You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Why does the matchmaker make games like this?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I was in que for this battle for 15 seconds, why did it even happen at all?

ATTvTJI.jpg

By the way love being in North Carolina, be pointed straight at yamato and he hits my citadel twice, my shots do 0 dmg into his side armour. 

so fun, thanks for the 2 tier split.... the challenge... it.... it makes me a gud player i swear... 

I can't imagine having to fight ships between the tiers 7-9, that would be so horrible.

can you guys imagine that?

Nah give me this all day please, thanks match maker you do well....

cxeJXV0.jpg

1gsTo43.jpg

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

oh wtf another one, thats two within 4 battles that have been [content removed], tell me the match maker is not broken. these ques are 15 seconds long wtf why are the battles starting?

p0AJNEF.jpg

this crap combined with the 2 tier split really kills the fun fast.

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

If you think Fuso in a T8 match is bad, wait till you get a New Mex in T8. However, don't play high tiers when there are less than 3K players. Never a good idea.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

If you think Fuso in a T8 match is bad, wait till you get a New Mex in T8. However, don't play high tiers when there are less than 3K players. Never a good idea.

i have both lol new mexico is a joke when it gets tier 8 mm but no, everyone seems to insist that the 2 tier split is a good thing because like 1 or 2 ships can cope with it, someone will soon say something along the lines of "the 2 tier split gives me a challenge, if it didnt exist id never have times where i kill noobs in my low tier ship because they have no brains"

nevermind someone finding an explanation for the matches with few people no one will find one all the other matches i have had tonight have been like this

3jAEhC3.jpg

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

i have both lol new mexico is a joke when it gets tier 8 mm but no, everyone seems to insist that the 2 tier split is a good thing because like 1 or 2 ships can cope with it, someone will soon say something along the lines of "the 2 tier split gives me a challenge, if it didnt exist id never have times where i kill noobs in my low tier ship because they have no brains"

nevermind someone finding an explanation for the matches with few people no one will find one all the other matches i have had tonight have been like this

3jAEhC3.jpg

Well, don't get me wrong (I am not very experienced as well, mostly average scrub), I do not think 2 tier split is the main problem here. Selecting the map and game mode is more problematic in my opinion. For example, a team with 2 IJN CV vs 2 USN CV on the enemy. Or all torpboats vs all gunboats. Or, standard battle with lots of DDs and domination with 1 or 2 DDs. Team with no DDs at all.

I wont really say a 2 tier split is a challenging stuff, most of the people say that just to troll the ranting posts. But, I really have no opinion on that either. Since I will play whatever game the throws at me, rant in my mind and queue up for the next. 

Anyway, what is the problem with the last MM screenshot? It seems perfectly fine to me.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Well, don't get me wrong (I am not very experienced as well, mostly average scrub), I do not think 2 tier split is the main problem here. Selecting the map and game mode is more problematic in my opinion. For example, a team with 2 IJN CV vs 2 USN CV on the enemy. Or all torpboats vs all gunboats. Or, standard battle with lots of DDs and domination with 1 or 2 DDs. Team with no DDs at all.

I wont really say a 2 tier split is a challenging stuff, most of the people say that just to troll the ranting posts. But, I really have no opinion on that either. Since I will play whatever game the throws at me, rant in my mind and queue up for the next. 

Anyway, what is the problem with the last MM screenshot? It seems perfectly fine to me.

Nah the problem is the match maker sets matches off after 15 seconds, idk why the que time has to be so short when the loading screen alone is 45 seconds...

In contrast world of tanks match maker averages about a minute and a hell of a lot more people play that game, why is the match maker being so rushed?

2 tier split is just something i complain about every time i make a thread lol, im a good player and i hate it, i can't imagine how much bad players hate it and have their fun in this game ruined by it.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

like what the others said, dont play high tiers when the server population is at 1k-3k, its not worth your time.

This is what happens when i play in the early morning

shot-16.03.01_22.19.12-0699_zpstdupusg8.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

like what the others said, dont play high tiers when the server population is at 1k-3k, its not worth your time.

This is what happens when i play in the early morning

shot-16.03.01_22.19.12-0699_zpstdupusg8.

And was your que 15 seconds long?

My guess is yes because all of mine are... this would never happen if the ques were 30 second - a minute there is absolutely no reason for them to be 15 seconds long causing this crap.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

My guess is yes because all of mine are... this would never happen if the ques were 30 second - a minute there is absolutely no reason for them to be 15 seconds long causing this crap.

You do know that your complaints regarding to MM just because you dont like it its not gonna change anything just by posting in the forum? Its good enough that people in here giving you advice about how to overcome it, just dont play high tiers with that sort of population cap, why are you so insisting on playing high tiers early in the morning? just wait till afternoon-evening for better high tier gameplay composition. Is that such a difficult task to achieve?

