You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Some questions of premium proportions

35 comments in this topic

159 posts
3,374 battles

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at purchasing another premium ship or two... or three.

So far, there are 3 premium ships in my port- all lower tier destroyers; HMS Campletown, USS Smith & Tachibana.

Next on the list is the Warspite, either the Texas or Arizona, and I'd even be open to the Mikasa if enough people say enough nice things about her.  (Her shortcomings have been made all to clear on here so far).

So who has these ships? Talk me into them- or talk me out of them. 

Are there any other ships you would definitely recommend? (I've only reached T6 so am not looking at purchasing anything higher than that at this stage).

Thanks!!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

So far if you looking for BBs im highly recommend Tirpitz even the ship it self is higher Tier than you want, actually i dont recommend low Tier Premium ships due to the lower income and lower exp earn per match.

higher Tier Premium earn more of those benefit due to the higher base earning credit/exp when you combine with Premium bonus i can go as far as 800k credits and 5k exp per match without much effort, so high Tier Premium ships can solve ur economy problems in higher tier game which sooner or later will come anyways (if you decided to go to higher tier).

If you not actually have to stick with the BB i will say go for Atago.

But if you really really want low Tier BB ill say Arizona is the way, its really alike New Mexico with 12 guns super fun to play.

Mikasa ?? No just No.. except you want collect the ship due to some reasons.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Out of the 3 BBs you named ArtickWarspite, id say yes to all 3.

The texas is great with an AA build, (BFT, AFT, etc), otherwise its your stock standard new york. But ive had a lot of fun in here. Same with the Arizona, though she has no AA. Being US BBs they arent good at sniping so if you like to brawl mid to late game, they are great ships.

The warspite, i do like, and its easy to get a lot of dmg and credits with her. However, her super structure likes HE, i mean it really likes HE. Build her for anti fire, and stack lots of premmie repairs, as you will need it. The range isnt too bad with the spotting air craft and her guns are fantastic too!

Perhaps if you are still wishing a low tier BB, the german T4 one will be due in time.

The Mikasa is great got secondaries but its more a giggle ship than try to solo win a game with.

159 posts
3,374 battles

So far if you looking for BBs im highly recommend Tirpitz even the ship it self is higher Tier than you want, actually i dont recommend low Tier Premium ships due to the lower income and lower exp earn per match.

higher Tier Premium earn more of those benefit due to the higher base earning credit/exp when you combine with Premium bonus i can go as far as 800k credits and 5k exp per match without much effort, so high Tier Premium ships can solve ur economy problems in higher tier game which sooner or later will come anyways (if you decided to go to higher tier).

If you not actually have to stick with the BB i will say go for Atago.

But if you really really want low Tier BB ill say Arizona is the way, its really alike New Mexico with 12 guns super fun to play.

Mikasa ?? No just No.. except you want collect the ship due to some reasons.

At this point, I don't want to get a T8 ship when I haven't earned the right to be there. It's well known that high tier players don't like lower tier players ruining their games. It's no hassle grinding up the ship lines. I'm in no hurry to unlock everything quickly. 

The Atago- need to learn a bit more about this one..

And Mikasa.. you're probably right.

Beta Tester
911 posts

Don't buy the arizona. I regret getting this POS. It's nothing like the videos when it was first released.

Get a Tirpitz. It worth the money. Or wait and see how the scarnhorst is when it's released. Or the new French ship.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

All 3 are good options.

If you wanted to stay lower you could look at the Ichizuchi Zuchini (tier IV IJN BB).

Unfortunately, Mikasa is really a collectors piece.  She's a lot of fun, but has extremely frustratingly high dispersion (you won't hit from 90% of your shots) and no AA.  She is fun to wade into a block of tier 2 CLs and DDs and watch the secondaries go nuts (and miss a lot). :)

159 posts
3,374 battles

Out of the 3 BBs you named ArtickWarspite, id say yes to all 3.

The texas is great with an AA build, (BFT, AFT, etc), otherwise its your stock standard new york. But ive had a lot of fun in here. Same with the Arizona, though she has no AA. Being US BBs they arent good at sniping so if you like to brawl mid to late game, they are great ships.

The warspite, i do like, and its easy to get a lot of dmg and credits with her. However, her super structure likes HE, i mean it really likes HE. Build her for anti fire, and stack lots of premmie repairs, as you will need it. The range isnt too bad with the spotting air craft and her guns are fantastic too!

Perhaps if you are still wishing a low tier BB, the german T4 one will be due in time.

The Mikasa is great got secondaries but its more a giggle ship than try to solo win a game with.

Is the Texas far enough away from the New York in terms of overall performance to justify it's price? And is that in turn far enough away from the Arizona? From what I have seen, the difference between a NY and Texas was that the Texas has better AA and it's middle turret rotates further.

T4 German BB is interesting, but at the moment I'm only on the USA/IJN trees.

