Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

Should mogami get a range upgrade?

36 comments in this topic

[SB]
116 posts
13,747 battles

You know, comparing the Mogami to T9 and T10 ships (not including VMF and KM since they outrange Mogami and New Orleans from T5...), I can't see why Mogami deserves to get a free range increase:

Gun Fire Control System Module 2 cost: 3m credits

Baltimore w/o GFCSM2 Range: 15.8km

Ibuki w/o GFCSM2 Range: 16.5km

Des Moines w/o GFCSM2 Range: 15.8km

Zao w/o GFCSM2 Range: 16.2km

Also, ships that have access to the GFCSM2 also pay for the priveledge via increased repair costs.

Edited by Echo_8_ERA

[LYNMF]
1,083 posts
16,050 battles

dominate battleships? unless the battleship is a bloody kongo i dont see this domination over amagi and NC and these 2 are in the same tier

Alpha Tester
6,605 posts
2,887 battles

dominate battleships? unless the battleship is a bloody kongo i dont see this domination over amagi and NC and these 2 are in the same tier

nope, they still can

ASWD hax at that range is easy, especially when you actually can return fire

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
510 posts
12,107 battles

15 shells of 155 mm every 10 seconds are brutal even for Yamato, provided if you can find the cover or diversion to not letting yourself got focus fired. 

[LYNMF]
1,083 posts
16,050 battles

nope, they still can

ASWD hax at that range is easy, especially when you actually can return fire

it got decent manuevre but still it's not a destroyer, 15km easy meat for any T8 bb

15 shells of 155 mm every 10 seconds are brutal even for Yamato, provided if you can find the cover or diversion to not letting yourself got focus fired. 

the thing is this is very good support ship, but if team bb don't wana move forward its quite useless..sad to say most bb players in asia server rather just park and use their range

since every game im in my team prefer to park i play more as dd hunter and its damn effective

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,475 battles

Because of the recent changes, T5 got the biggest MM nerf. Which I like. Too much seal cubbing was going on there.

Erm, actually, the biggest nerf of the recent patch was to T6, not T5. Since 0.5.0.1(the first patch after launch) last year T3 BBs and DDs would have never met T5s. Seal clubbing this year with T5s has limited to clubbing T4s for the most, and this has not changed. As of last patch T6s, on the other hand, will never see T4s. 0.5.9 really hurt the weaker T6s(i.e. Mutsuki), since they will never get to fight T4s. Conversely, T4s dominators like Clemson become much stronger.

[LBAS]
Modder
5,616 posts
33,429 battles

Well, the Atago can do just fine in T10 with similar range, so I'd say range is not the issue.

But then again, Atago is better than Mogami in almost every aspect, and she has repair party. So a bit of buff (other than range) won't hurt, I guess...?

Its premium ship, no problem.

The most concerned is Turrets turn speed too slow

266 posts
5,142 battles

Its premium ship, no problem.

The most concerned is Turrets turn speed too slow

Well, I think it's a problem if a premium ship overperforms too much...

But I agree about the turret traverse. I think they should buff mogami 155's turret traverse and make it a more viable choice for players.

Because to be honest, grinding T7 to T9 IJN cruiser is incredibly boring. It feels like I'm playing the same ship over and over.

If mogami's 155 becomes her niche, then at least we will have one cruiser that plays differently.

[LYNMF]
1,083 posts
16,050 battles

premium ship well is premium ship, players pay money for it so they will have advantage of some sort

the turret traverse is real slow for 155, could be faster but to me not a big issue just need to plan ahead where you wana go and what ship coming your way

but i agree, its kinda boring after grinding thru myoko its just a very similar ship with more guns

Sign in to follow this