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

You do know that your complaints regarding to MM just because you dont like it its not gonna change anything just by posting in the forum? Its good enough that people in here giving you advice about how to overcome it, just dont play high tiers with that sort of population cap, why are you so insisting on playing high tiers early in the morning? just wait till afternoon-evening for better high tier gameplay composition. Is that such a difficult task to achieve?

Good attitude, never mention anything thats broken in the game so it never gets fixed.

Many things have changed in this game because people spoke about them on the forums.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Good attitude, never mention anything thats broken in the game so it never gets fixed.

Many things have changed in this game because people spoke about them on the forums.

What you just mention in this forum is something that only you as an individual can solve it, not WG. This problem is due to your play-time in this game, not the MM mechanics. Oh, and since we're talking about 'many things have changed in this game because people spoke about them on the forums', maybe you should consider strengthening your claim by playing more battles, as less than 1k battles is insufficient for a claim.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

What you just mention in this forum is something that only you as an individual can solve it, not WG. This problem is due to your play-time in this game, not the MM mechanics. Oh, and since we're talking about 'many things have changed in this game because people spoke about them on the forums', maybe you should consider strengthening your claim by playing more battles, as less than 1k battles is insufficient for a claim.

No its due to the match maker having 15 second que times instead of waiting 30 seconds for 10 more people to press battle.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

No its due to the match maker having 15 second que times instead of waiting 30 seconds for 10 more people to press battle.

and like what the others said, just don't play high tiers when there's less than 3k people on the server. What's so difficult about that?

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

and like what the others said, just don't play high tiers when there's less than 3k people on the server. What's so difficult about that?

Or they could fix the match maker so it waits longer to make battles.

putting your opinion in caps won't make me accept it lol.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

ikr... I don't understand why dev have to design the mm in this way, this must be improved. Unfortunately not now because there are more important stuff.

And well, some [content removed] will start complaining when dev simply make the queue time longer.

Derogatory.  Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

ikr... I don't understand why dev have to design the mm in this way, this must be improved. Unfortunately not now because there are more important stuff.

Like what?

does it take all of wargamings resources to fiddle with the match makers settings lol?

they didnt change it at all last patch, they could have they just didnt.

these things were supposed to be sorted out in CBT, then never were, they were supposed to be solved in OBT, then never were, now the same excuse still remains. "more important things to do"

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

sigh

The answer to MM is simple, if you want less tier spread, go play Co-Op, that's what it is there for, If you want a challenge, stay in randoms with +/- 2 tier spread, where you are rewarded for taking down the higher tier ship.

The only reason players complain about the tier spread is they want to grind lines faster, and you do that by getting wins, which are easier to do in a +/- 1 tier spread!!

Before you try argue the point, WG sets the spread by the data collected through the game play, and currently, the 2 tier spread shows a happy average.

Maybe in the future this will change, but new lines and countries will have to be added first, along with new modes.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,390 battles

Like what?

does it take all of wargamings resources to fiddle with the match makers settings lol?

Then this is up to the WG, not me. Anyway I am sure game balancing is the priority.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

sigh

yes that works if you play tier 8 ships in co op provided no one has qued in a tier 10 ship.

Plus co op is no fun, this is an online game if i wanted to shoot at AI ships id build something in from the depths...

vnCr1Rm.jpg

Just thought id throw that one out there... co op aint competing with random battles it is competing with other offline ship games and it doesn't stand a chance. 

Edit:

anywho im going to try and get some sleep i will check this thread later.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It still freaking morning

Players are freaking sleeping

Can you stop your freaking complain

It is like going to amusement park in this freaking hour

No one gonna be freaking there

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Although I might be somewhat wrong, but when players are waiting for more than 5 minutes in queue, they are matched without some of the balancing issues. And *unluckily* you tried finding a game and got picked up by the MM mechanic. Wait, no, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

other players were probably in the queue 10 minutes ago, and the MM suddenly saw you and you had a slot that you can fill in the team lineup so you got in there

tbh I like smaller matches tho (at least 5 v 5 tho)

[LBAS]
4,471 posts
25,644 battles

Wargamming think 3 tiers in a match like wot is not good.
If you are only 1 lowest tier in this sistuation, you will be good food for top tier and become useless to team.
The reason is you are too weak and out match everything, gun armor range ...
Pick a T5 ca cl bb in a match with a whole t7, what can you do?
Unless t7 are few ships and the rest are t5 or 6 and you can fight fairly.

But there is an exception for DD

Edited by MatterCore

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I suppose you guys don't complain when you're the top tier ships in a match.

Of course

That's the nature of human (along with the support from tbe devil)