You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MiniMisaka

ARP Myoko Challenge

104 comments in this topic

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

oh the memories of "how2get Myoko" when she was first released.........

good thing I ain't taking that route again....

:honoring:

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

kill 30 destroyers :honoring:

the massive killstealing fest of that time is real :D

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

aah, the 30 DD mission, i remember one match when a full HP kiev popped up like 13km from our main fleet, he was dead in 20 seconds, poor bastard never stood chance with 2 derptizs, 1 amagi, 1 atago and 2MK blasting him at the same time :teethhappy:

[LBAS]
4,461 posts
25,606 battles

oh the memories of "how2get Myoko" when she was first released.........

good thing I ain't taking that route again....

Hard-core 30 dds and 300 times set fire

Edited by MatterCore

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

Hard-core 30 dds and 300 times set fire

and the what, 150 or 300 plane kills? that was hard core too, especially when the CV population is so low, good thing i bought a MK, doing all the missions were easy as F in her

[LBAS]
4,461 posts
25,606 battles

and the what, 150 or 300 plane kills? that was hard core too, especially when the CV population is so low, good thing i bought a MK, doing all the missions were easy as F in her

Shoot down 150 planes, its hard but not compare to 300 fires.

205 posts
5,305 battles

Completed. DD mission r bit hard

You would have regretted the first round when we had to kill 30 DDs. Kill stealing, people holding fire until the last moment, stupid game play, cruisers yoloing to caps knowing that a DD is there, etc. That was one frustrating time.

It's this damage model which specifies a particular type of ship to target that sometimes makes game play frustrating. Why not just have multi tier damage missions, like before? Heck, I sometimes catch myself trying to chase down a DD for the damage mission, instead of looking at the minimap and seeing where I'm needed most. I've seen 2 cruisers and 1 BB chasing ! DD till the end of the map! Lol ...  :)

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

You would have regretted the first round when we had to kill 30 DDs. Kill stealing, people holding fire until the last moment, stupid game play, cruisers yoloing to caps knowing that a DD is there, etc. That was one frustrating time.

It's this damage model which specifies a particular type of ship to target that sometimes makes game play frustrating. Why not just have multi tier damage missions, like before? Heck, I sometimes catch myself trying to chase down a DD for the damage mission, instead of looking at the minimap and seeing where I'm needed most. I've seen 2 cruisers and 1 BB chasing ! DD till the end of the map! Lol ...  :)

What u get in first round? I m new so I didnt know bout it, Joined 1st June. Is it the same reward? The mission did make me, deviate from my original gameplay.. normally to win, but sometime to complete the mission ...hmm (only for those dd). Play this game cuz of invitation after purchase of GCard..and addicted to it. Plus I always love to watch Battle of Midway.

205 posts
5,305 battles

What u get in first round? I m new so I didnt know bout it, Joined 1st June. Is it the same reward? The mission did make me, deviate from my original gameplay.. normally to win, but sometime to complete the mission ...hmm (only for those dd). Play this game cuz of invitation after purchase of GCard..and addicted to it. Plus I always love to watch Battle of Midway.

The first round started on January 1st. It was for the ARP Myoko and the ARP Kongo. The missions were pretty tough, and many did not manage to finish them even with the 2-month deadline. It was kill 30 DDs, start 300 fires, plus something else (was it 1 million damage? I forget. I'm old, so I have my excuse, hehe). For the Kongo, it was kill 30 cruisers, shoot down 150 planes, plus something else. The kill stealing and bad game play was horrific.

Since then, we have had missions for Kirishima, Hiei, and now Haruna. Had Kirishima twice already, and we got a free port slot and credits if we already had her. Kongo was available again the last round (and again, if you already had her, you get a free port slot and credits for completing the mission). So, it is a given that the ships will repeat and you will eventually get them all in time. Or as long as the business arrangement between WG and the ARP publishers still hold.

We've also had Ashigara and Haguro. And now Myoko for the second time. Only Nachi is missing. I'd really like that one. The green color goes well with the ARP ships, and I like the Kirishima the best out of all the Kongo sisters.

Of course, the cherry on the cake would be that tsundere cruiser, ARP Takao. Some say that is unlikely coz there is no tech tree counterpart (the Atago is a sister ship of the Takao, but she is a premium). ARP Yamato, ARP Musashi, ARP Nagara, ARP Fletcher, I-401 and her sisters? Probably not, lol.

Edited by Bunda369

930 posts

If I can remember the first missions for the ARP ships:

Kongo required 30 cruiser kills, 150 planes shot down, then 500k damage dealt, and needs a tier V ship above.

Myoko required 30 destroyer kills, 300 fires, then 1m damage dealt, and needs a tier VI ship and above.

I was using carriers back then so the Kongo mission is pretty easy. Thing is I only have carriers (tier VI above) at that time so doing the Myoko mission proved challenging. Challenging, may be hard but not impossible to do, although I do admit I almost went full stupid doing those missions.

Now comparing the current missions from the previous missions, I have to say this one is easier at some way. Back then I have to set quotas so I wont lag behind and miss the rewards. Now it's just a matter of playing normally, shooting or bombing whatever you see, the mission is a secondary objective since you have plenty of time to do it, then you will eventually have it (and with better rewards!)

Edited by IJN_Yura

Super Tester
1,310 posts

the mission this time.

again. hard part is when we have to shoot those DDs.

it tokes me about around 10-15 games. not counting.

most due.... derp play. the dd wont come near. miss shoot. when i used cruisers.

last 30k damage. i jump to takes out my khaba. and she did the job well.

100k damage to BB. hail amagi... 1 game done

50k damage to cv. takes out my ryujo in 122..

heil the old cv sniping game..lulz.. 2 games and done

last part... once again.. thanks amagi :3

being u in the 2nd place of ladder. gives me a ton of credits. (i got 5m++) and another myoko commander(+12)

2 days of casual playing.. pretty easy if we compared it to the first mission ever

it tokes me 5 days of NoLife gaming to get kongo and myoko in ARP collab 1

Edited by ReNation