You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

If you have $40

If you have $40   

32 members have voted

1. 1. If you have $40, will you go for

• Dunkerque
    • Warspit

37 comments in this topic

1,162 posts

Warspite:
+ Big guns that is blessed by the queen
+ Turning circle that will humiliated destroyer

+ GUNS GUNS AND MORE GUNS

+ Have a shipgirl form

Dunkerque:

- Not released yet

- Lost 50% firepower if one turret down

- lolwutarmour?

- Fire[bleeep]magnet due to the sheer size

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

warspite is the lol pen of tier 6.

has best healing among existing ship (i heard that she can even recover some citadel damage)

thigh turning circle

good aa

good secondaries

guns are very accurate

con's

turret needs WD40

can easily penetrated by bb even if angled

takes some time for engine to reach max speed

19 posts
2,210 battles

IMO , save some more for Tirpizt if you like BB and you like playing Aggressively  :)

Tirpizt has eburi thing u need : Guns are good ( both main & secondaries ) , Solid armor , Very acceptable AA ,  and she even has Torpedoes .... 
Anyway i prefer Warspite due to her's sniper rifles. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

If you have $40, which one will you choose?

One of these:

• Baconwatch
  • SerBest Dungeon
  • Bottleflood 1 (When it's out)
  • MOODy
  • Renowned Pâtissiers: International Bakery
  • Guild of Torpedeering

Some would require a bit of additional saving and there's prolly more good suggestions on where to put one's money.

507 posts
9,826 battles

Might as well wait for Dunkerque's release and then decide, Warspite is gonna be there anytime for you to buy.

19 posts
2,210 battles

I dont really like Dunkerque much ... i mean even the guns locations are both on the bow , still have 8 Rifles - 2x4 , Front armour is un-penable for ships which at tier 6 and bellow ( including BBs ). Based on the fact that rolling on an tier 6 ship usually result an under-tiered game , Dunkerque is worser than Warspite due to it "play mechanic"

You now can not face to face ( literally ) with others T7-8 BBs ... so Warspite is a better choice IMO

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

But say what? When i asked mah friend which should i buy - Atago or Lolanta .. They said " Why not both"? :)

Well, if you have a friend who pays for your ships then why the hell not?

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

IMO , save some more for Tirpizt if you like BB and you like playing Aggressively  :)

Tirpizt has eburi thing u need : Guns are good ( both main & secondaries ) , Solid armor , Very acceptable AA ,  and she even has Torpedoes .... 

Anyway i prefer Warspite due to her's sniper rifles. 

Tirpitz guns are good??

e.e I beg to differ. Tier for tier or when up tiered, they are mediocre at best.

19 posts
2,210 battles

Tirpitz guns are good??

e.e I beg to differ. Tier for tier or when up tiered, they are mediocre at best.

I think they're good tho . German AP is very good ( maybe the best AP in game? ) , so even her's guns are lower caliber ( 380 to 403~410) , you can still penetrate almost everything ( maybe if they angled , you still can pen them due to RNGesus )

Secondariers are good . IMO , riding Tirpitz means you play as an Oversize Heavy Cruiser combine with Destroyers routine ( CQB plays ) so all potential damage of the ship can be used ( Main , 2ndary , Torpedoes ).

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Id say the warspite. Good ship dmg and a good vessel to play BBs in. Secondary builds are also good for this ship.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

Tirpitz guns are good??

they are good, especially when hunting CAs, only thing that tirpitz CANT penn(reliably) is Montana for some strange reason, hitting a yamato that derps and broadside should rack in bout 10k dmg, or even citadel if you are lucky and he is turning

anyways, i have seen the reviews, and most of them are right, if the Dunkirk dont get buffed in some manner it is a POS, but it's french, so i'll get her

450 posts
7,896 battles

I think they're good tho . German AP is very good ( maybe the best AP in game? ) , so even her's guns are lower caliber ( 380 to 403~410) , you can still penetrate almost everything ( maybe if they angled , you still can pen them due to RNGesus )

Secondariers are good . IMO , riding Tirpitz means you play as an Oversize Heavy Cruiser combine with Destroyers routine ( CQB plays ) so all potential damage of the ship can be used ( Main , 2ndary , Torpedoes ).

Are the main guns accurate?

I tried it out in the test server. At 18km, the spread is terrible.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles

For years I have used the "Bourbon Scale" to rate my discretionary purchases. Would product X give me as much satisfaction as the equivalent spend on Bourbon.

Looking at both these, I'd go for a bottle of bourbon thanks. warspite looks tempting, but it sees T8 and I'm too crap a player to be able to manage its range handicap there.

So, add an option for a bottle of bourbon thanks.

19 posts
2,210 battles

Are the main guns accurate?

I tried it out in the test server. At 18km, the spread is terrible.

I think Tirpizt "long-range" build isn't good as " CQB" build ... so i suggest playing as an Oversize DD :) - Still good becuz at Close Range : 

+ No 1 can dodge your high velocity bullets

+ Secondaries are powerfull

+ Show your opponent which is an "Oversize DD" With your 64 knots 6km range ( 64 knots or 62 idk well ) 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Tirpitz guns are good??

-Agreed, Dudpitz AP is only effective at 5kms range and closer, so literally the small calibre MAIN GUNS are secondaries when you want to use AP.

-If you want a slow reloading heavily armoured cruiser to spam HE, again, SLOWLY, then get something that's NOT a tier 8 BB that sees tier 10 battles and YAMATOS a lot of the time.

-Dudpitz AA is also pretty weak and useless vs tier 9 or 10 planes, so yeah nuff said there.

-And Dudpitz is a magnet to enemy fire, so once your spotted, you WILL have a minimum of 3 ships attacking you at once, your heavy armour MAY keep you alive for a 2 minute window.

-The 2 minute window rapidly closes if a Yamato gets a bearing on you, from the 26km range IT can attack you from.

-And yes, I'm the one guy who got hit for 3 citadels by a Yamato in one salvo from more than 20kms range. So small citadels mean very little vs Yamatos.

-Congrats, there's a NEW tier 10 BB coming. extra chance to ruin your dudpitz.

-And I hear French are next, then maybe one day, oh I don't know, the biggest most important navy ever known might be in the game. But that's a big MAYBE. probably after the Polish and Taiwanese navies. And the guy paddling the kayak with a blowpipe from the amazon rain forest whose representation is unpronounceable. I understand his AA is unbelievable. But still barely sub par of the IJN at same tier.