You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
setsuna84

real ballistic simulation & marking destructible ship part.

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

i would like to take a little idea about real balistic simulation, like in Sniper Elite V2 where winds can effect the ballistic projectile.

better to make into like "hard" mode lol.

also give some marking on the ship that can be destroyed, also give an achievement about that.

like "engine wrecker", or "gun buster" something like that. that perk would be a nice addition to the game.

Beta Tester
42 posts

imo, the wind will not only affects the ballistic projectile from ships, but also the aircraft flying direction.

for my addition to make the battle feel more real, maybe it'll be good to add weather condition to the game, since not all battle are happening in bright, sunny weather.

sometimes it happened in a middle of storm, in a misty night, in a light rain, in a high sea current, or even in a snowy day.

all of these types of weather of course will affect the battle, ship condition, ballistics and its projectiles.

however, I realize that to make all of this is not a simple feat.

Edited by ethrundr

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

imo, the wind will not only affects the ballistic projectile from ships, but also the aircraft flying direction.

for my addition to make the battle feel more real, maybe it'll be good to add weather condition to the game, since not all battle are happening in bright, sunny weather.

sometimes it happened in a middle of storm, in a misty night, in a light rain, in a high sea current, or even in a snowy day.

all of these types of weather of course will affect the battle, ship condition, ballistics and its projectiles.

however, I realize that to make all of this is not a simple feat.

yeahh the weather should effect the map dan gameplay.

it will be more interesting, also the wave should effect the smaller ship to make it less accurate.

since the body cant withstand with the wave that make it shaky and tricky to master it.

that would be much more fun to play.

i only need 3 games to adjust my accuracy, and holaaa... 80%+ accuracy.

need a little more feel of the projectile speed and range it will be 90%+ accuracy.

Edited by setsuna84

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

In last night Q&A with Kazanova's boss (streamed on twitch) it was mentioned that WoWS would most likely see weather effects come into play, as well as possible night games.

More information will come out soon, keep an eye out for it

Beta Tester
301 posts

i would like to take a little idea about real balistic simulation, like in Sniper Elite V2 where winds can effect the ballistic projectile.

better to make into like "hard" mode lol.

also give some marking on the ship that can be destroyed, also give an achievement about that.

like "engine wrecker", or "gun buster" something like that. that perk would be a nice addition to the game.

kindly vote this here please

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/1742-requesting-off-topic-section/

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

If only possible, theres an [ option ] regarding "Manual Firing" with actually setting the angle of guns for more accurate shelling.

i dont think that can make the game fun.

with current gameplay it is already hard enough to mastered by casual gamer.

adding the actual setting of manual angle option is a little harder to implemented.

ASWD button already set for ship controling, and mouse movement for nozzle, left click to fire.

the only choice is using scroll, and it will be hard to use.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Wind shouldn't be that much effect on huge caliber battleship guns, besides didn't WW2 Warships have rangefinders that took into account wind speed/direction to calculate ballistic trajectory?

The only thing wind affected in WW2 was the direction a carrier needed to face to launch their planes and the direction of where cordite smoke screen will travel.

Beta Tester
47 posts
1,837 battles

If ballistics are to be affected by wind then will carriers have to turn into headwind to launch planes as well? Because looking too much into the effects of wind sounds like opening a can of worms to me.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

If you add wind into the game, you are opening a whole can of worms best left.

IF you add wind for ballistics, then you have to use wind for carriers, as well as laying smoke.

How many of you what to learn that? I know how to do it, it takes about 2 minutes to work it out, get your ship on the required course and speed.

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

yeah, wind and weather effect will change the gameplay pretty much for tactical and strategy, if it really implement into the game :P

especially for team/division battle.
i will suggest this as a "hard" mode or veteran mode.
as the gameplay will hugely need a deep tactical setup and strategies.

for illustration, this feature can go like this:
before the game, each team will have a brifieng room + time to discuss tactic and strategy.
and the map will be randomly choose by server or select by room master.
then each team can manually place each ship in start position in their own turf.
weather information will available at this phase, and can change randomly in the middle of the game to make it unpredictable.
i think this element will make the gameplay pretty much fun and give chances to overturn situation even for the losing side if they can exploit the weather advantage.

