Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Does strafing ruining CV game play?

10 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Allow me to preface this by saying that I'm not a CV player having realised a long time ago that I sucked in them and was therefore hampering my team as a result, which I might add most CV players should do as most are useless but when you get a good CV player then they are worth their weight in gold.

However, since the strafing was introduced it seems that countless times, sometimes after 5 minutes into battle, that most CV's planes have been shot down making them floating pinatas in essence while one is left to dominate the match.

Before the introduction of strafing it was up to the CV player to make the most of his nations CV strength and not rely upon a well timed/lucky strafing run which can decimate entire squadrons of planes or even 2.

Therefore I ask all CV players as to whether they think strafing is beneficial? 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

It's one of the solution to the closed beta issue of early death of one team's CV. Giving AA Defense consumables to high tier CV also added in live patch.

783 posts
4,821 battles

Strafing is stupid in hindsight but is a necessary mechanic in-game.

I'll leave it that you don't want to get sniped every single game just because there's no other counter to a blob of enemy bombers other than a strafe.

Sure you can prevent it with DFAA, but that's only for the instance. The enemy can try again and it's game over.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

I hate and love this mechanic. I hate it because it looks and sound stupid, I like it because it gives fighters some huge air pressence. Ruining CV gameplay? Maybe not, at least not for me

Sign in to follow this