Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Concealment Expert vs Advance Firing Training for Cleveland

Captain skills  

24 members have voted

1. 1. AFT vs CE

• Advance Firing Training
    • Concealment Expert

11 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hello all, I want to ask you all a question related to the Cleveland captain skills. I currently have Basic Firing Training, Expert Marksman, Superintendent and Demolition Expert. I am wondering if I should take Advance Firing training or Concealment expert. I want to get AFT because it's a Cleveland. 7.2km range for your AA gun is amazing. On the flip side, concealment expert would be really useful because the closer I can get to my enemy, the easier it will be to hit my shots. 

I really am clueless as to what to pick because both of them are excellent skills. Which one do you all suggest ?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

cleveland guns are really bad at longer range, but if you manage to close the distance they are quite effective. specially against lighter target like cruiser and destroyer. she already has great AA for her tier and there's rarely CV around anymore so go for Concealment.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Myself, I'd go AA. 

If a ship is good on a particular ability, max out on it and watch those planes go swimming.

And one day, the Cvs will return....

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

For now with low CV population, go for Concealment.

However, if CV were to regain their supremacy, go for AFT.

I don't know why did you pick Superintendent over Vigilance on a Cleveland though, it's not like tier9-10 CA or an Atago with heal.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I made a mistake during the skill reset event a few months ago and I spent 100 doubloons for other captains and equipments recently. Apparently we will be getting new captain skills later this year/ earlier next year which mean free skills reset and I can change it when the update happens. Apparently most skills are being neglected so War Gaming had to do something.

Edited by silenthunter19944

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I'd say it depends what you want to use Cleveland for....if you want to be more aggressive then DE and CE sure. If you want to act as a support ship then AFT and DE, but that's not to say you cant be aggressive with an AA build....I do it a lot of the time with my AA built Cleveland.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Even without AA build

CV players will still avoid you

Mmmm,I think the CV player I was against the other night didn't get the memo,13 plane kills in a few minutes!

Oh,and after a couple of recent battles,AFT with secondary upgrade module works real well.Got 'Close Quarters Expert' off a Konigsberg that strayed to close in on battle!

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,499 battles

Even without AA build

CV players will still avoid you

CE because of this. Combined with a lack of CVs, I took AFT off my Cleveland a long time ago. I'm a big fan of specing my captain skills where to possible to be ones I will use every game.

Sign in to follow this