You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Imbalance between IJN and USN ships.

23 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

The balancing between IJN and USN is getting borderline IJN biased. Today we will look at statistic between IJN and USN ships. We will be using https://eu.warships.today/vehicles as reference. Data will be collected from the EU server in order to minimize national bias which is rampant in the US and this Square speaking server. 
We will start with aircraft carrier data. Especially win rate 
Order is from high to low

1. Saipan:  54.03%
2. Hakuryu  53.13%
3. Zuiho  52.98%
4. Hosho 52.32%
5. Shokaku 52.20%
6. Hiryu  52.12%
7. Ryujo 51.99%

8. Midway

51.77%
9.Taiho 51.60%
10. Essex 49.67%
11. Lexington 48.49%
12. Independence 48.46%
13. Ranger 48.13%
14. Langley 47.61%
15. Bouge 47.40%

Welcome to War Gaming's idea of "balanced" and I am not surprised at this statistic. War Gaming completely disregard the fact that USN aircraft carriers are extremely under powered (minus Saipan) and is lazy. IJN CV have been overpowered for an extremely long amount of time now and during this time War Gaming showed NO Effort to balancing aircraft carrier. It is disgusting how unbalanced IJN and USN aircraft carriers are as of the moment. The fact that all IJN carriers (except for Taiho) have a higher win rate than the Midway is unacceptable and I want War Gaming to get their shit together and balance aircraft carriers instead of keep on releasing new missions and premium ships.

We will now look at Cruisers, again, we are looking at win rate
I am not able to type the entire statistic for all cruisers down. However, looking at the stats on the website there's a clear trend. It's Russian bias but that's not what we are here for. 
Non premium IJN cruisers have a higher win rate than there USN counter part except for tier 3,5 and 6. XP wise. US cruisers only out exp IJN cruisers in tier 4, 9 and 10. Only 3/10 tiers.

Next is battleships
Battleships between the two nations are also pretty unbalanced. Data tables do not include premium ships since most players are free 2 play

Tier 4 battleships

Wyoming 49.30%
Myogi  47.34%

Tier 5, 

Kongo 49.82%
New York  47.87%

Tier 6 

Fuso 51.82%
New Mexico 50.23%

Tier 7

Nagato 50.63%
Colorado 49.08%

Tier 8

Amagi 52.23%
North Carolina 49.85%

Tier 9

Iowa 49.84%
Izumo 49.26%

Tier 10

Yamato  52.91%
Montana 50.47%

Again. US BBs only perform better than IJN BBs at tier 4 and 9. 
Also

View PostTeostra, on 02 August 2016 - 02:12 AM, said:

balancing reason, in real life american ships are far more accurate than their japanese counterpart due to radar guided fire control while having more AA armaments and better turret traverse, there would be no point playing IJN anymore right?

I hope that you are looking at this.
Not surprised. Poor balancing by War Gaming again. I really wonder how a WW1 battleship have better accuracy than a WW2 battleship. War Gaming... :amazed:

The only line that isn't too badly unbalanced is the destroyer line. 
Tier 2-5 IJN destroyers have higher WR than USN destroyer which is unsurprising. Oh, the seal clubber (Clemson) have the lower win rate among all 3 destroyers... I thought that it was good. Tier 6 and beyond is Russian bias followed by US ships and IJN DD perform the worst. Finally, a line where IJN ships do not out perform USN ship.

Well, you folks have the data. There's absolute no excuse as to why IJN ships are so damn good in this game. Aircraft carriers are 100% IJN biased, absolutely no denying that. BB and CA/CL balancing is pretty bad as well and IJN ships are out performing most USN ships. Thank god that IJN DD are also not outperforming US ships at higher tier. Phew. 

A more worrying issue though
Looking at the data. 
It's going to be Russian bias as well.

168 posts
5,685 battles

Yeah well my interest in WoWS waned dramatically when they released all those OP Russian ships and kept the RN on the back burner.

I can count on one finger the number of significant early 20th century naval actions the Russians took part in, and even less for those where they were a danger to anybody.

Not sure what genre this game is any more. Alternative history perhaps.

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

But if you take a look at EU and RU servers, and in some cases NA server statistics, you will often find the opposite win rate situation for some of the said ships as well. You also need to know that stat pages do not track all games, and take the number of games played in the ships. The ships that are played more will have a win rate very close to 50%.

Anyway, I only care about my win rate in the ships I use. Server can go to hell heaven if it wants.

265 posts
799 battles

2mwhvo.jpg

Seriously tho. US Navy is just as powerful as their Kaigun counterpart, in CA/CL, DD, or BB department (still a deckscrubber CAG so I won't comment on CVs)

Edited by adnadi

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I would be convinced if the difference in the BBs was 10 or maybe even 7 percent.

But the biggest difference there was not even 3%.

Three percent, hold on to your hats everyone, cos that's a big fat stuff all.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I would be convinced if the difference in the BBs was 10 or maybe even 7 percent.

But the biggest difference there was not even 3%.

Three percent, hold on to your hats everyone, cos that's a big fat stuff all.

One could even argue the difference is within the margin of error, therefore, it's possible the USN BB's are actually superior in some tiers.

Gotsta have a margin of error.:popcorn:

450 posts
7,896 battles

the CV can be a bit more balance by increasing the service time for the IJN CVs. 

The IJN planes fly in the sky like locus.

I killed a squad then another come.

