You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

Rework on Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flag

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flag need changing?

• Yes
    • No

13 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

The Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flag is a flag which reduces the flooding duration by 20%, Let's look how it work.

1. Flooding has base duration of 120 seconds, dealing similar damage to 2 fires per tick.
  2. With the flag alone, the duration would be 96 seconds.
  3. With flag + BOS skill + DCM2 upgrade, the duration would be 69.36 seconds.

Even with 69 seconds of flooding, I doubt anyone in their right mind would not try to put the flooding out. The flag seems to only benefit BB player without premium repair who took another torps right after the repair finished. In my opinion, the Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flag's benefit is too situational. Therefor I proposed the changes as the following:

OLD effect:

-20% to flooding recovery time.

Proposed effect:

-10% to flooding damage over time.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

maybe git gud at timing your damage control? Watch Notser's vids

still the damage caused by flooding is as dangerous as 3 fires burning your ship

and it also cause engine power drop and Mental disorder (okay, this is just speculation)

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

still the damage caused by flooding is as dangerous as 3 fires burning your ship

and it also cause engine power drop and Mental disorder (okay, this is just speculation)

git gud at torpedobeat then! :izmena:

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

maybe git gud at timing your damage control? Watch Notser's vids

Well, timing DCP is what most effective against flooding, but this just proves how pointless this flag currently is. This flag only becomes useful after 69+ seconds of flooding (again, this is the shortest amount you could ever get). At least, with this change, you might have a slightly easier time waiting for the CV finish the attack run before hitting repair after you got flooded by the first TB.
Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Well, timing DCP is what most effective against flooding, but this just proves how pointless this flag currently is. This flag only becomes useful after 69+ seconds of flooding (again, this is the shortest amount you could ever get). At least, with this change, you might have a slightly easier time waiting for the CV finish the attack run before hitting repair after you got flooded by the first TB.

I am not actually too sure about those CV torps, I couldn't remember the last time I got flooded by one (I play USN a lot and we have glorious AA and long dmg con lol) yeah haven't had CV make successful torp runs on me in ages but ususlly they get both squads to strike at the same time somwhat you do is wait a little and hit dmg con right before the next torp hits you or a few seconds before.for USN I hit it when I see his planes locked into the attack run just because 20 seconds lol

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

I am not actually too sure about those CV torps, I couldn't remember the last time I got flooded by one (I play USN a lot and we have glorious AA and long dmg con lol) yeah haven't had CV make successful torp runs on me in ages but ususlly they get both squads to strike at the same time somwhat you do is wait a little and hit dmg con right before the next torp hits you or a few seconds before.for USN I hit it when I see his planes locked into the attack run just because 20 seconds lol

Except that the CV also has 1-2 DBs too. Far more often they will just send 2 DBs hanging just outside your AA range waiting for you to hit the repair after flooding. So you either risking 2-3 fires afterwards, or waiting until the CV becomes bored while your HP is drained while flooding.

345 posts
3,668 battles

-20% flooding damage would also work and would deal the same damage as when with -20% flooding recovery time

flooding dealing less damage per tick would be better even on full duration. it will let you do more things before dying (if the repair cooldown is longer than the flood time)

since i don't know the exact amount of damage flooding deals per tick, lets just say it deals 100 per second for 120 seconds

100 x 120 = 12,000

100 x (120-20%) = 9600 (-20% duration)

(100-20%) x 120 = 9600 (-20% damage)

Edited by Loshirai14

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

+1 

I seriously don't get that flag at all, your damage control party could be covering you right away if you use the prem one with JoaT, HA, and High Caliber signal flag rewards (November Foxtort?)

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Except that the CV also has 1-2 DBs too. Far more often they will just send 2 DBs hanging just outside your AA range waiting for you to hit the repair after flooding. So you either risking 2-3 fires afterwards, or waiting until the CV becomes bored while your HP is drained while flooding.

hit the repair party after about 10 secs if their planes don't come, then force the torp onto your  bulge