Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Angelusmortis

Blue Line Abuse

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3 posts
518 battles

So it's been awhile since I've played and been on the forums to know any of the goss, but has anything been done about blue line abuse? Just saw it happen in my first game back and it looks like nothing has changed. Or am I supposed to be recording the game and sending screenshots to admins/mods to have something done about it?

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,176 battles

So it's been awhile since I've played and been on the forums to know any of the goss, but has anything been done about blue line abuse? Just saw it happen in my first game back and it looks like nothing has changed. Or am I supposed to be recording the game and sending screenshots to admins/mods to have something done about it?

The line is now white color, and now gives an engine power penalty to those that trespass it. Usually, ships become super sluggish when borderhugging now.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,176 battles

Can the bow of the ship (which is usually over the line) be hit at all? If my memory serves me, when it was over the line, it never received damage if the shots landed

I've torped CVs doing that. Its fine.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,761 battles

Yep, this the rare case of WG coming up with a fair solution to a game mechanic issue. Cannot recall last tine I saw someone that I would say was deliberately blue line humping.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,707 battles

Yes seeing this in game is quite rare, more often its a mistake and with the loss of engine power most tend to shy away from it now.

I have considered this a non major issue for a long time.

True you see the odd player attempt it, but they will be the worse off in the end.

Super Tester
7,762 posts
8,043 battles

Yes seeing this in game is quite rare, more often its a mistake and with the loss of engine power most tend to shy away from it now.

I have considered this a non major issue for a long time.

True you see the odd player attempt it, but they will be the worse off in the end.

I used the blue line for immediate braking to avoid torps, it think using the environment to your advantage is ok? Also it is really hard to do TB drops on borders, you are forced to drop a bit far than you would love. At least it doesn't allow planes to go out of the map, so its good.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,221 battles

Most players i see hit the blue line hit it by accident as they are too busy fighting to take much notice of it and they usually get off it pretty quick. Iv'e only seen a few players actually ride the line to make it more difficult to be hit a few times and when that's the case i make sure to tell them to stop exploiting the line. But on the whole not that many people try to ride the line that i see.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Welcome back, WG made action on it many patches ago(??):

- Everyone can still damage a blue lining ship regardless if its half of the ship is outside the blue line.

- Penalty for hitting & staying in blue line is huge speed reduction & turn speed until the player gets off the line & only then the ship's maneuverability restored to original.

- And yes, it had reduced committing to blue lining as most exploiters realized it doesn't benefit for them anymore. :P

- Everything else, players were not focused on their surroundings to the point they hit the line.

Edited by Mingfang47

Sign in to follow this