Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Silencer

AA too powerful

13 comments in this topic

1 post
6,282 battles

This is for tier 6+ carriers.

My division mate plays in cvs, and one thing that we've noticed (I have a zuiho) is that AA from tier 6 and up kills everything, now i know that because the current patches have forced the cv players to become better, so weakening AA won't work, aircraft should be noticeably faster, tier 10 aircraft should not go 180 knots, they should be going 200-300 knots, so while AA still being powerful, it gives cvs a fighting chance. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

This is for tier 6+ carriers.

My division mate plays in cvs, and one thing that we've noticed (I have a zuiho) is that AA from tier 6 and up kills everything, now i know that because the current patches have forced the cv players to become better, so weakening AA won't work, aircraft should be noticeably faster, tier 10 aircraft should not go 180 knots, they should be going 200-300 knots, so while AA still being powerful, it gives cvs a fighting chance. 

not all tier 6 is a plane killer, even Myoko in tier 7, dont have the ability to wipe out planes like cleaveland...

General rule of thumb.

Be careful bombing anyone above your tier.

Also dont bomb Clevelands, you will never touch them.

yup... so saatisfying to see 2 TB, 1 DB, and 1 FT came in, and vanish after i start my AA barage!!! 16 ribbon added :P

563 posts
4,686 battles

Bomb as quickly as you can, if your target is aware of your groups and start maneuvering, go for other targets. Less time you stay above enemy AA = less plane casualties.

And when any high tier cruiser start defensive AA, move your plane away.. ASAP

also don't bother attacking BB with 60+ AA rating with mid tier aircraft 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Bomb as quickly as you can, if your target is aware of your groups and start maneuvering, go for other targets. Less time you stay above enemy AA = less plane casualties.

And when any high tier cruiser start defensive AA, move your plane away.. ASAP

also don't bother attacking BB with 60+ AA rating with mid tier aircraft 

that is why you turn off your A first, lure them in, start the AA, target with CTRL and press that Barage AA button :red_button:

Edited by XP_On

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

If we are being honest here, there is a big jump in AA firepower from T6 onwards. 

If you land in a bottom tier match, make the most of it and select your targets very carefully. Usually, this involves whacking DDs.

AA is strong relative to T6-T8 CVs, but is otherwise fine against T9-T10 CVs. CVs get a huge jump in power from T8-T9.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

The reason why AA is so powerful is because you're stuck with Tier 4 Planes from Housho to Hiryu. Yup, 1200  HP planes for four tiers. Not only this, but the bugged AA easily shoots down your planes in the first tick. Coupled with the AA buffs from the last few patches making BBs have basically a cruiser's barrage on 24/7. Right now NoCar's AA is extremely overpowered and you will lose 16/16 bombers if you attack it too, even with T9 planes.

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles

not all tier 6 is a plane killer, even Myoko in tier 7, dont have the ability to wipe out planes like cleaveland...

Ha ha don't cheat with cheatland

Deal with it

Edited by MatterCore

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

The reason why AA is so powerful is because you're stuck with Tier 4 Planes from Housho to Hiryu. Yup, 1200  HP planes for four tiers. Not only this, but the bugged AA easily shoots down your planes in the first tick. Coupled with the AA buffs from the last few patches making BBs have basically a cruiser's barrage on 24/7. Right now NoCar's AA is extremely overpowered and you will lose 16/16 bombers if you attack it too, even with T9 planes.

The Hosho has the T4 B4Y, the Zuiho to Hiryu have the T6 B5N2. Hosho gets weaker TBs.

Anyways, never attack NCs and above unless you have T9+ planes. They get shredded otherwise.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Atlanta..that one also deadly AA, I lure enemy fighter there, My FF shoot down 1 plane Atlanta kill 7 in seconds.. like 5 seconds i think. That is my 1 FF group vs 2 enemy FF group. Is it suppose to be like that? Scary!

205 posts
5,305 battles

After seal clubbing at T4 and T5, I can see why the more respectable AA from T6 onwards can be a jarring experience. I'm a cruiser main myself, but I have heard that dedicated CV players learn to adapt by going after specific weaker AA targets (i.e. IJN BBs), or wait till later in the game when AA has been weakened a bit by HE during battle. Or they just stack their strike squadrons so that at least some planes will survive and get their strike in. Here is where the IJN CV outmatches the USN CV at higher tiers.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,987 battles

After seal clubbing at T4 and T5, I can see why the more respectable AA from T6 onwards can be a jarring experience. I'm a cruiser main myself, but I have heard that dedicated CV players learn to adapt by going after specific weaker AA targets (i.e. IJN BBs), or wait till later in the game when AA has been weakened a bit by HE during battle. Or they just stack their strike squadrons so that at least some planes will survive and get their strike in. Here is where the IJN CV outmatches the USN CV at higher tiers.

IJN BBs have decent AA for their tier after buffs, so its not entirely advisable to go after them if they are not alone or if they are a higher tier than your planes.

Instead, CV players target DDs now.

Sign in to follow this