Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
finnyfin

warspite

49 comments in this topic

28 posts
2,344 battles

just curious to see what everyones thoughts are on the range of the warspites guns? personally i think they are pretty lacking when it gets chucked up into a tier 8 game and you are outranged by basically everyone for the majority of the game while slowing burning to death. your thoughts?

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

just curious to see what everyones thoughts are on the range of the warspites guns? personally i think they are pretty lacking when it gets chucked up into a tier 8 game and you are outranged by basically everyone for the majority of the game while slowing burning to death. your thoughts?

Same reply as the other "Mogami needs range buff" thread.

Think about the situations when Warspite is not at Tier 8, Warspite guns are already OP for T6.

266 posts
5,142 battles

I never found Warspite's range lacking. IMO battleships don't need that much range in the first place.

Usually I use the spotter plane to give me more range in the case when I really need it.

And as icy said, Warspite guns are very strong already. It's like a Yamato at T6.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Think about the situations when Warspite is not at Tier 8, Warspite guns are already OP for T6.

not really , when she goes up against fuso , and new mexico she is undergunned 

450 posts
7,896 battles

not really , when she goes up against fuso , and new mexico she is undergunned 

but the guns are bigger, also more accurate

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The guns overmatches other T6 armor is what I meant.

"oh, you are trying to angling a bit when firing? how cute..."

28 posts
2,344 battles

i wouldnt say they are OP for its tier. sure biggest guns for that tier but the turret turn time balances them pretty well and ever present RNG saying no seems to do the trick but on those odd occasions when your salvos hit for citadels most times then you can see the true potential :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

One thing for sure, her armor compared to the other tier 6 BBs is crap. She's easily penetrated as if she was armored like a German t5/6 cruiser. And anyone smoking onboard will destroy the ship too.

231 posts
3,548 battles

guns are overpowered @ T6 , armors fine when using angling right , she easily beats fuso , but if fuso gets out of range its game over 

pop out the spotter plane to get into everyones faces , because everyone knows her guns are 15klm , but shes very accurate to 20klm , thats her big plus :)

575 posts
5,354 battles

Eurobeat has something for people having trouble with Warpshite

While I appreciate his videos, they are just that, a compilations of edited videos to get a certain point across.

The fact is the Warspite has the worst survival rate of all the tier 6 BBs. There is no disputing this, the statistics are there for everyone to see. She is easily citadeled through the bow now where she was not when first released. You can angle her and perhaps have some success, but against a New Mexico, Arizona, or Fuso, she will suffer major penetrations at almost any angle presented towards those ships. The fact that a single HE shell will set this ship ablaze time after time after time even makes this worst. You can manage your damage control and repair part all you want. However, once you use that repair party with its 5 second up time, Warspite will be set ablaze again for 45 seconds or more by multiple fires. Now players want whitewash this ship as something amazing because it has 15 inch guns and low dispersion for better accuracy. If she does not have the durability to last through less than half the battle, she is a mediocre ship compared to the other same tier BBs. Anyone can make videos to make this ship look like it is special and the best, it still does not over come her abysmal survivability performance and inability to withstand incoming AP and HE fire. Warspite is supposed to be a brawler; however, compared to the New Mexico or the Arizona, she fails miserably. One thing for sure, she is indicative of what the British BBs will be like when they are finally launched. That will be a line I won't bother with.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

She have her hull fixed and get deeper than before

Previously her waterline is exposed and quite easy to penetrate at that part

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

While I appreciate his videos, they are just that, a compilations of edited videos to get a certain point across.

The fact is the Warspite has the worst survival rate of all the tier 6 BBs. There is no disputing this, the statistics are there for everyone to see. She is easily citadeled through the bow now where she was not when first released. You can angle her and perhaps have some success, but against a New Mexico, Arizona, or Fuso, she will suffer major penetrations at almost any angle presented towards those ships. The fact that a single HE shell will set this ship ablaze time after time after time even makes this worst. You can manage your damage control and repair part all you want. However, once you use that repair party with its 5 second up time, Warspite will be set ablaze again for 45 seconds or more by multiple fires. Now players want whitewash this ship as something amazing because it has 15 inch guns and low dispersion for better accuracy. If she does not have the durability to last through less than half the battle, she is a mediocre ship compared to the other same tier BBs. Anyone can make videos to make this ship look like it is special and the best, it still does not over come her abysmal survivability performance and inability to withstand incoming AP and HE fire. Warspite is supposed to be a brawler; however, compared to the New Mexico or the Arizona, she fails miserably. One thing for sure, she is indicative of what the British BBs will be like when they are finally launched. That will be a line I won't bother with.

watch flamu play his warspite...

