Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Molcantictac

Surviving through the whole fight

27 comments in this topic

81 posts
2,924 battles

So i tried checking my stats at warships today and found out that i have a very horrible survival %

as a battleship main, i think thats a problem

Friend told that it was caused by yoloing and it would hurt my k/d ratio

I dont really care about the stats, but i think my overall playstyle is at fault

-well, cause i really do just charge if the opportunity present itself, and i am actually getting ready for an attempt to ram if the enemy cant die fast enough cause my ship is my largest shell.

what worries me is that at higher tiers (which im about to get to shortly) the repair cost will be colossal and so now im thinking ill go change that and go sniping (ill push ofcourse)

Should i really make an effort on trying to survive?snipe and avoid damage as much as possible and aim to live the whole fight? Cause i do like taking hits, one gun aiming at me is one less gun pointing at my team. and aiming is a bliss at 7km

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Should i really make an effort on trying to survive?snipe and avoid damage as much as possible and aim to live the whole fight? Cause i do like taking hits, one gun aiming at me is one less gun pointing at my team. and aiming is a bliss at 7km

You survive longer you dealing more damage, but that not mean you camp behind at the base and snipe at 20km, you need to be in front taking damage for the team as a big fat HP poll and then observe the situation of the battlefield, team push u push team fall back u fall back.

And dont forget to retreat when you running low on HP tell ur team that you going to fall back and healing so no one ended up being victim instead of you then when you done healing you taking the point and tanking damage for team again.

The key of survival in BB is to not get focus fire too much, not sitting duck, maneuver around with difference speed then keep rack-up the damage when possible but staying alive to always be in the front and helping teammate.

Well in reality everyone gotta yolo time to time but make sure if you yolo you drag one or two worthy enemy with you :D:D:D 

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

You survive longer you dealing more damage, but that not mean you camp behind at the base and snipe at 20km, you need to be in front taking damage for the team as a big fat HP poll and then observe the situation of the battlefield, team push u push team fall back u fall back.

And dont forget to retreat when you running low on HP tell ur team that you going to fall back and healing so no one ended up being victim instead of you then when you done healing you taking the point and tanking damage for team again.

The key of survival in BB is to not get focus fire too much, not sitting duck, maneuver around with difference speed then keep rack-up the damage when possible but staying alive to always be in the front and helping teammate.

Well in reality everyone gotta yolo time to time but make sure if you yolo you drag one or two worthy enemy with you :D:D:D 

Story of my every Colorado game :'( 

If I survive it is either a Dreadnought or a Fireproof :D

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i have a game where all of the destroyer and cruiser sink on my team sink, while all the battleship are still on health HP. gee i wonder why?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Story of my every Colorado game :'( 

If I survive it is either a Dreadnought or a Fireproof :D

lel same. but most of the time i sink because suddenly all of my allies are either KIA or MIA. specially the battleship who don't wanted their paint get scratched.

out of 51 games, i only manage to survive 19 times.

81 posts
2,924 battles

Oh thanks for the advice Melon. i should try it some time, retreating. based on what you guys said battleship hp seem to be a waste if isnt damaged. if you look it that way, yoloing seems reasonable. and tanking raises the morale of cowards behind me

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

lel same. but most of the time i sink because suddenly all of my allies are either KIA or MIA. specially the battleship who don't wanted their paint get scratched.

out of 51 games, i only manage to survive 19 times.

Mine is a bit more than that. The thing is, Cruisers are the main problems Colorado faces early on, so to ensure the survivality, you have to focus down the cruisers asap. Right now I'm trying to increase the average damage to 70K, if that is even possible. Cause I am almost at NC and I will probably never play this thing ever.

9AD9nAm.jpg 

265 posts
799 battles

Lol my survivability doesn't even broke 40 in my 100 matches with New Mexico. :(

And I'm under the same illusion the OP is in. By being in front I hope it inspires the yellowbellied lilylivered barnacles in my team. Need to break free from that

Edited by adnadi

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

yoloing seems reasonable. and tanking raises the morale of cowards behind me

Try to deplete all the HP healing consumable before yoloing so you dont waste the potential HP u can tank :D:D:D

And dont expect to raises the morale to anyone they just going to blame at you when they losing such as "our BB so noob camping far behind" "our BB so noob yolo and die such a waste" "our BB so noob cannot hit anything" "our BB so noob get kill by CV" and the list go on :D:D:D

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i have a game where all of the destroyer and cruiser sink on my team sink, while all the battleship are still on health HP. gee i wonder why?

Blaming team all you want, i rather balme my incompetence to improve my gameplay. :D:D:D

Always ask my self what can i do more, what i can i do to make the difference, what is the best way to win this kind of battle :P

But yea when team suck too much just blame them so u feel better :trollface:

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

And dont expect to raises the morale to anyone they just going to blame at you when they losing such as "our BB so noob camping far behind" "our BB so noob yolo and die such a waste" "our BB so noob cannot hit anything" "our BB so noob get kill by CV" and the list go on :D:D:D

"Our BB so noob cannot carry the game" kek

Just don't give a shite to what cruisers and dds are telling you :P You are driving a Capital ship while they are the support ones ;)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Mine is a bit more than that. The thing is, Cruisers are the main problems Colorado faces early on, so to ensure the survivality, you have to focus down the cruisers asap. Right now I'm trying to increase the average damage to 70K, if that is even possible. Cause I am almost at NC and I will probably never play this thing ever.

i've been focusing cruiser because they are easier to dealt with but my rng don't like scoring great hit. maybe i should practice more since its been long since i focus on bb. i really wanted to play North carolina and Iowa.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i've been focusing cruiser because they are easier to dealt with but my rng don't like scoring great hit. maybe i should practice more since its been long since i focus on bb. i really wanted to play North carolina and Iowa.

