You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aniket_Sengupta

System freeze on exit after Win10 AU

5 comments in this topic

181 posts
4,257 battles

Issue:   My system freezes to a response less black screen after exiting World of Warships

Screenshots: -/-
Ship: -/-
Map: -/-
Occurrenceseverytime
Tested: Yes reproduces every time I exit the client in full screen
Severity: The sheer hassle of switching to window mode before exiting World of Warships and subsequent switching to fullscreen before starting a game has taken a toll on my interest to play the game.
Details: 

Game version 0.5.9.1

This problem of exiting to black screen in fullscreen mode started occurring only after installing the Windows 10 anniversary update prior to which everything ran smoothly. I'm having no issues playing a match. I tried checking game file integrity from the support tab and it keeps downloading two files one sized 1.5MB and another 5.4MB every time I run the integrity check. I tried removing engineconfig and preferences files so the game downloads the default ones. Still no luck fixing this particular issue. I guess the client is not yet compatible with the anniversary update. Hope this issue is fixed as soon as possible.

Edited by Aniket_Sengupta

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

This just started happening to me after the last update, before this update it never occurred..   

Issue:   My system also freezes to a black screen after exiting World of Warships

Screenshots: -/-
Occurrences:  everytime
Tested: Yes reproduces every time I exit the client in full screen
Severity: if I forget to alt tab out n kill the game then I have to reset.. 
Details: 

Game version: 0.5.10

178 posts
3,793 battles

My system has been crashing on game exit since the beginning of the week.  The only updates I have done have been auto updates for win 10.

Issue:   System freezes, Monitor goes to 4/5 black screen with a blue bar at top, USB keyboard drops out

Screenshots: -/-
Occurrences:  everytime
Tested: Yes, every time I play the game over the past 4 days
Severity: System restart needed after every occurrence  
Details: 

Game version: 0.5.09/0.5.10

Edit*  Full screen window mode has saved my PC from freezing

Edited by Rear_Admiral_Sir_Dr_Pain