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Warspite has a higher skill ceiling compared to other BBs of the same tier as it has to maximize the use of WASD hax and its super tight turning radius in order to survive, which i'm pretty sure many Warspite driver doesn't realize because they're too busy with its glacial turret traverse.. Oh, and my Warspite stats says hi:

LtHRDLg.png

Honestly if you keep pointing out the ship's weaknesses, you ain't getting anywhere, ever..

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Warspite has a higher skill ceiling compared to other BBs of the same tier as it has to maximize the use of WASD hax and its super tight turning radius in order to survive, which i'm pretty sure many Warspite driver doesn't realize because they're too busy with its glacial turret traverse.. Oh, and my Warspite stats says hi:

LtHRDLg.png

Honestly if you keep pointing out the ship's weaknesses, you ain't getting anywhere, ever..

is it recommended to uses turret Traverse module over accuracy to metigate some of her disadvantages or just go accuracy to further increase her advantages?

i heard from flamu that warspite has the best damage repair ability too.

266 posts
5,142 battles

Well, I agree with you about the unreliable armor. Even a kongo can put 10k+ volley on me when I'm severely angled. The waterline height fix from last patch doesn't seem to help much either.

But I don't think warspite is supposed to be a brawler. She has good accuracy but horrid turret traverse, not to mention her armor. That's not the definition of a brawler. I usually play my warspite a bit further back together with the cruisers, and letting the tougher BBs take the lead. Because of the turret traverse, it's better to just turn the ship instead of waiting for the turret crew to finish their tea. So as eurobeat says, use WASD often because with that tight turning circle you will be able to throw off enemy's aim quite often.

And I also recommend this. Flamu plays his warspite very often in his stream, and he's almost always pitted against T8 for some reason. But he still comes out on top anyway. :D

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Well, it is not as durable as New Mex, but this thread is a question about range buff, and that is still a NOPE. I actually don't bother with any buff or nerf really. I'm fine with WG doing anything. If I don't like a ship, I just don't play it.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

In fairness, you could put Flamu in a leaky bathtub armed with an air pistol and he'd still take down a Yamato 1 on 1. Okay a slight exaggeration, but he can make any bad ship look playable! Note I am not saying the Warspite is bad.....
Edited by j0e90

575 posts
5,354 battles

LtHRDLg.png

Well isn't that just special. It does not take away from the fact it has the worst survivability factor of all tier 6 battleships. How you going to spin that? That you and the other Uni's are god's gift to Warspite play while the rest of us scrub must burn in hell?

Get off you damned high horse and look at the truth. The Warspite does not hold up against other BBs, period. You refuse to acknowledge the truth of this is your problem. The problem it is by far the easiest BB to penetrate from any angle and explodes into flames from the smallest HE round used in the game is a problem. I don't care how good you, you cannot whitewash the truth the stats reveal of this ship. So continue manipulating your videos to show good this mediocre ship is all you want. It is still a mediocre ship compared to the New Mexico and Arizona when it comes to being a brawler and having crap durability.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Well isn't that just special. It does not take away from the fact it has the worst survivability factor of all tier 6 battleships. How you going to spin that? That you and the other Uni's are god's gift to Warspite play while the rest of us scrub must burn in hell?

Get off you damned high horse and look at the truth. The Warspite does not hold up against other BBs, period. You refuse to acknowledge the truth of this is your problem. The problem it is by far the easiest BB to penetrate from any angle and explodes into flames from the smallest HE round used in the game is a problem. I don't care how good you, you cannot whitewash the truth the stats reveal of this ship. So continue manipulating your videos to show good this mediocre ship is all you want. It is still a mediocre ship compared to the New Mexico and Arizona when it comes to being a brawler and having crap durability.

I already put out words that the key of mitigating damage on the Warspite is to mash the WASD keys, which i'm pretty sure all of you have it available on the keyboard.. How is it not understandable?

I'm showing people that if i can make the ship work, the rest of the players can too.. If you prefer not to, or if its not aligned with how you play then fine, i won't argue about it.

If you think the ship is still underwhelming and needs more durability then go vent about it in the Suggestions section, because i'm fine with the Warspite as it currently is.

By the way I would welcome any further buffs to the Warspite because it would make the good players even better (case to point: Atago

is it recommended to uses turret Traverse module over accuracy to metigate some of her disadvantages or just go accuracy to further increase her advantages?

i heard from flamu that warspite has the best damage repair ability too.

Both modules are toss-up but i personally take the Aiming System for extra accuracy and its bonuses because i had no issues with its unlubricated turrets, so try both and see which one fits yours

Yes Warspite can heal more than other BB, you could heal up to 1/4 of your total HP

Edited by Eurobeat

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Both modules are toss-up but i personally take the Aiming System for extra accuracy and its bonuses because i had no issues with its unlubricated turrets, so try both and see which one fits yours

Yes Warspite can heal more than other BB, you could heal up to 1/4 of your total HP

thanks. planning to buy her once i brought scharnhorst.

Sign in to follow this