Focus CA first because they easier to kill, better delete CA asap less enemy less problems :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Don't you know your team also takes part of your survival rate

if you are a brawler and your team all are pussy, then you won;t go anywhere except down

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Don't you know your team also takes part of your survival rate

if you are a brawler and your team all are pussy, then you won;t go anywhere except down

So, we formed a div of three brawler, today we charged so hard, game was over in like 12 minutes. (Syanda and Minifirefly)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

IJN BB line is the best atm.. USN kinda meh... 

the should be good if CV are around because they can get extra exp from planes and survive longer but alas, CV are dead because of constant unnecessary AA buff.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

the should be good if CV are around because they can get extra exp from planes and survive longer but alas, CV are dead because of constant unnecessary AA buff.

I will say that i love my USN BBs and massive AAA fire power.. but what the actual advantage USN BB have over IJN BBs ...

Kongo - super fast, long range, bigger gun

Fuso - faster than mex, long range, turn fast

Nagato father than lolorado, more accurate, more HP

Amagi super fast, more gun, more accurate

Izumo sucks

Yamato OP

poor USN BBs always get out gun :(

248 posts

you're thinking is good here.

surviving the battle is your first aim in a bb.

you can quite often steal the match at the end.

it is also better for your credits. you will earn ships faster.

but alas, along the way you will encounter many small minded beings who will tell you 

wander into the centre of fault line, or tell you to stop camping.

alas you must ignore these people. destroyer captains that have never played BB will be your worst source of advice.

yes sometimes your team will melt and you won't get a chance to win the game quite often, as you clean up the map of noobs

who are about to win, but get used to it. you will notice from ranks that BB's have very little control of the outcome of the game.

get used to this fact and you will start doing better much sooner. remember in a public server earning money is your only aim.

anything else is for vanity freaks and egomaniacs. 

learn to survive, and you will thrive.

you also get to kick ass while all the noobs spectate you,

and you can give them lessons by doing, not talking

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

you're thinking is good here.

surviving the battle is your first aim in a bb.

you can quite often steal the match at the end.

it is also better for your credits. you will earn ships faster.

but alas, along the way you will encounter many small minded beings who will tell you 

wander into the centre of fault line, or tell you to stop camping.

alas you must ignore these people. destroyer captains that have never played BB will be your worst source of advice.

yes sometimes your team will melt and you won't get a chance to win the game quite often, as you clean up the map of noobs

who are about to win, but get used to it. you will notice from ranks that BB's have very little control of the outcome of the game.

get used to this fact and you will start doing better much sooner. remember in a public server earning money is your only aim.

anything else is for vanity freaks and egomaniacs. 

learn to survive, and you will thrive.

you also get to kick ass while all the noobs spectate you,

and you can give them lessons by doing, not talking

Almost looked like a poem, till I started reading.

Ignoring teammates is a bad idea, and it is usually the CA players that write weird shits in chat. They do not support DDs, neither the support their BB or CVs.

Anyway, for battleships, there is a big difference between *surviving till the end* and *not taking a scratch on your virtual wife till the end*. I cannot stand the second class. Any ship that is full HP at 15 minutes and not a CV, and we are losing, then that's free "Plays Poorly" report for the guy. :trollface:

81 posts
2,924 battles

actually, im playing on a net cafe. time is literally gold for me so i began to think more games=more fun in that very limited time. so i always aim to die early but still contribute enough. i thought 2 short games with low dmg/xp was better than 1long very epic uber high dmg game. normally, destroyers can be good for this task but i like getting shot at. when i survive with more than 80% of my hp, ill just get depressed and regretful

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

actually, im playing on a net cafe. time is literally gold for me so i began to think more games=more fun in that very limited time. so i always aim to die early but still contribute enough. i thought 2 short games with low dmg/xp was better than 1long very epic uber high dmg game. normally, destroyers can be good for this task but i like getting shot at. when i survive with more than 80% of my hp, ill just get depressed and regretful

Bad idea, even though you may feel you have done your share of damage and have made a glorious sacrifice. Once you are sunk you no longer have any influence in the games outcome and are completely reliant on the skill of people you don't know to carry the match and there's no guarantee that the match will turn out in your favour.

What if you are the one leading the push on that flank and when you sink the other players become disheartened and cease to push. All it takes is to lose one player and the rest of the team can fold simply by playing the rest of the match defensively.

I don't understand the logic of your last sentence, if you survive with more than 80% of your HP shouldn't that mean you have a smaller repair bill? That's something to take pleasure in surely.

Sign in to follow this