Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XP_On

Need opinion on Murmansk

39 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

yInVnE6.png

This ship had been changed a couple of times right? so my question is, still she worth it? 

also, will she fit to my playing style?
my best Cruiser is Cleveland and Myoko, 
I cant do really well in Furutaka / Aoba,

I free xp Omaha so i can get Cleveland, also

I already sold Kirov and konigsberg because i cant do well in them (still in stock hull)

Also i already have a russian commander with 10 point (in my Ognevoi)

Edited by XP_On

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Murmansk = Russian Omaha

RUSSIAN always better than originalTM

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Do we know your playing style? Nope (Well I might)

Pros:

1. Range is good

2. Shells hit harder than Omaha

3. Very good fire chance (don't bother to look at the stats) and damn good AP

4. Fairly good AA with AFT+BFT captain (use your ussr DD captain in murmansk for best output)

5. For some reason she has spotter plane that allows invisi firing

6. Really cheap to buy.

7. Damn good handling.

8. Good torpedo.

9. Torpedobeat enabled.

10. Almost no repair cost and very good income.

11. Hydro too? Wtf is this thing.

Cons:

1. Armor? What is that??

2. I don't like the camo pattern

3. Not so great concealment, might need to borrow smoke.

4. Average damage dealing potential.

Most OP T5 CA right now. Mainly because of the range and shell arc.

Edited by icy_phoenix

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Murmansk = Russian Omaha

always better than originalTM

the problem is, i NEVER play the Original :P 

that is why i ask. because i heard she was a moster before and now she lost some of her charm....

Do we know your playing style? Nope (Well I might)

i think you already know my playing style :honoring:

Edited by XP_On

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

This ship had been changed a couple of times right? so my question is, still she worth it? 

also, will she fit to my playing style?
my best Cruiser is Cleveland and Myoko, 
I cant do really well in Furutaka / Aoba,

I free xp Omaha so i can get Cleveland, also

I already sold Kirov and konigsberg because i cant do well in them (still in stock hull)

Also i already have a russian commander with 10 point (in my Ognevoi)

Murmansk sure feel alike Cleveland in some way and since it rapid firing Cruiser style it shound fairly fits ur play style. 

And this ship is better than Omaha and Marblehead due to the firing range and fire chance so this ship clearly the ultimate Omaha.

But dont expect much from the ship it self it might be good seal clubber but once you get match-up with Tier 7 you going to have hard time :D:D:D

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

I have got good WR with Murmansk, but my average damage and xp is kinda average, cause I only survive 50% times and yolo too much cause yoloing is fun (and stupid thing) to do. Now I'm focusing on increasing average damage on Murmansk.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Murmansk sure feel alike Cleveland in some way and since it rapid firing Cruiser style it shound fairly fits ur play style. 

And this ship is better than Omaha and Marblehead due to the firing range and fire chance so this ship clearly the ultimate Omaha.

But dont expect much from the ship it self it might be good seal clubber but once you get match-up with Tier 7 you going to have hard time :D:D:D

I have got good WR with Murmansk, but my average damage and xp is kinda average, cause I only survive 50% times and yolo too much cause yoloing is fun (and stupid thing) to do. Now I'm focusing on increasing average damage on Murmansk.

i think i will try to save money to buy her, will only play her while i am division to makesure i have backups then...

what is the biggest thing they nerf? from her?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i think i will try to save money to buy her, will only play her while i am division to makesure i have backups then...

what is the biggest thing they nerf? from her?

Not the direct nerf but its about the AFT skill nerf, so after the skill nerf Murmansk lost the ability to fire from almost same range as low tier BBs :D:D:D

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Not the direct nerf but its about the AFT skill nerf, so after the skill nerf Murmansk lost the ability to fire from almost same range as low tier BBs :D:D:D

so she lost her charm when i lost my cleveland charm too?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

back when 155mm is covered by AFT, this ship can ourtrange and bully cleveland, while you have to go in range to actually hit her. it was so infuriating during those days. :angry:

nowadays even without AFT she's still op, with demolition expert she can set fire on battleship at longer range while staying safe. omaha is a great CL and murnmaks is better version of her because "reasons"

563 posts
4,686 battles

The biggest nerf to her is that she can't face tier 3 anymore. I would go for Molotov but it doesn't fit your playstyle. The only cruiser that looks like your 2 favorite is atago, Murmansk, and Kutuzov(?)

