You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

Can you guys please do something to make Independence better

32 comments in this topic

348 posts

The Independence rely on bombs to work but The game never seems to let the bomb hit

Air supremacy load out has equal amount of fighters to rujyo but rujyo keeps it's ability to do damage

Strike load out Rujyo better like all japanese carriers

Rujyo also enjoys more aircraft

Plus I know Rujyo os spelt wrong how do you spell it

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,173 battles

Stop at Indy. It will only get worse TBH. DB RNG means USN CVs are inconsistent.

Also, don't take AS loadout. The Bogue should have been a good demonstration of how useless it is.

14 posts
3,682 battles

Actually...I think WG should just forget about making the USN and IJN CV have their own point and make them both more in line with each other and both to be just as versatile as the other. I also believe people don't pick which side of CVs they play in based on what load outs they have and what side does better in but simply because of...the nation. Both AS and strike load outs just as good as the other on both IJN and US line. Just a suggestion, I think this would improve the user experience for all who play the CV line.

One thing I noticed WG did to try and balance them out is giving more exp points for shooting down planes though. I get more exp now for shooting down planes even though I didn't do as much damage as I do on those battles as compared to before. But of course there's not as much fun in shooting down planes as there is in seeing those blue ribbons and ships burning. :trollface:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Stop at Indy. It will only get worse TBH. DB RNG means USN CVs are inconsistent.

Also, don't take AS loadout. The Bogue should have been a good demonstration of how useless it is.

Actually, it's best to stop at the Langley because anything comes after that (bar tier9-10 but are debatable) are underwhelming.

Well, except Saipan, but it's premium.

168 posts
5,855 battles

Sometimes I will just run stock load out instead.

You still get more fighters than a Ryujo with strike load out, and a squadron of TBs.

I don't think I even bought the DB load out for Indy.

435 posts
6,221 battles

I’ve too have stalled in the Independence.

Both Ryujo and Independence fighters have got 30-40 knots over the Independence TBs and DBs and can be chase down from anywhere within the centre of the map, useless. Once you’re won the air supremacy battle your one squadron of DB dps is pathetic, again useless.

With AS loadout the DB needs to be swap out and replace with TB or at lease have that option

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,173 battles

just use it like your in the bogue .....

Do that and you will get stomped. Ryujo can outdamage 111 Indy easily or shut it down with the 311 loadout. The Indy is the objectively worse CV at T6 IMO.

348 posts

Why were the US carriers nerfed so badly?

They used to have AP bombs which would have been so good to compensate for the fact there is only 1 TB squad.They used to have 2 Torpedo squadrons which was OP so that's understandable and USS Midway used to have F2H Banshees - is there any chance of F2Hs being added again?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

Since I have no motivation to educate people on "How to Aerial Superiority", I'll just stick to what I can do best.

Ryūjō (Ryuujou)

Fixed

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,173 battles

IJN fanboys whine at everything so almost all US ships are underwhelming 

That's odd, I recall tirpitzes and a lot of other BBs complaining about 122 Midway. I also hear 0 complaints about US cruisers apart from pre-nerf Cleveland.

82 posts
3,230 battles

If I were you, switch to IJN CV as soon as possible... so hard to grind XP if we (USN CV PLAYERS) always rely on strike that give small amount of XP

In Wargaming, the more damage you get, the more XP you earn, that's why USN CV is out ..... it is so unfair

Edited by Commander_GALEN

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

That's odd, I recall tirpitzes and a lot of other BBs complaining about 122 Midway. I also hear 0 complaints about US cruisers apart from pre-nerf Cleveland.

Well

Old overpowered Kongo. It got nerfed: Waahhhhhh it was balanced

Old overpowered Minekaze. Nerfed: Waaaahhh it was the best ship destroyer in world war 2

Old Yamato, still overpowered. 25% heal; oh it is balanced. Nerfed: waaaah how do you dare nerf the Yamato

Old Mogami: nerfed: waaaah, it was balanced

War Gaming release 1 viable US aircraft carrier: Waaaaah it's overpowered

Get killed by a strike US aircraft carrier (only thing they are good at) Waaaaaaah US overpowered 

Basically the IJN fanboys gave the finger to every other non IJN ship 

Edited by silenthunter19944

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Well

Old overpowered Kongo. It got nerfed: Waahhhhhh it was balanced

Old overpowered Minekaze. Nerfed: Waaaahhh it was the best ship destroyer in world war 2

Old Yamato, still overpowered. 25% heal; oh it is balanced. Nerfed: waaaah how do you dare nerf the Yamato

Old Mogami: nerfed: waaaah, it was balanced

War Gaming release 1 viable US aircraft carrier: Waaaaah it's overpowered

Get killed by a strike US aircraft carrier (only thing they are good at) Waaaaaaah US overpowered 

Basically the IJN fanboys gave the finger to every other non IJN ship 

Argumentum ad Populum, you make a lovely example.

---

OP, if you can't bear with it, free exp it.

Else, be more conservative with your strikes and more self-aware of the enemy's bombers and fighters to prevent 'surprises'.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Argumentum ad Populum, you make a lovely example.

---

OP, if you can't bear with it, free exp it.

Else, be more conservative with your strikes and more self-aware of the enemy's bombers and fighters to prevent 'surprises'.

Indy was a bad ship. The best way to use it is to get good with balance

507 posts
9,829 battles

Why were the F2H and jets on Hakuryu removed in the first place?

F2Hs were on Midway

What'd i say?