for that exact reason, what person in their right mind would buy one of them with their own money :D?

most people earn like $20 an hour at work lol

There are a lot of good points in there. I'm sure that they would increase their sales if they lowered their prices.

There are also a lot of players earn a lot more that $20 an hour (I'm one of them) and they have surplus cash they can spend on games like this.

I'll probably buy both the french and german BB's (more like battlecruisers) when they come out, just to collect them.

I'm sure that there are also many others players like me that keep WG well supplied with rubles.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,858 posts
4,140 battles

I'm also one of those players that don't worry about the cost of gaming but I just sit back and laugh every time I hear someone complaining about spending money on WG products.   Been there done that.   Have the coffee cup.   You only have yourself to blame.   I'm sure the next time I have a great laugh is the great scharnhorst headless chicken  sale of 2016.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Sign in to follow this