Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KapitanAufDerBrucke

Playing wrong, just bad or it's an issue?

12 comments in this topic

3 posts
285 battles

Sailing bow-on to an enemy BB using a CA (Konigsberg) gets me 1 hit delete (2 Citadel hits or sometimes 3) so often. No matter what range it is, from close quarters to mid range (surely, I'm dead but too much citadel hits) or long range (even facing the enemy stern-on still gets 1 hit killed) 11k damage, 10k damage, 9k damage. Angling doesn't work either. Chances are if I don't get deleted instantly I sometimes get lucky ricochets head on. 

Is it just that German CA's armor is weak and it's citadel is the biggest, or I'm doing something wrong?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Low-mid tier German cruisers uses sheet metal as their armor so it will get citpenned by BBs regardless of angle..

But then again, so does every other cruisers from each nation up to tier 5 (except Furutaka to a degree).. You have to outplay the enemy BB and dodge their shells..

Always pay attention to where their guns pointed at. By looking directly at them, you have more time to react and dodge their salvo by slamming on the brake..

Then make yourself an undesirable target by sailing away and keep wiggling the ship (you're driving a Konigsberg after all which is designed to run away)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Yes unfortunately. With well placed shot, you can get heavy damage or worst, deleted.

Did try that armor angling with my Aoba against New Mex. BEST. IDEA. EVER. NOT. :sceptic:

Edited by Mingfang47

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,628 battles

I just got the Nurnberg.

Will there be a difference in terms of armor?

What playstyles do you recommend?

Excited to citadel other CAs. :)

stay with your team lol

i have charge many BB with cruisers and result only few times i get great success and the rest got sunk lol

with nurnberg you will meet ships like fuso and new mexico, unless the players is poor at aiming you will get wreck fast

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Just don't get close to anything that shoots 203mm AP or higher caliber (unless a proven potato). You will get citadelled through the bow, stern and every side you have on the ship. Use your range advantage.

Edited by icy_phoenix

451 posts
6,946 battles

The nurnberg is famous for handing out devastating strikes. You cannot afford to get hit by a battleship. Ever.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I just got the Nurnberg.

Will there be a difference in terms of armor?

What playstyles do you recommend?

Excited to citadel other CAs. :)

You're a Koingsberg...but larger :D 

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

You have superior range and paper armor.

Skirt around maximum range if you're being shot at and stop firing and let concealment take over when you take too much heat.

Just to point that out, skirting around maximum range will force you to be almost broad side to the ship at center. Just think about a circle. You are targeting a point (center) and skirting around it.

783 posts
4,826 battles

Just to point that out, skirting around maximum range will force you to be almost broad side to the ship at center. Just think about a circle. You are targeting a point (center) and skirting around it.

Konig/Nurn have a good firing angle, so showing around 30-40 degrees while having full brunt of firepower is still acceptably angled and you can react to shots better at max range. (Not like angling will do much against high caliber BB shells when driving them but still.)

And if I remember right, they both have the same ranges. I'd prefer Konigsberg to Nurnberg myself.

Sign in to follow this