Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

Should mogami get a range upgrade?

36 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

15.7KM in a T10 match is horrible really horrible, except for dd no cruisers and battlesheeps are in range..some are closer at 17km but still the mogami is short on range to hit anyone

MM is a issue put me in a T10 match but the range is just sucks makes this ship feels like a downgraded myoko

Its not fun not exciting at least for me now, maybe better if im in the correct tier

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

15.7KM in a T10 match is horrible really horrible, except for dd no cruisers and battlesheeps are in range..some are closer at 17km but still the mogami is short on range to hit anyone

MM is a issue put me in a T10 match but the range is just sucks makes this ship feels like a downgraded myoko

Its not fun not exciting at least for me now, maybe better if im in the correct tier

No man, you have to think about the poor T6 ships as well. Mogami is not a downgraded Myoko. You can say it is a downgraded Atago, that would be fine.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

It isnt always fun being bottom tier. But then its why you have to learn to play a map or react to what the enemy is doing. 

If they are sniping use terrain to close or go to the other flank.

There are sometimes other options than range.

I think the Mogami's range is fine. As Icy stated, if it was at T6, it would dominate. Cant have it be top dog ship all the time.

450 posts
7,896 battles

Hide behind your friendly CA, chances are they will sail to 14km away from the enemy. Don't go to the first line as you have bad rudder.

If fact, all IJN CA should not go to first line since the rudder is made out of paper. It is hard to turn and it get destroyed easily.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

With the concealment upgrade, detection range is 10km. Firing range is 15.6km. HP is a minor difference from Myoko, AA is comparatively worse.

This should teach you a bit more on how to use concealment.

266 posts
5,142 battles

Well, the Atago can do just fine in T10 with similar range, so I'd say range is not the issue.

But then again, Atago is better than Mogami in almost every aspect, and she has repair party. So a bit of buff (other than range) won't hurt, I guess...?

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

fair point everyone

i cant close in the gap as bloody gearing, shimakaze and khabarovsx keep spotting me and these guys can do tons of damage to me while danger of big battlesheeps take half of my hp with just 1 shell

part of it my team also sucks when dd died early its such a big problem have to dodge wall of torps make me have move out of range..same story in nearly all match im in mogami and this makes me frustrated  

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

Just a question, did you use 203 or 155? 

Because if you use 155 you should stay far away and park on some island 

but none of my match so far i can do some parking, everyone is on the move

got my 1st kill with mogami, torp it burn it and alot dodging only i manage to kill a montana with half health....

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

got my 1st kill with mogami, torp it burn it and alot dodging only i manage to kill a montana with half health....

You better focus on killing ships that have lower HP pool. Otherwise you will end up having 800 exp in most games.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if you uses 155 then don't forget to get turret traverse module. it only increase mogami reload by .5 sec but it significantly increase her abysmal turret traverse to bearable speed. she's a great dd killer and good for setting enemy on fire. if you are getting focus fire stop spamming shell and hold your fire until you are stealth again, then start shelling again once enemy are busy dealing with other ship.

205 posts
5,305 battles

I've noticed that MM is a bit skewed. Most matches are either 5-6-7, or 8-9-10. Very rarely would you get 4-5 or 5-6. Sometimes you would get 6-7-8.

Tier 5 is especially bad. I've seen so many times T5 ships just go afk and refuse to play. Or they stay so far behind, especially Furutakas with their lousy range, that the xp they get is so low (100 - 200+), even on a winning team, they might as well play co op (it would be faster and less frustrating).

I play mostly tier 7, and I've noticed that I'm top dog about 40% of the time, mid tier 40% of the time, and bottom tier about 20% of the time. When I hop onto my T5 ships, about 75% of the matches are 5-6-7, and a smattering of 5-6. Very rarely 4-5.

In my T6 ships, the vast majority of games are either 6-7-8, or 5-6-7. I've yet to be encounter a 5-6 game (maybe coz of the small sample size).

So, what used to be relatively fun tiers of 5 & 6, have become less fun due to being bottom tier the majority of the time. I suppose that applies to T8 ships as well.

This is just my own limited experience, so other players may not have such MM issues.

403 posts
8,180 battles

With the concealment upgrade, detection range is 10km. Firing range is 15.6km. HP is a minor difference from Myoko, AA is comparatively worse.

