You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Team Killing and Lost XP

9 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,442 battles

Is there any compensation for lost XP when your Team Killed?

I was in my Kiev, went into a cap with another "friendly" :) DD and he turns across alongside, crosses behind and drops a full 3 torps into me, I haven't fired a shot, I'm gone, team won the match, was my first win so I get 300xp thanks to the bonus for XP wooo hooo.

Checking back on the team list he made a whole 800plus XP so gosh amazing player, probably torped himself, BUT he made more then ME and he killed a team member.

So why was there no earth shattering KABOOM, right after I died? Shouldn't he have died? It is possible that I was killed by the incoming fire that was dropping on us at that time, perhaps that's why?

This feels unfair, I mean I got team killed, again no big surprise considering the play nice attitude some of you have and all :) But he profited more then I did.

Am I supposed to kill my team and let the lord sort it out?

At the end of the game shouldn't he be worse of then anyone else in the team? 

Would it be just more whine on my part to suggest that if 80% or more of your damage occurs due to friendly fire you don't lose your first win bonus? Just a thought, I know team killing happens, sometimes its even an accident hehe. 

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Yes there is an XP & credits compensation but it is very meagre to ensure people don't deliberately attempt to profit from driving in front of friendly torpedoes.

You said you had shells fired at you at that time so it's possible the friendly fired the torps without considering hitting a friendly, the battle summary should've had all the information about whether you were shot & killed by friend or foe.

WG won't reward players from losing their 1st game bonus because a player might have the opportunity to suicide by friendly fire in an effort to get a better result in a consecutive game. So it sucks but them's the breaks.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,442 battles

Yea fair enough, the friendly dd didn't get the kill, it was incoming fire a second or so after, I can see the 3 torps hit me, just under 10k damage flash up then the enemy fire strikes and finishes me off. 

The friendly DD fired the torps from so close I thought they may not arm, he dropped 3 in front and 3 right into me, he had circled so close to me he almost rammed me, so it wasn't like he couldn't see me hehe. 

I really feel that if you do so much damage to someone in your team you should receive the repair bill, which you do, and then nothing else for that match.

Say 5k damage to any friendly and you get nadda for the match, apart form the repair costs to their AND your ship. I wouldn't tell people the figure I'd set it probably based on ship class, size and tier and then let them find out AFTER the match. 

That way people might be a bit more careful in how they play, as it stands people don't really care to much about friendly fire as the penalty is very hollow. I just watched a Youtube Vid from Aerroon using the Dunkerque, they had a kamikaze team killer torping a friendly BB at the start, all on screen for anyone to see, he sunk the friendly BB with torps and sailed off to suicide to enemy ships, at the end he had less xp then anyone else but he still got some XP, why not have it set to zero if you team kill? Perhaps there IS a further penalty if you get the kill shot on a friendly, kinda hard to test :)

That said, yea its going to keep happening, at least my friendly's was idiocy and poor play not intentional team killing, the loss of XP is like big deal but annoying when you see he did better then you from that game. 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Idk your exact scenario, but people should be useing torps after checking the surroundings, and people should not dance in front of a ship that might have an opportunity to use their torps. Both are equally stupid.

563 posts
4,686 battles

What could've been better than an IJN cruiser throw fishes to the cap while it's still being contested 

Edited by Admiral_Turing

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

What could've been better than an IJN cruiser throw fishes to the cap while it's still being contested 

much worst is an IJN cruiser launch her fishes at target 15km while her allies dd at the front are engaging it.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Out of 2,500 battles I've had 2 go bad, that's pretty good even in normal life where every second day I get some sort of s...... happen

The first one the guy fires at me, I fired back, I then let him destroy me (sort of backward fun) (still have the replay so I can go hate on him every now and then :) )

The second I've just forgotten all about

Maybe a couple of games where a DD was on my highside and let loose, my chat is always "carefull shoot underneath us".

It's so far from being an epidemic within the game to be almost not noticeable.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,442 battles

Me in my Kiev and a ally Mutski entered a cap together very close to one another, I kept going forward, he swung out around to the right then hard back in behind me and dropped torps, one spread directly in front and the next straight into me, I had no where to go, I hadn't changed course, as I said it was so close I hoped they wouldn't have time to arm, they did. At that time he and I were the only ones in the cap, we had enemy cruisers incoming and were spotted, so yes launch torps at them by all means but not through your allies ships :) But that's not the point. 

The point isn't OMG I was shot by a team mate, its, he made more XP then I did and he basically killed me, I feel that might need looking at as I don't believe the mechanic should work that way.

If you damage a team member to that extent you shouldn't get XP from the match otherwise what's the worry if you badly damage a few team mates?

If you feel friendly fire is so rare as to be unnoticeable, you may be colour blind as there are pink people in almost every team every game, often 2 of them.

It's so common because there isn't much of a penalty for friendly fire, you can nuke someone and still go on to get XP and credits from the match and until there is a proper penalty people will continue to do whatever, and not worry if they hit you.      

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Start of the match and our Myoko dumped torps. There goes my benson. My div mate killed him when he had like 100ish HP left lol. That was before the TK patch