8knots_Kai

Thoughts on WG forums (and in-game chats) when compared to others

6 comments in this topic

181 posts
7,594 battles

(Hi mods! pls don't ban me too because I just want to share my opinions about things that differs WG forums from others :))

I've only been in this forum for a couple of weeks and have been realizing that WG has a "very" strict rules in posting opinions and feedback (unlike many other forums I've been in before where nothing other than obvious troller gets the hammer). What's been bothering my mind is why so many players are never worried of getting warned or even banned for making even the slightest of inappropriate posts? Even jokes can get you perma-banned. I, for myself have always been carefully thinking every words before posting something in the forum or even the in-game chat. Is it really that hard for players here to keep their manners rather than getting an unfortunate consequences? or maybe is it me that I'm too civilized to be an internet user?

Edited by 8knots

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yes
The other side is much greener

We already talked about this for months about comparing forum and community between region

Search function is there for a reason

Edited by Harpoon01

590 posts
2,995 battles

The Forums are PG rated, plus when you sign up your agreeing to abide by the forum and in game rules. 

Mod's like myself are in part responsible for 1. rules being upheld and 2. keeping the community safe, so more players do join and games are more friendly

At the end of the day :) play by the rules and you'll have no issues. 

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

(Hi mods! pls don't ban me too because I just want to share my opinions about things that differs WG forums from others :))

I've only been in this forum for a couple of weeks and have been realizing that WG has a "very" strict rules in posting opinions and feedback (unlike many other forums I've been in before where nothing other than obvious troller gets the hammer). What's been bothering my mind is why so many players are never worried of getting warned or even banned for making even the slightest of inappropriate posts? Even jokes can get you perma-banned. I, for myself have always been carefully thinking every words before posting something in the forum or even the in-game chat. Is it really that hard for players here to keep their manners rather than getting an unfortunate consequences? (1) or maybe is it me that I'm too civilized to be an internet user(2)?

1. Yup, it is that hard apparently, and

2. Nope.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Moderation requirements, both in-game and the forums, are set by WG and are not negotiable.

Discussions on/or about moderation standards on the forums are prohibited.

PM a mod if you want clarification on something.

Raise a support ticket if you have received a ban and wish to contest it.

Thread locked.

~dead_man_walking