Considering the Mikasa is well priced compared to everything, is it worth it? I do like it more for historical purposes than its below average performance. 

159 posts
3,374 battles

Don't buy the arizona. I regret getting this POS. It's nothing like the videos when it was first released.

Get a Tirpitz. It worth the money. Or wait and see how the scarnhorst is when it's released. Or the new French ship.

Oh yeah, the Dunkerque- good point!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

At this point, I don't want to get a T8 ship when I haven't earned the right to be there. It's well known that high tier players don't like lower tier players ruining their games.

Kinda half true half fault

As a high tier competitive player (really feel bad to say it myself lol)

We dont like player who never listen (at all) and throw away the game by just yolo in or doing things thats not benefit the game it self which most of them are wallet warrior who dont actually earn high tier but only acquire Premium Tier 8, anyways as long as you know what to do and be reasonable as well as leaning and improve ur gameplay no one really care if you actually have Tech tree high Tier ships or not.

By playing in high Tier game you cab improve ur skill faster due to the fact that you now facing better skill player (cuz most of the time competitive players are in high tier).

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Is the Texas far enough away from the New York in terms of overall performance to justify it's price? And is that in turn far enough away from the Arizona? From what I have seen, the difference between a NY and Texas was that the Texas has better AA and it's middle turret rotates further.

T4 German BB is interesting, but at the moment I'm only on the USA/IJN trees.

Considering the Mikasa is well priced compared to everything, is it worth it? I do like it more for historical purposes than its below average performance. 

The Mikasa is probably not worth it, other than collecting and having fun with.

The Texas is no better than the New York. Out of The texas and arizone though, id take the texas.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Kinda half true half fault

As a high tier competitive player (really feel bad to say it myself lol)

We dont like player who never listen (at all) and throw away the game by just yolo in or doing things thats not benefit the game it self which most of them are wallet warrior who dont actually earn high tier but only acquire Premium Tier 8, anyways as long as you know what to do and be reasonable as well as leaning and improve ur gameplay no one really care if you actually have Tech tree high Tier ships or not.

By playing in high Tier game you cab improve ur skill faster due to the fact that you now facing better skill player (cuz most of the time competitive players are in high tier).

A cleaveland in a tier 8 match that go with the team and provide fire damage is more lovely than an atago that yolo alone and died without doig much right?

266 posts
5,142 battles

So who has these ships? Talk me into them- or talk me out of them. 

Are there any other ships you would definitely recommend? (I've only reached T6 so am not looking at purchasing anything higher than that at this stage)

I have both the Warspite and Arizona, and so far I'm really liking both of them.

Warspite's strength is her guns. She has the biggest gun caliber of her tier and she can pen same tier battleships even when bow-on. The bad thing is her armor is kind of unreliable sometimes, but it's been slightly fixed with the previous patch.

Arizona is an all-rounder. She has good armor, good at brawling, but also good at range because of her accurate guns. Her weakness is her slow speed and weak AA, but she has tight turning radius to dodge torps, and you'll be fine as long as you stay with your fleet.

And if you like battleships, I would also recommend the Tirpitz. She's very newbie friendly, so you should be able to do well in her even if you haven't reached T8. That is, provided you already know the basics of playing battleships. Just don't snipe from max range and you'll be fine.

But I also suggest to wait a few weeks for the Scharnhorst and Dunkerque. Who knows, they might be even more worth to buy.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Mikasa - novelty/historic value only. Don't get it for making credits or training captains. It's purely a just-for-fun ship. Main guns are inaccurate and the turrets have shockingly poor arcs of traverse. Most of the time you'll be firing only a single turret - that's 2 wildly inaccurate shells every 30 seconds. The secondaries look good at first glance, but remember you can't mount the secondary range/dispersion module on ships below Tier 5. Even if you get within range to use them they tend to be disappointing.

Texas - haven't got it, but it is basically a New York with monster AA. New York has really nice guns but its armour is much weaker than it appears on paper. I quite like New York and I've been tempted to pick up Texas, but I'm gonna wait and see what Konig is like first.

Arizona - Armour-wise, it's the opposite of New York. It's genuinely tough. Guns are the same as New York (not New Mexico, which has significantly higher penetration), with 2 extra barrels, a little more accuracy, and a little more range. Secondary guns are surprisingly powerful, too, though you'll have to get close to see them in action. A good, solid performer and one of my favourites.

Warspite - This one's a bit weird. The guns are fantastic but its armour is a bit flaky. Sometimes you'll shrug off massive salvoes, other times a single Kongo salvo will demolish you despite being heavily angled. Which happened to me just earlier BUT I'M NOT UPSET ABOUT IT ANYMORE ALRIGHT. *ahem* Anti-air is mediocre but agility is first-rate, so it's less of an issue than in other battleships. Secondaries are good, too. It also has some unique features: the Repair Party heal is more potent (it fixes citadel damage, I think I read somewhere) and Damage Control is on a 90-second cooldown (instead of 120). It's a very nice ship and doesn't really play like any other battleship in the game at the moment.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have Texas, stock AA is only good for 2km range. Torp planes can still easily attack without fear. You spend all skills and mods on making AA decent. Slow speed, can't dodge said torps and IJN lightspeedy BB's eat it alive. Then there are the invisible IJN DD's. It's incredible how close they can get and still be invisible.

