Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
biq27

Weaboo challenges

21 comments in this topic

112 posts
5,463 battles

... Have wrecked play.

I understand some players are better than others but there are clearly people out there shooting only certain targets because of these challenges. Why would WG not make it just damage to 'whoever the hell you want'? Rather than CA, DD, BB, CV specific stuff. I had two CVs come to an agreement to nuke each other so the would fulfil their goals (alas no screenshots)

This has annoyed me so much recently - but at least these players in the attached screenshots had the honesty to say what they were doing, I don't want to play WoWs for weaboo stuff nor do I begrudge people that do - just please make sure challenges for horrible looking ships don't get in the way of enjoyable play. These games are ass - I don't feel like people are playing to best of ability so don't want to play.

/endrant

[content removed]

Naming and shaming. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Players have no choice but to do these things for the ships. And even more for those who already have the ships, for the credits. Usually one or more missions for all ship classes are active all the time, their rewards aren't much appealing as these ARP missions. There are already many treads about this, and nothing is going to change. So, just hop in and enjoy the ride.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Well at least they are sensible enough to put only 50k for CV, not sure why they put 100k for DD, that's a lot of work and being Fujiwara Takumi 

415 posts
10,918 battles

100k damage against DD's is proving difficult for a BB Captain ... fortunately for me I got the ARP Myoko the first time around so I don't have to worry about it.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

100k damage against DD's is proving difficult for a BB Captain ... fortunately for me I got the ARP Myoko the first time around so I don't have to worry about it.

You will get huge credit for that now.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Its a long time to accrue these rewards as well. Why do people think they need to have it done within three days of the event start?

227 posts
2,651 battles

Its a long time to accrue these rewards as well. Why do people think they need to have it done within three days of the event start?

Tactical play on NA and sweet reward for those missions on ASIA, why not both?

CV stage is hard for those who dont play CV, yet DD stage is hard for those who dont play DD

415 posts
10,918 battles

You will get huge credit for that now.

And a free port slot

I'm not worried about the credits (I usually keep 20-30 million in reserve) but the free port slot makes it worth doing I guess.

205 posts
5,305 battles

I just had a game with screwed up game play. We were on Two Brothers. Only four of our ships in the west. Long story short, a Colorado and an Atago about a 1 km behind me were taking pot shots at a Udaloi about 14 km in front of me. While there was a Kutuzov and ARP Ashigara about 12 km in front of us. These ships were being spotted by our Mahan on their flank. This type of game play is so screwed up coz of stupid missions. Sigh  :(

205 posts
5,305 battles

I think it's part human nature and part Asian culture.

Let me put it this way. Say your boss comes up to you at the beginning of the month and tells you, "Hey, buddy, I have a project for you to do. A client needs a cost-benefit analysis on their new product strategy by the end of the month. I'm sorry for piling up the extra work for ya, but the moment you hand in that report to me, there's a US$1,000 bonus for ya!"

Now, what would you do? Take your own sweet time to do the project, knowing you have tons of time to finish it? Or finish it as quickly as possible, cutting corners, being hornery to your work mates, forgetting family for a bit, etc to get that money since it would do nicely for the nursery project you have ongoing for your new baby that's due in a couple of months?

If there was no immediate gratification, say the ARP Myoko will only be given the following month, you'd see less of a rush to complete the mission. It's the combination of immediate gratification and [content removed]

mission profile that's spoiling the game for the rest of us trying to play normally.

Derogatory. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

*note that references to mental/physical disabilities and derivatives has been specifically listed by the GMs as derogatory.

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I think it's part human nature and part Asian culture.

Let me put it this way. Say your boss comes up to you at the beginning of the month and tells you, "Hey, buddy, I have a project for you to do. A client needs a cost-benefit analysis on their new product strategy by the end of the month. I'm sorry for piling up the extra work for ya, but if you can finish this by the deadline, there's a US$1,000 bonus for ya the moment you hand in that report to me!"

Now, what would you do? Take your own sweet time to do the project, knowing you have tons of time to finish it? Or finish it as quickly as possible, cutting corners, being hornery to your work mates, forgetting family for a bit, etc to get that money since it would do nicely for the nursery project you have ongoing for your new baby that's due in a couple of months?

If there was no immediate gratification, say the ARP Myoko will only be given the following month, you'd see less of a rush to complete the mission. It's the combination of immediate gratification and [content removed] mission profile that's spoiling the game for the rest of us trying to play normally.

Play like we do, not giving a shit about the missions. And if enemy ignores me to shoot something harder, I'm OK with it :D

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

205 posts
5,305 battles

Play like we do, not giving a shit about the missions. And if enemy ignores me to shoot something harder, I'm OK with it :D

I do play normally, although I'd love to have that free port slot. It's the abnormal play from both sides that is irritating, especially the cruisers who yolo into caps hunting DDs and DDs hugging borders to try to get to the rear of the enemy to hunt CVs, neglecting to cap.

And, when I'm still on the DD mission (it's slow going when you are not actively hunting DDs), I get two games in a row where I got to do some serious CV damage. The first one I did 30k+ damage to an Independence that went to the middle of Fault Line trying to cap (end of battle, they were going to win on points anyway). The second was a fail MM with only 3 ships per side. We had a Lexington, a Roon, and me in my trusty ARP Ashigara. They had a Shokaku, a Baltimore, and an ARP Haguro. Managed to do another 30k+ damage to the CV. Now, if only such luck happens when I'm playing during the CV mission, lol. :D

/off topic

Why do USN CV drivers go air superiority? I would think that a strike package would be better, since damage dealt to the enemy is a much better strategy, yes?. At T7-T9, players should know how to handle enemy planes without the help of friendly air cover.

Edited by Bunda369

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

/off topic

Why do USN CV drivers go air superiority? I would think that a strike package would be better, since damage dealt to the enemy is a much better strategy, yes?. At T7-T9, players should know how to handle enemy planes without the help of friendly air cover.

I am not a CV player myself, so I do not dare to go in much depth. The truth is, while the IJN CVs can adopt various roles, USN CVs are only good for one thing. One problem with the strike loadout is, you have to snipe really hard, or you are done. So, people not comfortable with that idea go on with AS, to support the team and farm clear sky mainly. And your last sentence is incorrect as there is no ceiling of skill, and in a team game it is all about helping the team mates.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

The thing with these missions is that they are so intertwined with normal gameplay you dont even try and you still get them.  I've got 2 horrible pink/green ships in my dock that I keep hidden like an unwanted child locked under the staircase.

345 posts
3,628 battles

I finished the first 3 stages with my Aoba, Myoko (Original) and ARP Ashigara. I tried my best trying to win the game and doing the challenges. What took me the longest time was the 100k damage to DD stage. Of course DDs are a big threat and since i'm a cruiser, i would obviously try to take down a DD that is so close to me. Killing the DDs early in the game would be beneficial in the long run. Stage 4 on the other hand (50k CV damage) only took me 2 games with my Ryujo and both are wins since i managed to take out the enemy CVs early.

Edited by Loshirai14

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I do play normally, although I'd love to have that free port slot.

you don't get a free port slot, you can not sell the ships to free up the slot, and the slot is only there when you select the Yokosuka Port.

Same rules apply for reserve slot.

Sign in to follow this