Edited by Admiral_Turing

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Its an Omaha. But better because its Russian.

Here's the recent statistics (2 Weeks):

243g6mg.png

Lol look at the unbelievable difference between Murmansk and Omaha. Like night and day.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

no need for seal clubbing....

so should i prefer AFT or DE?

DE, AFT don't affect her guns anymore. or you can just use your russian CA captain with DE.

266 posts
5,135 battles

Murmansk is my very first premium ship and stat padder. :teethhappy:

Even after the AFT nerf, she is still the best T5 cruiser and the best price-to-performance premium ship, in my opinion.

so should i prefer AFT or DE?

DE because AFT doesn't really give Murmansk anything useful right now.

When fighting battleships and higher tier cruisers, you should play her as long range HE spammer and wiggle like mad.

But when pitted against equal and lower tier cruiser, you can simply charge them with your powerful stalinum AP shells.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I take DE on my Murmansk.

I wonder at the stat difference though. Some of those in Omaha's wont be as experienced as those in a premium ship, whilst not always the case, id wager that those in the Murmansk would have a better grasp on her abilities compared to those in the Omaha.

Worth every cent with its torps, five guns that can shot bow on, and the hydro. Plus the sneaky spotter plane for long range burning fun of BBs

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Lol, since when 14 Km is considered long range :P

My cleaveland is super effective in 10km bellow

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

I cannot recommend the Murmansk highly enough. Absolutely beast ship. What I noted was that because it takes time to do a lot of damage the team around me tends to dissolve, but I end up having some of my more enjoyable games in this beauty. You noted that you didn't like Kirov or Konigsberg, so there is a problem. All are long range accurate ships. Maybe you don't like that playstyle. I see Clevelands now and then, and quite simply, tend to beat them. At range the Cleveland is garbage, with its round taking as much as 18+ seconds in air. Murmansk shells have a higher velocity, and Clevelands are not particularly manoeuvrable, so I tend to hit them and they miss. Firing HE, you get a LOT of flags in a good match in this ship, so those little challenges where a number of flags are required quick-smart make this an excellent choice. At the price one of the best premiums.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I cannot recommend the Murmansk highly enough. Absolutely beast ship. What I noted was that because it takes time to do a lot of damage the team around me tends to dissolve, but I end up having some of my more enjoyable games in this beauty. You noted that you didn't like Kirov or Konigsberg, so there is a problem. All are long range accurate ships. Maybe you don't like that playstyle. I see Clevelands now and then, and quite simply, tend to beat them. At range the Cleveland is garbage, with its round taking as much as 18+ seconds in air. Murmansk shells have a higher velocity, and Clevelands are not particularly manoeuvrable, so I tend to hit them and they miss. Firing HE, you get a LOT of flags in a good match in this ship, so those little challenges where a number of flags are required quick-smart make this an excellent choice. At the price one of the best premiums.

well you are right, i have problem with hitting ship +10KM 

cleaveland is useless in raange above unless i target a BB,

Kirov / Konig is too fragile for me to brawl in short range (well i use stock hull so that is why i cant absolutly sure that those ship are not good)

that is why i kinda afraid if this ship fit with me or not. but after reading all the response people give, i think i will still buy her for USSR mission and re training method

thanks again

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

well you are right, i have problem with hitting ship +10KM 

cleaveland is useless in raange above unless i target a BB,

Kirov / Konig is too fragile for me to brawl in short range (well i use stock hull so that is why i cant absolutly sure that those ship are not good)

that is why i kinda afraid if this ship fit with me or not. but after reading all the response people give, i think i will still buy her for USSR mission and re training method

thanks again

Be careful though, all it needs to sink a murmansk is 2 random battleship shells falling on the deck. Also, if you don't have AFT+BFT, you are CV food as well. And no, Murmansk can't brawl at all. Brawling isnt a T5 thing anyway.

Sign in to follow this