Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

How to low tier Japanese destroyers

14 comments in this topic

50 posts
14 battles

Not long ago, I was playing my tier II Japanese destroyer and someone asked me for help regarding how to play that specific line of ships. I played some games with the person and tried to be a good teacher. Later, I thought about putting what I know about the line into a video and here it is.

I have only played up to the tier VII so I don't have any experience when it comes to high tier gameplay, hence the "LOW TIER".

Feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Depending on feedback, I may make an updated video in the future.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

I believe playing a umikaze doesn't need any skill

just

1.upgrade it

2.memerise its detection range

3.W until you almost reach the detection range

4.launch torp(right at the white line)

5.wait for reloading

6.repeat step 4 and 5

7.Kraken Released

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I believe playing a umikaze doesn't need any skill

just

1.upgrade it

2.memerise its detection range

3.W until you almost reach the detection range

4.launch torp(right at the white line)

5.wait for reloading

6.repeat step 4 and 5

7.Kraken Released

Now a days people struggle to hit with 73 kts torps, Umikaze is not going to do much. People are getting better. Also from the next 1 or 2 patches, it will be impossible for Umikaze to enter a T10 battle due to the anti fail division mechanism.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Now a days people struggle to hit with 73 kts torps, Umikaze is not going to do much. People are getting better. Also from the next 1 or 2 patches, it will be impossible for Umikaze to enter a T10 battle due to the anti fail division mechanism.

one thing that you fail to notice is how "STEALTHY" her torp is

The so called Long lance start from Mutsuki already got pounded its arse by WG so the Normal Torpedo actually do the better job

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Also from the next 1 or 2 patches, it will be impossible for Umikaze to enter a T10 battle due to the anti fail division mechanism.

OOOHHHH, please tell me more....and links please

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Wargaming special weapon Quemapueblos has answered quite a few questions here on Reddit while being absent from stream.

TL;DR

• No big updates for CVs this year, because Wargaming is trying to squeeze in two major updates which will affect CVs “dramatically”. Those being inclusion of bonuses for teamwork actions like spotting, the second being a more responsive UI. “Our goal is a quickness and responsiveness something similair to a fast paced RTS like starcraft.”
  • After the event where NA could win a Mikasa, there’ll be more events (on NA) this year but no confirmation whether other ships will we given out in those.
  • NA team is considering how to offer Kamikaze R / Fujin, no decision yet.
  • Captain skill system is something the devs want to overhaul in the future. These perks should enable more interesting gameplay and not be a one size fits all gameplay option.
  • No Austro-Hungarian ships in 2016.
  • Quemapueblos hints that there might be another ARP ship coming soon-ish.
  • Armorviewer is scheduled for release in “next patch or two”, unless something unforseen happens.
  • Royal Navy cruisers are still on track to be released this year.
  • No ETA for ranked battles season 5 as of now, but they want some competitive mode back up and running (Team Battles maybe?)
  • No new high tier premium IJN ships scheduled for 2016.
  • German destroyers confirmed as last line to be released (hopefully) this year.
  • Wargaming is working on removing fail divisions with the next patch or two.
  • No splits of shiplines this year (CA/CL or BB/BC).

Link

Tell me this isn't fake news.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Link

Tell me this isn't fake news.

really need a sarcasm tag in this forum!!

Sarcasm mode ONOOOHHHH, please tell me more....and links pleaseSarcasm mode OFF

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

bla bla

I am very aware of the fact that supertesters and moderators have more insight about ongoing development. Just felt like I need to post the reference. Nothing to do with sarcasm tag. Thanks for your useless effort though.

403 posts
8,188 battles

one thing that you fail to notice is how "STEALTHY" her torp is

The so called Long lance start from Mutsuki already got pounded its arse by WG so the Normal Torpedo actually do the better job

WG has stated that historical accuracy goes out the window when it prevents game "Balanz", ie, long lance Torps have massive neon headlights that can be seen from the air by carrier planes that are constantly circling you and reporting their positions live to the battleship target 10km away. I am certain that at high tiers (up to tier 9), the IJN cruisers have better torps than DDs

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

WG has stated that historical accuracy goes out the window when it prevents game "Balanz", ie, long lance Torps have massive neon headlights that can be seen from the air by carrier planes that are constantly circling you and reporting their positions live to the battleship target 10km away. I am certain that at high tiers (up to tier 9), the IJN cruisers have better torps than DDs

nah, it cost the range, which turn to be suicidal and situational

(except Atago)

Sign in to follow this