You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SlamUez

Some Myoko's are rigged

101 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
908 posts

Seriously the ARP ships when you hit them with AP, you don't yield the damage compared to standard myokos. Its like they are blessed or rigged.

I can link a few replays where i full broadside hit them with a BB. Yet many shells bounce or do 1 - 2k dmg. Next game same thing on a normal myoko and I am getting citadels.

I couldn't make any sense of this during ranked games, where shots that should have linked did bugger all damage. Guys were running around in their ARP ships.

I will be paying closer attention to these ships now, and will aim hard at them to see if these ships are indeed protected.

I guess you can't keep pounding noobs that sail these things otherwise they will quit the game. These ships were given to them overall.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Maybe because they are more skilled players

You can also go to another port to end the frustration 

Edited by FenrirApalis

Beta Tester
908 posts

5 out of 8 hits from 10km out in a warspite overpen? doing 2k dmg? These were full broadside hit from middle to rear turret of the arp myoko.

I have been hitting mogami's much harder, but an ARP myoko doesn't yield as much damage.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Working as intended.

These shots were from April, something has drastically changed in this game for a while now. They have introduced so much angling bounces, its no longer as easy to get shots like that. I'd say that same shot today would fail to take half of the HP off that ship.

I have recorded every game I have played, might even be worthwhile for me to go back and look at how much this game has changed. When key shots use to link but no longer now.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

not as much overpen as tier 6 german cruiser. i saw flamu get frustrated as she get overpen after overpen against a broadsiding and not evading nurnberg.

check one of his kirov games.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

obligatory x files theme.

i have that rng before. i miss all most of my salvo against a stationary atago on my colorado. that was two to three salvo worth of shell doing mediocre damage against stationary target...

248 posts

i completely agree. i got 6 shells on a ashigara today and knew before they even hit

that they wouldn't yield as they haven't been lately.

got 6 hits from a NAGATO and did zero damage. on BROADSIDE.

something is very very wrong.

cue the normal forum trolling

Edited by fuzzjunky

345 posts
3,663 battles

LOL... i've been hitting lots of citadels against those Arp Myokos/Ashigara/Haguro with my Myoko's (original) 203mm guns. What's fun is when i charge battleships with my bow pointed at them and burn them to the ground. I've been hit with a lot of citadels in the past few games too with my Arp Ashigara and Myoko. Even my Aoba can pen those Colorful Myokos. 

Edited by Loshirai14

575 posts
5,354 battles

From what I've learned from a few of the YouTubers for WoWs (like Notser), there seems to be an issue with the introduction of the new hit ribbons. I've personally had shots hit full broadsides on ships where it indicated penetrations yet there was no damage. Or hit a DD with 4 or 5 14"+ shells and 6 to 8k flash up for damage when it indicated over penetrations and bounces that gave me over penetration damage. Something is right about how the damage is done when hits are made. I'm sure if everyone thinks about their recent battles where they had hits as I listed and had similar results, may well understand there is something wrong within the damage mechanics.

783 posts
4,819 battles

From what I've learned from a few of the YouTubers for WoWs (like Notser), there seems to be an issue with the introduction of the new hit ribbons. I've personally had shots hit full broadsides on ships where it indicated penetrations yet there was no damage. Or hit a DD with 4 or 5 14"+ shells and 6 to 8k flash up for damage when it indicated over penetrations and bounces that gave me over penetration damage. Something is right about how the damage is done when hits are made. I'm sure if everyone thinks about their recent battles where they had hits as I listed and had similar results, may well understand there is something wrong within the damage mechanics.

Shell mechanics aren't really as straightforward.

Some of the "penetration ribbons" might've been on a module and thus ended with 0 damage. Modules soaking damage are much more common than a ship part being saturated but even the latter may happen. Then there are ribbons that are duplicated. You know when times when your shell both over penetrates by hitting a superstructure and then penetrates into the deck resulting into 43% of AP shell damage. And within that equation, module soaking or ship part saturation can occur as well. There may be a lot more.