Don't play it, ever, it sits in harbour rusting.

I'd recommend:

Atlanta AFT is a must, so your forth skill is preemptive,(no fire setting bonus for you, naughty buoy) however I often was getting top 3 in team with 11km firing range anyway...

Atago, you see them in your sights, the low profile, hard to hit.

Mikhail Kutuzov, I call it the MK47, fast RoF, spray and pray. Very long range guns. Excellent AA capabilities.

403 posts
8,209 battles

If you like stealth torping and have a 15pt IJN capt sitting around, use Atago with full camo build, and watch the detection range drop to 9.1km. 

A bit late to say this now since the offer is over, but in my defense I was overseas when this post was made.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

based on my own opinion in order from the best

Imperator Nikolai - OP

Warspite - Very Balance

Tirpitz - Good ship but you might get trapped in tier 10 battle

Upcoming Scharnhorst

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

I'm surprised no one mentioned Murmansk, the ultimate T5 credit farmer, and as OP as T5 CAs can get. It's really cheap compared to Blyska, Tirpitz, Atago, Kutuzov etc. Also, T5 games are generally more fun that T10s, I mean T8s of course...

415 posts
10,918 battles

Since I own all the Premium BB's except the Arkansas I'll throw my 2 cents worth in:

Texas is very average ... it's main strength is it's AA but even that is only really effective at 2.0 - 3.2 Km ... I generally only use it for additional training for my Iowa captain ... fairly disappointing and would not be my choice of the 4 you mentioned.

Arizona is not bad ... nice strong armour that can bounce Kongo and Fuso shells quite easily and the triple turrets I find are more accurate than most at tier 6 ... but she is so very very slow ... I would say she requires a little more skill and foresight than the other 2 T6's.

Warspite is the Yamato of tier 6 ... bigger guns than anything else her tier and good strong armour ... she also handles well with a better turning radius than some DD's and if you use the rudder shift upgrade she can dodge torps with ease ... she also has nice long range secondaries ... I run a secondary build on mine with the range out to 7.6km (with CQ flag) ... the only real downside is that she is out ranged quite badly by IJN BB's and she burns easily.

Finally, Mikasa ... the only semi-useful build I have found is to use her secondaries as much as possible against the bots ... it's a horrible ship .. slow speed, slow turret traverse, slow reload, awful shell dispersion, rubbish firing arcs, highly flammable and struggles to get penetration on just about anything ... unless you are a collector I would avoid this turd.

tl,dr version.

Warspite is a beast and one of my favorite ships ... every BB captain should have one ... if I could have more than one I would.

edit:

I notice a few ppl saying Tirpitz... which is a great ship but to be honest T8-10 games are very different from the lower tiers and I don't find them as much fun as T4-7

Edited by Storm_Raiser

159 posts
3,374 battles

Thanks everyone for chiming in with your thoughts & opinions, they have all been carefully read. 

Of the ships that were originally mentioned, the Warspite seems to have the best reception- which is good as I genuinely want this one.

Mixed results there for the Texas & Arizona.. but if I have the Warspite, then it might be hard to justify the cost of another T5 or T6 BB...

In regards to the Tirpitz, it is a little tempting, but having not started the German line (or the Russian line), the cost can't be justified at this point.

Some of you mentioned cruisers, and those will be something I look at during the next round of spending, but the Atago & Atlanta are favourites.

So, lets go get that Warspite... ..and it's not in the shop currently. Go figure... :sceptic:

And while it's on my mind, is it possible to buy back sold ships? I got rid of a couple to make room in port and it would be nice to have them back.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Thanks everyone for chiming in with your thoughts & opinions, they have all been carefully read. 

Of the ships that were originally mentioned, the Warspite seems to have the best reception- which is good as I genuinely want this one.

Mixed results there for the Texas & Arizona.. but if I have the Warspite, then it might be hard to justify the cost of another T5 or T6 BB...

In regards to the Tirpitz, it is a little tempting, but having not started the German line (or the Russian line), the cost can't be justified at this point.

Some of you mentioned cruisers, and those will be something I look at during the next round of spending, but the Atago & Atlanta are favourites.

So, lets go get that Warspite... ..and it's not in the shop currently. Go figure... :sceptic:

And while it's on my mind, is it possible to buy back sold ships? I got rid of a couple to make room in port and it would be nice to have them back.

Yes you can buy back sold in game vessels (no reward ships, etc).

Just takes the same amount of credits to purchase the vessel and any modules.