You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

Increase size of battle group

Increase size of each team?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Increase size of each team?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Number of players per team

19 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

Since the game has been released, we have been fighting 12 v 12. I wonder if anyone agree with me that the size of the battle group can be increased?

It can be done by putting payers in higher tier maps due to the size of higher tier maps are bigger but the developer have to increase the number of spawn points. 

[-OSG-]
8 posts

I had to select 12 because that's the lowest you allowed, personally I'm all for lowering team sizes or making the maps WAAAAAYYYYY  bigger (at least double the OA so that's one map now becomes 1 quarter area of the new map size). Maps are to cluttered and over populated as it is.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

32 VS 32

How to fit all the ship?

and please don't start with increasing of the map size, it is bad, trust me

moving with churchill tank already bad enough in malinovka

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

32 v 32. Imagine the wait for MM to form up, especially on low player times.

And having huge maps- it's bad enough now when the DD goes off cv chasing, on a big map he could be 30 km away when he is suddenly needed at cap.

450 posts
7,896 battles

I propose this suggestion so we have something new to play. Also, more ships mean more tactics. 

I imagine it depends on the number of players waiting. If there are greater than 60, then we can have a room of 16 v 16 and a ordinary room.

Finally, we can lower the affect of the team killers and the AFKers  in the team

403 posts
8,177 battles

Maybe WG plans to do just that. Why else would they nerf the Type 93 torps that hard. Imagine lobbing 20km range torps at a distant target, miss, and then nail the carrier beyond the acquisition range

PS: if map or team size increases, loading the game would crash many low-end computers (like mine), so as much as I want 15v15, for the good of all players, this may not be a good idea.

Edited by 27000ants

345 posts
3,636 battles

If you increase the number of players in one battle, you would also need to extend the time since a lot of battles finish with 1 or 4 ships left after 20 mins. You would also feel insignificant once you see half of your team get destroyed without even killing a single enemy. Imagine a 24v24 battle, then after 14 mins, half of your team died and the enemy still has around 20 ships. How can 12 ships win against 20 then? it would just ruin the experience. Fast games is what i liked with WoW. I don't want to torture myself playing a 30-45 min game and realizing that we are going to lose after the first quarter of the game. It would be very frustrating to just run around avoiding 20 ships because your teammates got focused one by one. Also, what about the battleships? Most of them takes minutes to even move half way the current largest maps. Imagine a map 2x or 4x bigger. That would be torture.

What i want to say is that the game is perfect right now, the queue times are fast, the battles are quick and engaging.

450 posts
7,896 battles

If you increase the number of players in one battle, you would also need to extend the time since a lot of battles finish with 1 or 4 ships left after 20 mins. You would also feel insignificant once you see half of your team get destroyed without even killing a single enemy. Imagine a 24v24 battle, then after 14 mins, half of your team died and the enemy still has around 20 ships. How can 12 ships win against 20 then? it would just ruin the experience. Fast games is what i liked with WoW. I don't want to torture myself playing a 30-45 min game and realizing that we are going to lose after the first quarter of the game. It would be very frustrating to just run around avoiding 20 ships because your teammates got focused one by one. Also, what about the battleships? Most of them takes minutes to even move half way the current largest maps. Imagine a map 2x or 4x bigger. That would be torture.

What i want to say is that the game is perfect right now, the queue times are fast, the battles are quick and engaging.

It also happen in a 12 v12, everytime I turn my back and go to the other side of the map to defend/ protect CV/ DD hunting, there is always a voice "You are the last hope". 

You have to know that it happens at all situations, even in a 7v7.

Finally, don't plan how to lose a fight, plan how to win a fight :)

345 posts
3,636 battles

It also happen in a 12 v12, everytime I turn my back and go to the other side of the map to defend/ protect CV/ DD hunting, there is always a voice "You are the last hope". 

You have to know that it happens at all situations, even in a 7v7.

Finally, don't plan how to lose a fight, plan how to win a fight :)

Yes, I know that it happens right now, but imagine it happening in a 24v24 game? it's much worse. I always try to give myself an advantage during a fight, i never plan to lose. The problem is, you don't know who your teammates are, you try to communicate and tell them what the plan is, but 2 or maybe 4 ships do otherwise which usually gets them killed. The only ships who will benefit in a large scale battle would be DDs and CVs. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

This topic seems to come around every so often for any game with a set team limit.

Changing the team sizes is an exercise in coding.

Having been through the changes (through testing) for ranked and team battles, it's not as simple as it seems to change the makeup around.

Factors that need to be considered:

a.  Match maker impact

b.  map size

c.  spawn points

d.  server capability

e.  client capability

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

On the contrary, I want to see the ranked-style 7v7 domination. Not only it helps people learn how to rank battles, but also getting into brawling range is fun.

44 posts

I would like to see random battle group sizes in the future and just increase the map sizes to suit the larger battles. But co-op is where I would like to see larger groups. well why practice 6v6 when the real stuf is 12v12, maybe have an option co-op 6 or 12 battles

Edited by Reubster_defender