Also, citadel overpens exist as well.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

PRocHo1.jpg

she's not negating citadel hit. her citadel(engine) are oddly places so hitting her dead center won't score citadel. its better to hit her citadel under her guns.

more details about clevland citadel locations

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/30/1437422123-cleveland-citadelle.jpg

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Some of the "penetration ribbons" might've been on a module and thus ended with 0 damage. Modules soaking damage are much more common than a ship part being saturated but even the latter may happen. Then there are ribbons that are duplicated. You know when times when your shell both over penetrates by hitting a superstructure and then penetrates into the deck resulting into 43% of AP shell damage. And within that equation, module soaking or ship part saturation can occur as well. There may be a lot more.

i made a post about this. someone says that there's a problem ( a delay) between client and the server, causing those misidentified ribbons.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/17399-ribbon-hit-bug/

575 posts
5,354 battles

While I fully understand what you're saying, the damage result now after this patch that put these ribbons in are far different than the damage results before the patch. This should not be the case. In my replay I uploaded to WoWSReplay in my Nikolai that was made into a video shows this. A viewer commented on how I had a full penetration hit and no damage on a full HP Myogi. I was a bit perplexed by that myself when it happened.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Dunno about you guys, but to think we are smoking something.

I just 1 shotted a Des Moines with 4 citadels from 18km out in an IOWA.

If you think good players will miss shots from 10km out against a broadside myoko in a warspite? 

Something just isn't right with the myoko ship, I have no problems with mogami's ibukis or zaos. But ARP myokos are funny, you cant link well placed shots.

Heres the replay of the above game.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/13974

In the game, I purposely disabled the enemy Iowa guns with 2 salvos. This is the kind of aim I'm talking about.

Edited by SlamUez

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Dunno about you guys, but to think we are smoking something.

I just 1 shotted a Des Moines with 4 citadels from 18km out in an IOWA.

If you think good players will miss shots from 10km out against a broadside myoko in a warspite? 

Something just isn't right with the myoko ship, I have no problems with mogami's ibukis or zaos. But ARP myokos are funny, you cant link well placed shots.

just wonky RNGeesus experience from time to time. i have experiencing games from couple of days ago where cruiser survive my full salvo with only couple of HP left. its so frustrating.

RNG, Y U DO THIS.

Edited by yansuki

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

she's not negating citadel hit. her citadel(engine) are oddly places so hitting her dead center won't score citadel. its better to hit her citadel under her guns.

no longer the case, Cleveland can be normally citadeled from her dead cente since several patches ago, you just have to aim it low

While I fully understand what you're saying, the damage result now after this patch that put these ribbons in are far different than the damage results before the patch. This should not be the case. In my replay I uploaded to WoWSReplay in my Nikolai that was made into a video shows this. A viewer commented on how I had a full penetration hit and no damage on a full HP Myogi. I was a bit perplexed by that myself when it happened.

I believe I kinda explained it on that video, but there is a forum thread that explained it way better than me.

345 posts
3,663 battles

I already know about that, my post was meant to be a joke

783 posts
4,819 battles

A viewer commented on how I had a full penetration hit and no damage on a full HP Myogi. I was a bit perplexed by that myself when it happened.

Other than a bug, the only thing that could've happened that made that is a full damage soak of the turret of your penetrating hit. Both are plausible, just by going by how this thread goes.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Lol those Myokos citadel as easy as the standard ones.

Hell in a game just before i got 4 citadels in a kirov vs one that went broadside at 10km to me. I love seeing these ships show their side, they are that easy to pen.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Lol those Myokos citadel as easy as the standard ones.

Hell in a game just before i got 4 citadels in a kirov vs one that went broadside at 10km to me. I love seeing these ships show their side, they are that easy to pen.

Please test with a BB. I'm not talking about cruiser vs cruiser.

Most of the issues are actually BB trying to nuke the myoko. Maybe its really overpenning that much. Most if not all the shots.

I'll keep playing the amagi tonight and test it out more. I'm intending to nuke a arp myoko tonight or any myoko. LOL.