This should teach you a bit more on how to use concealment.

Don't forget that her torpedos have a range of 10km, and have a back-firing arc, so if there is a BB bullying you, stop firing, turn around, run, and let those fishes loose. I remember the salt I generated when I did that to a Montana.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i beg you WG give her Repair party (OR any buff will do)

i can't get myself to know her better after play Atago quite much

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i beg you WG give her Repair party (OR any buff will do)

i can't get myself to know her better after play Atago quite much

i think new orleans need more buff than her. she has the lowest HP ammong tier 8 cruisers.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i think new orleans need more buff than her. she has the lowest HP ammong tier 8 cruisers.

But she have AA and Radar

While mogami have nothing more than slightly upgraded Myoukou

14 posts
6,721 battles

Kite everyone except DDs and CVs(charge them if you got the chance to do that), and resist the urge to use all your turrets ( especially 155mm build) except the enemy isn't looking at you, and keep turning and slowing down speeding up ( use the propulsion mode to get in and out of fights quicker), most importantly: do not solo charge with her.

15.7km is ok-ish for me and having concealment expert helps a lot. She's the best mid-range support to DDs IMO.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Because of the recent changes, T5 got the biggest MM nerf. Which I like. Too much seal cubbing was going on there.

Yeah, I think so, too. For experienced players who play the mid tiers to farm credits, it's a good adjustment. Play well, and you get loads of credits hitting higher tier ships. For new(ish) players used to the brawling meta of low tier/co op play, it is a culture shock. They are seriously outgunned unless they know how to use islands for cover and take potshots opportunistically.

But she have AA and Radar

While mogami have nothing more than slightly upgraded Myoukou

I've yet to play T8 ships, but I figure the Mogami is usually compared to her pre-nerf OP state. She is balanced now, I guess, but there are better CA/CLs at her tier, so she is meh to most tech tree players. The Atago, Kutuzov, and Chapayev appear to be better ships (I don't know ... have no experience there), and the Hipper is also probably better. She only outranks the New Orleans, which seriously needs some love, just like the Pensacola.

The Mogami also appears easier to get citadels, compared to the Atago, when I use my BBs. The Mogami is like a floating citadel, while the Atago appears harder to citadel. Probably perception bias on my part.

If you had 12 Mogamis vs 12 Myokos, all fully upgraded with CE, I think the Mogamis will steamroll the Myokos if they know how to use their concealment advantage well. I can position better in my tech tree Myoko with CE, while it's harder with my ARP Myoko sisters without CE.

Edited by Bunda369

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

played few match tonight still the range a big issue

ok..my team is a wussy dont wana push..fine..let me set fire to bb at least this would be good help to my team..i cant because bb stay 17km+ away..let me close in fire a salvo and get detected and instant 10K damage even just showing butt

enemy team got a mogami player too, take the risk charge a tirpitz and he end up in the bottom of the sea without doing any significant damage..this player probably bored too nobody in range

is the range a big problem? a big yes at least in all the match im in

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yeah, I think so, too. For experienced players who play the mid tiers to farm credits, it's a good adjustment. Play well, and you get loads of credits hitting higher tier ships. For new(ish) players used to the brawling meta of low tier/co op play, it is a culture shock. They are seriously outgunned unless they know how to use islands for cover and take potshots opportunistically.

I've yet to play T8 ships, but I figure the Mogami is usually compared to her pre-nerf OP state. She is balanced now, I guess, but there are better CA/CLs at her tier, so she is meh to most tech tree players. The Atago, Kutuzov, and Chapayev appear to be better ships (I don't know ... have no experience there), and the Hipper is also probably better. She only outranks the New Orleans, which seriously needs some love, just like the Pensacola.

The Mogami also appears easier to get citadels, compared to the Atago, when I use my BBs. The Mogami is like a floating citadel, while the Atago appears harder to citadel. Probably perception bias on my part.

If you had 12 Mogamis vs 12 Myokos, all fully upgraded with CE, I think the Mogamis will steamroll the Myokos if they know how to use their concealment advantage well. I can position better in my tech tree Myoko with CE, while it's harder with my ARP Myoko sisters without CE.

It because you comparing different tier ship

And the mogami you are talking about use 150mm gun instead which is powerful indeed

10 posts
42 battles

She got nerfed because with range upgrade shes too op

Sign in to follow this