Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Dunkerque Secondaries

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

lUpr5wQ.jpg

Not only does Dunkerque have rather beautiful quad-gun main turrets, it also has quad-gun secondary turrets (and a couple of dual ones as well). Tier 6 is certainly packed with interesting battleships.

After checking the stats of these secondary guns, however, my intrigue grew even further. It appears to have the best secondary armament of Tier 6 - beating even the glorious Warspite. At least on paper.

Three quad-gun 130mm turrets (one each side; one centreline rear) and two dual-gun 130mm turrets (one each side). That's a secondary broadside of 10 individual guns, each of which hits for 1900 HE damage coupled with a 9% fire chance every 5 seconds. Scary. Assuming BFT, AFT, and the Secondary Range/Dispersion ship module we get:

250,800 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 7.2 km. 12 fires per minute.

My other favourite secondary-gun brawlers of Tier 6 to compare:

Warspite

199,500 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 7.2 km. 9 fires per minute.

Arizona

190,500 damage per minute, all HE, with a range of 5.8 km. 8 fires per minute.

Of course, the secondary batteries are always limited by the hull they're mounted upon. I suspect that the nature of Dunkerque's design (a thinly-armoured battlecruiser) will see captains avoiding brawling situations whenever possible, unlike the other two which are fantastic brawlers. I'm really looking forward to some gameplay reviews of Dunkerque. Hopefully it'll be a very nice addition to my fleet.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

This is going to be the worst T6 BB in my opinion. Well may be the Germans will be worse than this, who knows. Cause anyone wants to troll dunkek will shoot down the turrets. Secondaries are kinda irreverent at that point. RAMMING SPEED!

563 posts
4,686 battles

This is going to be the worst T6 BB in my opinion. Well may be the Germans will be worse than this, who knows. Cause anyone wants to troll dunkek will shoot down the turrets. Secondaries are kinda irreverent at that point. RAMMING SPEED!

It's a German warspite with better secondaries, armor, speed and concealment

Never underestimate glorious German engineering 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Bayern secondaries aren't as good as those of Dunkerque, and are arguably on par with Warspite. Its main limiting factor is that half of the raw damage output is from Armour Piercing shells, which tend to either bounce or over-penetrate.

Bayern
296,200 damage per minute, 52% HE, 48% AP, with a range of 7.2 km. 11 fires per minute.

Sign in to follow this