You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Should I buy Atago?

19 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

So I was doing the IJN missions with the ARP Myoko and I really enjoyed it (was never a fan of IJN CA) so I was wondering if I should buy the Atago (after I get Scharnhorst of course) since the Atago is kinda like a beefed up Myoko

can anyone do a review for me or just give me some general comparison? I don't want to buy a premium just to realise I hate it

things I know: it has repair party, crappy AA, good torp arcs and big cit

please tell me more about this ship and how it is played, I really don't feel like keeping the Myoko in port when I unlock it (because reasons)

599 posts
7,578 battles

Atago is a Mogami "C" hull premium ship

It got heal unlike mogami

More health than mogami 

Reload is quite slow,traverse speed is [content removed] 

Big citadel and torpedo tubes mostly will be damaged easily if you show ur midship for too long

Inappropriate (cancer reference). Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Isn't this not a good enough reason?

yTW1PgU.png

:P

I quite like Atago. Basically I play it like a T8 version of Myoko. So if you liked Myoko I'd say get Atago :)

edit: why do i get the feeling i might get red crayons thrown at me for that gif lol...........ok i changed it xD

Edited by ADM_dude

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Isn't this not a good enough reason?

p9uSW7M.gif

:P

I quite like Atago. Basically I play it like a T8 version of Myoko. So if you liked Myoko I'd say get Atago :)

:hmm: 29 sec torret tuen and 16 sec reload... not bad but I am not sure

if Takao mission will require Atago then surely I am getting her XD

Edited by FenrirApalis

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I wish nguyen was here to promote Atago to you

Good enough armor to face on anything but Yamato

Unique torp launcher angle

Fast turret turn speed

Good speed

Powerful HE shells

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I wish nguyen was here to promote Atago to you

Sadly he never have Atago :trollface:

All and all i think Atago is the best Tier 8 CA in term of independent action and solo play with aggressive play style.

Good concealment

Good HE/AP

Good Torpedoes

Good Rudder shift/turning

Have Healing ability

Down side are kinda mediocre firing range (which not that bad) lack of AA (which you can just AA barrage) so so armor (then u WASD hack with good rudder) and wood rudder that get disable so easy (this should be only real down side lol)

Im really on the side of if you grinding IJN CA just get it, im not often playing Atago cuz my main CA is Russian and i rather grind my captain than just playing Atago for no reason.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Yes.

good for grind your IJN ca captain

has best torpedo arc for all ijn heavy cruisers

best surface concealment for heavy cruisers can invisi torpedo drop with concealment expert

best turret traverse for IJN CA

good for grinding credits

tier 8 damage repair kit.

good HE damage. blast those DD to smithereens while saying PANKAPANAN in their face

her HE are also good against CA and BB. i saw someone score over 10k damage against angled target only with HE.

and best reason for getting atago: PANPAKAPAN!

Edited by yansuki

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I sense red crayon on that reply

mlg guess right there lel

anyways I might buy her when she goes on special or when I go back to China (apparently my relatives are gonna give me a citadel ton of money :amazed:?)

Edited by FenrirApalis

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I got Atago 2-3 days ago, haven't played her yet. I am too broke to buy upgrades for her. What are the recommended upgrade for each slot?

main armament module. with this i never experience getting my guns destroyed

accuracy module

- crit on rudders. atago has quite vulnerable rudder. there are times they get knock out easily so this module is useful with her

acceleration module. atago has decent ruddershift so acceleration is better.

concealment bring down your surface detect ability down to 10.5

69 posts
8,828 battles

So I was doing the IJN missions with the ARP Myoko and I really enjoyed it (was never a fan of IJN CA) so I was wondering if I should buy the Atago (after I get Scharnhorst of course) since the Atago is kinda like a beefed up Myoko

can anyone do a review for me or just give me some general comparison? I don't want to buy a premium just to realise I hate it

things I know: it has repair party, crappy AA, good torp arcs and big cit

please tell me more about this ship and how it is played, I really don't feel like keeping the Myoko in port when I unlock it (because reasons)

In tier 8 battle, you rarely see without Atago, which approves its quality. Apart from game, Atago class is my favorite CA class, but unfortunately, its too popular in the game so that I still didnt buy it, as I like using the unpopular ship like Krasny Krym or Yubari. But if you dont mind using the same ship as others do, then I am sure its a good choice.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

In tier 8 battle, you rarely see without Atago, which approves its quality. Apart from game, Atago class is my favorite CA class, but unfortunately, its too popular in the game so that I still didnt buy it, as I like using the unpopular ship like Krasny Krym or Yubari. But if you dont mind using the same ship as others do, then I am sure its a good choice.

It's Takao class btw

its also my favourite ship to shoot at I did not just say that

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I love Atago.

To me it seems superior to the free to play ships of the same class and tier, even when the free ships are fully upgraded.

And that's not common.

I played one game in mine the other day after weeks of not playing and torpedoed a Dudpitz, from 100% health to sunk.

Priceless.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

That's why we keep telling WG to give Repair party to Mogami (or buff her somehow)

For the damn reasons above

Edited by Harpoon01

450 posts
7,896 battles

She is an Improved version of Myoko and Mogami which cost real money.

I found that she is a pretty fun ship to shoot (at). 

Edited by Sammuell