Edited by setsuna84

Beta Tester
47 posts
1,837 battles

yeah, wind and weather effect will change the gameplay pretty much for tactical and strategy, if it really implement into the game :P

especially for team/division battle.

i will suggest this as a "hard" mode or veteran mode.

as the gameplay will hugely need a deep tactical setup and strategies.

for illustration, this feature can go like this:

before the game, each team will have a brifieng room + time to discuss tactic and strategy.

and the map will be randomly choose by server or select by room master.

then each team can manually place each ship in start position in their own turf.

weather information will available at this phase, and can change randomly in the middle of the game to make it unpredictable.

i think this element will make the gameplay pretty much fun and give chances to overturn situation even for the losing side if they can exploit the weather advantage.

In addition to this captains will constantly be communicating with each other to ensure that the strike force achieves its objectives.

The mode could even be hugely realistic - perhaps bordering on realism with players given compass, pencil and protractor tools in the strategic overview to do their calculations and ensure their ships proceed on optimal heading to do the most damage to enemy ships. 

Players would have to estimate the parameters of enemy ships as well as the windspeed to key into a computer of sorts to obtain the targeting data they need.

This would definitely make the game much deeper, complex and challenging for veteran players.

...Unfortunately such a mode - even without the overly realistic aspects, doesn't seem to be congruent with the design decisions made to this game, given that it is on the "arcade" end of the spectrum as compared to realistic.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

WoWS is after all in its core a "Point and Shoot" game, adding too many variables to take into account in such a fast pace game will be mental overload for anyone playing. (I mean since when does the captain physical aims the guns :P)

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

WoWS is after all in its core a "Point and Shoot" game, adding too many variables to take into account in such a fast pace game will be mental overload for anyone playing. (I mean since when does the captain physical aims the guns :P)

^ this, because mechanics of WoWs is just nearly the same of WoT...........

(unless if that "other game" releases its naval version...we'll see about if that suggestion can be applied over there)

:honoring:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I think you guys are over thinking this.

Many of the suggestions are going far beyond this game 

The mode could even be hugely realistic - perhaps bordering on realism with players given compass, pencil and protractor tools in the strategic overview to do their calculations and ensure their ships proceed on optimal heading to do the most damage to enemy ships. 

It took me 3 months of training and 21 years of service in the R.A.N. to do this efficiently and effectively. I got to the point where I could look at the Radar screen and estimate course, speed and intercept. (and yes, I know how to, and have done, Navigate a Warship) 

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

lol, i will not go that far to play the game.
the weather effect i suggest is only apply on tactical lvl, not for navigating and else.
it will give element of surprise and more deep teamplay.
rather than current gameplay, just turn around and shoot'em up.

Edited by setsuna84

Beta Tester
47 posts
1,837 battles

Was not sure about the desired degree of realism desired but my final point - that opening the proverbial can of worms does not seem to coincide with the design decisions seen so far, still stands I believe.

I was thinking that, going down this train of thought, many things could be done in the realistic department, but it would not see light given the nature of the game. Which, in my opinion, is not exactly a bad thing either. 

One thing that could be considered, if WoWS is to change up from WoT's formula of 'point n click', could be the provision of main turret groupings to allow proficient players to hit multiple targets and prevent unecessary movement of the rear turrets (which might result in increased time taken to line up the next shot). Not sure how much of a bother this might prove to be though. 

Edited by Hakurouken

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

from what we have experience, me and my friends already agree that this is not WoT version of ships.

many of them said this after played WoWs last weekend "WoT too boring now" "when WoWs will up soon".

also we agree on yesterday survey that this game is ready to release but with some polishing.

weather effect is the one we discuss more and excited if they really bring it into the game.

community feature is needed to, like chat room, guild/clan, PM, mail, friendlist, etc.

quest/objective, achievement, title, sparepart upgrading, etc.

this is some of improvement they can try.

Edited by setsuna84

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles
Just a reminder folks, before you reveal any specific detail about the game, that this thread is in the open section.

Beta Tester
70 posts
991 battles

i suggests night battle and new camera mode 

At least a feature of Night Battle would suffice our eyes.. ^_^

Beta Tester
15 posts
89 battles

Just a reminder folks, before you reveal any specific detail about the game, that this thread is in the open section.

no problem mod, we only talk about the general and our imaginary version of WoWs not current in-game detail lol.