Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Where is torp reload booster?

16 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

It's available for Hatsuharu and Kagero other ships still not available (Sorry neither I know)

Ah ok thanks, seems a pointless reward during the current DD event if only 2 ships benefit from it though.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Even worse, only one ship truly benefits from it - hatsu, to earn more damage and hence exp to the fubuki before it gets spotted and sent to the bottom without its smoke

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

An IJN Naval Architect must have drank too much saki on the day he decided to place winch motors exactly where the smoke generators are. 

403 posts
8,196 battles

I feel they are not bad on the Kagero. It's an alternative to a 1min45s torpedo reload speed, on a ship that feels like a downgrade from the Fubuki

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They should seperate it from smoke and give it to all IJN DD start from Mutsuki

The consumable reload make it unworthy to replace the smoke

Edited by Harpoon01

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

They should seperate it from smoke and give it to all IJN DD start from Mutsuki

The consumable reload make it unworthy to replace the smoke

Aye.

Put it in the same slot as speed boosts.

The fact that IJN DDs have a lower average damage and WR server-side mean that their performance is lacking.

The only times it won out compared to ships at her tier was T8, where Tashkent and Lo Yang had comparatively lower average server performance.

403 posts
8,196 battles

Aye.

Put it in the same slot as speed boosts.

The fact that IJN DDs have a lower average damage and WR server-side mean that their performance is lacking.

The only times it won out compared to ships at her tier was T8, where Tashkent and Lo Yang had comparatively lower average server performance.

But IJN dds are torpedo-specialized, with only Fubuki having usable guns. We know how WG does not want torp walls anymore, so it is unlikely they will be buffed without losing their flavour. Or maybe it's because scrubs like me use it alot.

And Fubuki and Shima with reload acceleration sounds overpowered

Edited by 27000ants

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

But IJN dds are torpedo-specialized, with only Fubuki having usable guns. We know how WG does not want torp walls anymore, so it is unlikely they will be buffed without losing their flavour. Or maybe it's because scrubs like me use it alot.

And Fubuki and Shima with reload acceleration sounds overpowered

Kagero and Shimakaze have the same guns as Fubuki, Hatsuharu also has the same guns, but with one less turret.

Fletcher is both an excellent torpedo and gunboat compared to Kagero, Gearing has decent torpedo loadouts, but far superior gun/AA stats. This is not accounting for Fubuki/Kagero's cruiser-speed at 35kt maximum base.

Hatsuharu and Mutsuki suffer from 2x3 torpedo configurations that make them unfavorable for fishing with torpedoes.

---

In my experience, even though they're supposedly torpedo boats, my Hatsuharu and Fubuki's guns are literally my only reliable source of damage.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

there is 3 type of 127mm guns that used in IJN DD

hatsuharu/fubuki 2nd gun is same. they are dual purposes gun (26s turn rate/9 sec reload)

fubuki stok/kagero use same gun. not dual purposes and turn slower (30sec turn rate/9 sec reload)

shima use different guns. dual purposes with same turn rate like hatsu/fubuki 2nd. but reload a lil bit faster (26s turn rate/7 sec reload)

they all fire same shell tough.

almighty 127mm IJN Shell. 

TBH, IJN 127mm shell is very good.. much better than USN 127mm shell.

they hit hard, hit fast.

its just. IJN guns turrets suck :(. slow reload slow turn

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Seems no one can explain why IJN DD have lowest damage in high tier statistic despite being torpedo ship that target capital ship with up 5 times of their own hp

Or rather everyone hate torpedo boat

Sign in to follow this