If I lose a squad, I am pretty much done 

563 posts
4,686 battles

I feel sad looking at Bogue's pathetic stats.. From 47% wr.. And most importantly the awfully awful 20k average damage in this server.. It's a bloody aircraft carrier doing less damage than some destroyer. That alone shows how many scrubs play fighter loadout yet failed to do their job and just become a big minus point for the team.

IJN CV is more flexible then USN yet many player just go fighter which make USN CV become even less flexible. That's what make USN CV looks bad

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

Why did you compare win rates from all time?

You should narrow down your data if you want to compare stats for the current meta.

Well I must say IJNDD and USNCV are just free exp floating around in the current meta.

Yes you can do well in them, but the opponent must be fairly bad to do so.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Basing it on all-time stats isn't really a good idea, to be honest - due to all the various gameplay changes that have occurred over the past year. Use the 2-week stats (warships.today has an option). Apart from CVs, USN ships are usually within 1-2% winrate compared to the other nations, both better and weaker. It's reasonably well-balanced, except for the CV matchups.

265 posts
799 battles

Also, you can narrow down stats among top 5% player, you will be surprised to see how close they are.

Remind me why we balance ships for top 5% of players only?

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Remind me why we balance ships for top 5% of players only?

We don't balance anything. That is WoWs' dev team's task. Top 5% are usually the ones who know how to use a ship. And in case you misunderstood me, I never said we should.

265 posts
799 battles

We don't balance anything. That is WoWs' dev team's task. Top 5% are usually the ones who know how to use a ship. And in case you misunderstood me, I never said we should.

Hmmm... Noted. It's just some debate from the other RTS game title forum. Someone questions the balance of low-to-mid tier play while all hi tier play stats suggested the game is well balanced

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

only ship line that is REALLY broken is the USN CA/CL line and USN CV, other then that, all lines have just as much a equal chance of beating each other down as the rest

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

OP only plays carriers if I recall so of course he is going to compare Carriers and complain the entire USN is underpowered...

Battleships are fairly balanced as all the Battleships save Montanna are fairly evenly balanced in their characteristics, and I myself am up to tier 8 in USN BB's and only 6 in IJN

USN destroyers are currently very very good, the Poor Japanese have to deal with the tier 6 Mutsuki, Tier 7 hatsuharu and Tier 9 Kagero, which are woefully outclassed by their US counterparts and even struggle somewhat against the Russians

Cruisers are a bit iffy at the moment, I have no issues with the Pensacola and New Orleans, but they are definitely not newbie friendly, and the Baltimore isn't its its cracked up to be I hear. but the Des Moines sounds like shes worth it

Edit: Kagero not shimakaze at tier 9

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

OP only plays carriers if I recall so of course he is going to compare Carriers and complain the entire USN is underpowered...

Battleships are fairly balanced as all the Battleships save Montanna are fairly evenly balanced in their characteristics, and I myself am up to tier 8 in USN BB's and only 6 in IJN

USN destroyers are currently very very good, the Poor Japanese have to deal with the tier 6 Mutsuki, Tier 7 hatsuharu and Tier 9 Shimakaze, which are woefully outclassed by their US counterparts and even struggle somewhat against the Russians

Cruisers are a bit iffy at the moment, I have no issues with the Pensacola and New Orleans, but they are definitely not newbie friendly, and the Baltimore isn't its its cracked up to be I hear. but the Des Moines sounds like shes worth it

Although it is totally my opinion, great IJN BBs start from Tier 7 and for USN it starts from Tier 6, and yes, Montana is better than Yamato in almost every aspect. Yes Yamato has tough armor and heavy shells, but Montana is tough too, and no one matches the firepower that Montana can put up. The sheer throw velocity is enough to kill anything that is not a broadside Yamato. And after recent buffs, good luck lol penning an angled Montana. Oh, and lets not forget the no fly zone that Montana creates around her. If you do the same thing in both Montana and Yamato, Montana will gain a lot more exp than Yamato (for some reason idk why) with less repair costs as well. Haven't really played the USN cruisers much, but from my understanding USN CAs depend on agility while IJNs excel in well planned heavy hitting.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Although it is totally my opinion, great IJN BBs start from Tier 7 and for USN it starts from Tier 6, and yes, Montana is better than Yamato in almost every aspect. Yes Yamato has tough armor and heavy shells, but Montana is tough too, and no one matches the firepower that Montana can put up. The sheer throw velocity is enough to kill anything that is not a broadside Yamato. And after recent buffs, good luck lol penning an angled Montana. Oh, and lets not forget the no fly zone that Montana creates around her. If you do the same thing in both Montana and Yamato, Montana will gain a lot more exp than Yamato (for some reason idk why) with less repair costs as well. Haven't really played the USN cruisers much, but from my understanding USN CAs depend on agility while IJNs excel in well planned heavy hitting.

Have you seen Flamu's 10 Yamatos vs 10 Montanna Battle? Its glorious and hilarious but shows how outclassed the Montana is even with bots at the helm

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Have you seen Flamu's 10 Yamatos vs 10 Montanna Battle? Its glorious and hilarious but shows how outclassed the Montana is even with bots at the helm

Yes I have seen that. Wows is sadly not like that. And still then Montana had no problem killing semi broadside Yamatos. Play style is different, so comparing them solely based on if they can kill each other is kinda lame. (In my opinion of course). There are stuffs like that in almost every tier, Kongo vs NY should be Kongo's win, Fuso vs New Mex should be New Mex win, Nagato vs Lolorado, Nagato easy win, Amagi vs NC is kinda player dependent, Iowa vs Izumo is for Iowa and Montana vs Yamato is for Yamato. But all of these ships are good ships.