You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

New ARP Missions for Haruna and Myoko

14 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/wows_arpeggio_collab7/

The Haruna mission is no brainer, but Myoko seems a bit tough for me since I don't play DD or CV. I just hope I can make it.

But the thing that bothers me is, soon I will have double ARP captains than I have ARP ships at this rate.

359 posts
2,819 battles

But the thing that bothers me is, soon I will have double ARP captains than I have ARP ships at this rate.

From now on you will receive capt slot with capt. So it won't eat your reserve anymore. But yeah, I did have two Iona in reserve, some has three.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

From now on you will receive capt slot with capt. So it won't eat your reserve anymore. But yeah, I did have two Iona in reserve, some has three.

I know that, and it has been always like that. I just don't like duplicate stuffs. That's all.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

'100000 damage to enemy destroyers' heyyyyy cleve baby I never said I was gonna sell you (jokes lol probs use Des Moines for that mission) or budyonny since the arcs are better than cleve. Rip cleve 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

'100000 damage to enemy destroyers' heyyyyy cleve baby I never said I was gonna sell you (jokes lol probs use Des Moines for that mission) or budyonny since the arcs are better than cleve. Rip cleve 

That's not hard if you play any frontline ships.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

That's not hard if you play any frontline ships.

but DD have little HP so you need to shoot more of them. The CA shooting and BB shooting missions won't take long

556 posts
8,197 battles

Not too fussed about getting Myoko but my current Haruna commander is ship less. Not that it matters because the reward for her challenge awards Haruna again with a generous 10 points.

403 posts
8,185 battles

CV killing will be difficult though, since CVs are really rare, unless you, *gasp* play CV

Sigh, looks like I will be running strike Independence for a while

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

CV killing will be difficult though, since CVs are really rare, unless you, *gasp* play CV

Eh, div with one to ensure one in enemy. Easy.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Pls div with me :trollface:

Edited by Harpoon01

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,869 battles

The Haruna challenge 500,000 damage seems easier to achieve than the previous Kongo (800,000 plus top5 exp) or Hiei (total 650,000) ones.

The new Myoko for 350,000 dam + top5 exp looks harder with specific damage requirements than the previous Ashigara for 1,300,000 total dam + top 5 exp.

It would be much easier if the damage wasn't staged sequentially across different types of ships.

At Tier6+ destroyers are tricky little buggers to hit and as previously pointed out CVs are getting harder to see in games these days. My AA hull Nurnberg rarely plays against a CV.

Towards the end of August I expect everyone will be racing to the back of maps hunting CVs. I wonder if WG will put on missions about that time to encourage the use of CVs ?

I see there is a contest to lure more CVs into the game till mid Aug :

Assault Gauntlet Specials #4: "The Great Turkey Shoot"

Event start: 29 July 2016 at 19:00 SGT - Event end: 11 August 2016 at 19:00 SGT

9a0290c6-3aea-11e5-8929-000c29ca62ad.png

Mechanics:        

• Open to all "Carriers" in Random Battles.
  • Players must receive the achievement "Clear Skies" in a battle in order to qualify for the event. 
  • Winners list will be determined by having the most damage done for placement on the list. 
  • Post the Unedited Screen shot of the battle result displaying both total damage done and the required achievement must be posted in the appropriate forum thread to qualify.

Prizes: 1000 doubloons + 3 days premium (1st -5th winners)

Players ranked 1 to 5 by most damage done in battle among contestants.

• 300 doubloons + 1 day premium (6th -25th winners)

moved contest details to quote to clarify use of red ink.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking