You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

karma, Please fix it or remove it from the game.

44 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Now a lot of you out there believe that karma has no affect on the game at all, none what so ever, well I'm calling BS.

Why I say BS is because ive lived and breathed the affects of this karma in game and yes it is real. most of you should know what Karma is?(WG humour I'm sure of it) 

When  I get reported and ive seen my karma points have been reduced, I will always lose between 3-5 games every time, without fail, and when you get reported enough times you will also get a chat bad for 24 hrs.

So if karma has no affect on the game what so ever, then why do you get a chat ban  from players who use the karma report system in the game??

yes I have been reported because of the frustration of the game and the ability of some players not to understand the game at all.

Players have the ability to abuse the karma system in game, as it is a automated system  and thus once enough reports have been received, you will get the chat ban from the game, and yes a player doesn't even have to do anything to get reported, all you need is to have a player in the same battle and report them, even if they haven't done anything wrong at all and had a good game all because you don't like that person.

Also while I have been on this chat ban, ive only managed to get, no higher than a 50%, or under win rate, while the chat ban has been in place and yes this is the second time ive had this chat ban and during both times my win rates haven't reached above 50%(funny that, but the game is not rigged at all).

Now if any of you tin fail hat guys out there don't believe me, then I dare you......... no wait I challenge you to go out there, get reported many times in a 24hr period and see what happens and until you do that then please don't judge me. Thanks.

So if this karma system has no affect or bearing on the game at all, then please remove it for good, or if it has a purpose then please fix it so it can not be abused like it currently is being abused, where innocent players get reported for nothing else than playing the game the way it should be played.

and cue the tin fail hats.:popcorn:     

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if karma is real, then why i have more times detonating an enemy ship than getting myself detonated by the enemy.:popcorn:

i remember reporting lots of players who run around doing nothing and scoring bottom when  i'm at tier IX and X and reporting some players who are racist in the chat,players who curse their enemy for getting sunk or players who blame their allies because of their own fault. but i didn't notice any report back.

there are times when i get cranky too for keep on getting lost because of my allies keep going yolo and i can't avoid but curse them but once again i didn't notice any report or getting banned on chat.

Edited by yansuki

334 posts
12,991 battles

I don't know I think he has a point if the Karma system does not affect anything what is the point of having it. And as we all know people are more likely to complain and report someone else (even if the other person has done nothing wrong) than they are to compliment someone for good game play.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Haven't checked for a long time, must be negative something. My top karma was probably 25. But I am loud guy, and if a teammate is potato, I will tell him that. It gives me a lot of reports, but I don't care, at the end of the match, scoreboard shows who is good or who is bad.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Where do I check my karma?

Under the profile tab in game, it's a superscript to your in game name in your service record.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Most of the karma system is automated and open to abuse except for the chat ban section. If you are reported for misbehavior in chat then that report goes to a game master who is privy to the chat log of that match and bans according to the severity of the comments made and based on prior offences.

Well at least that is how it worked when I was a senior GM for another Russian game with planes and tanks.

As for a chat ban affecting your win rate due to some sub program, I find that very unlikely. 

Edited by Trojan63

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

poor Melon have almost no Karma at all :(

At least you have some Melon.

I have 0 Karma points.

Hasn't affected my game at all.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Now if any of you tin fail hat guys out there don't believe me, then I dare you......... no wait I challenge you to go out there, get reported many times in a 24hr period and see what happens and until you do that then please don't judge me. Thanks.

Please tell us what did you do to get many reported in 24 hours to get yourself the 2nd chat banned, so we can replicate that.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Most of the karma system is automated and open to abuse except for the chat ban section. If you are reported for misbehavior in chat then that report goes to a game master who is privy to the chat log of that match and bans according to the severity of the comments made and based on prior offences.

Well at least that is how it worked when I was a senior GM for another Russian game with planes and tanks.

As for a chat ban affecting your win rate due to some sub program, I find that very unlikely. 

well its happened twice now and both times I couldn't get any wins above 50%.

yeah if I start losing 3-5 games in a row and I know ive been bad in chat  Ill have a look at my karma and it usually has gone down.

well I think the chat ban is automated as well, if you get so many reports in a 24 hr period you get ban etc, most times in chat I'm not even abusing players just asking why you do that, why you on the blue line instead of here etc no swearing or name calling most of the time but still get reported.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i though those report hardly matters according to question and answer on russian forums. i though there are just there for wg to collect some data but don't affect e.g your matchmaking even though the player is reported multiples time for poor performance.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Please tell us what did you do to get many reported in 24 hours to get yourself the 2nd chat banned, so we can replicate that.

just letting players know how bad they are, what they are doing is the wrong thing or in the wrong area and their play style is why we lose etc just stuff like that.

Maybe the odd swear word here and there but not directed at any player and the odd noob etc nothing to over the top. no personal attacks on any player.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

well its happened twice now and both times I couldn't get any wins above 50%.

yeah if I start losing 3-5 games in a row and I know ive been bad in chat  Ill have a look at my karma and it usually has gone down.

well I think the chat ban is automated as well, if you get so many reports in a 24 hr period you get ban etc, most times in chat I'm not even abusing players just asking why you do that, why you on the blue line instead of here etc no swearing or name calling most of the time but still get reported.

i had 7 consecutive lost yesterday for total of 9 lost. i didn't even feel trashtalking at all. i just lost all my F to give.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

i though those report hardly matters according to question and answer on russian forums. i though there are just there for wg to collect some data but don't affect e.g your matchmaking even though the player is reported multiples time for poor performance.

I think the misbehaviour in chat is different.

I noticed if I have been chatting to much in game I tend to notice the losses more after being reported.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

i had 7 consecutive lost yesterday for total of 9 lost. i didn't even feel trashtalking at all. i just lost all my F to give.

did you use the same ship for all the losses ?

753 posts
8,965 battles

This is correct, however, chat banning a player cannot be left to an automated system due to the abuse factor and must be acted upon individually based on severity of the offence and prior chat bans.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I noticed if I have been chatting to much in game I tend to notice the losses more after being reported.

i haven't even for trash talk for ages and i suffer 7 consecutive defeat yesterday. i stop playing in the morning and i return playing at nigh and i manage to have some great games. and just today i got 6 victories out of seven games. not sure how this karma system works.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Perhaps you should talk less and do more..

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

This is correct, however, chat banning a player cannot be left to an automated system due to the abuse factor and must be acted upon individually based on severity of the offence and prior chat bans.

yeah agree but I don't think this happens in this case as the bad was way to quick for it to be looked at, and as I said I wasn't swearing or name calling etc just trying to explain to the players what they where was going to cost us the win.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Perhaps you should talk less and do more..

yes agreed.

very bad habit trying to explain to some players what they are doing is going to end up in a loss always.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Why is Karma such a huge issue? It does not effect anything for me so I don't care. Also, when I see players not playing "correctly" I would give them suggestions to improve and try to not tell them how bad they are

it can be hard to do that as most players don't speak English and a lot of them just don't like being asked to do things they don't want to do or they just don't like to listen either

Super Tester
2,725 posts

just letting players know how bad they are, what they are doing is the wrong thing or in the wrong area and their play style is why we lose etc just stuff like that.

Maybe the odd swear word here and there but not directed at any player and the odd noob etc nothing to over the top. no personal attacks on any player.

Guess the latter will definitely get you chat banned. Chat is recorded & can be used against you, mate. But still & obviously, that's not the best practice at all.
Edited by Mingfang47