You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fawx317

Prinz Eugen premium ship in the works(?)

44 comments in this topic

139 posts
5,876 battles

This popped up on my Youtube list earlier, first time I heard of this news.
Statistically, it seems like a slightly worse fully upgraded Hipper, but I'm curious to see what sort of gimmick it has as a Premium Ship. Otherwise, I guess the only draw for now is the historical factor.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Her gimmicks should be

• +20% chance to be misidentified as Bismarck.
  • +20% chance to detonate enemy if divisioned with Bismarck.
  • +100% resistance to nuke.
  • You can put an American captain on it, with the cost of -50% engine power and inoperable Anton turret.
  • Optional Feuer! Feuer! when you shoot the guns.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Her gimmicks should be

• You can put an American captain on it, with the cost of -50% engine power and inoperable Anton turret.

no 100% chance of fire in her he shell?

HYEweMN.jpg

139 posts
5,876 battles

Her gimmicks should be

Perhaps includes a special camo to make it appear as Bismarck to the enemy when detected at 14km, and only turning into Prinz Eugen within 8km radius :teethhappy:

403 posts
8,166 battles

I'd always thought she'd be America's high tier premium. In any case this thread is probably going to become a hype thread, which is funny because the previous hype over Scharnhorst is not dead yet.

Still waiting for Deutschland...

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

damn i don't have enough money for her and scharnhorst. i guess i have to wait for another chance to buy her. hopping there will be another chance.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Why do I get the feeling my signature is a true representation of what she might be like when taking damage in game :trollface: :P:D

.....still going to buy her though :D

Edited by ADM_dude

575 posts
5,354 battles

After watching this video and this person's comments, I do not understand why this ship cannot have the exact same stats and performance as the Hipper. Just because it is a 'premium' it has to have nerfs to its performance compared to the ship of the class? They didn't do it to the Texas sister ship to the New York. Matter of fact, the Texas is a superior ship to the New York. WG is all over the map here with the way they balance their vessels in this game.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

They didn't do it to the Texas sister ship to the New York. Matter of fact, the Texas is a superior ship to the New York.

WG kinda want to make Premium ship be some what unique and more interesting than the ship in the tech-tree but some how i think this approach starting to be pay2win model which WG want to avoid :D:D:D

I kinda prefer WoT model where Premium some what under power but have their own unique (such as T-54 Mod1 where u get Tier 9 Tank in Tier 8 with a nerf gun) 

I believe that what WoWs team trying to achieve as well but look at the end result atm i think its kinda not what they want (Saipan OP Atago OP Kutuzov OP and many more Premium that simply better than the tech tree ship) so im not surprise that they going to nerf Prinz :P

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

WG kinda want to make Premium ship be some what unique and more interesting than the ship in the tech-tree but some how i think this approach starting to be pay2win model which WG want to avoid :D:D:D

I kinda prefer WoT model where Premium some what under power but have their own unique (such as T-54 Mod1 where u get Tier 9 Tank in Tier 8 with a nerf gun) 

I believe that what WoWs team trying to achieve as well but look at the end result atm i think its kinda not what they want (Saipan OP Atago OP Kutuzov OP and many more Premium that simply better than the tech tree ship) so im not surprise that they going to nerf Prinz :P

I don't care if she is better than Hipper. After all, she is still a fat cit to shoot at XD

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I don't care if she is better than Hipper. After all, she is still a fat cit to shoot at XD

In my case, I just want to have da ship name Prinz Eugen to Feuer! Feuer! in my port and say Danke, Danke! :D:D:D

Alpha Tester
73 posts
284 battles

So many folks excited about German ships due to their historical significance. Shame none of the ships they fought against will be in the game anytime soon (if ever).

Dan

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

In my case, I just want to have da ship name Prinz Eugen to Feuer! Feuer! in my port and say Danke, Danke! :D:D:D

go to the NA forums there is a name changer mod. For demonstration he changed Moskva to Russian Bias

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,907 battles

So many folks excited about German ships due to their historical significance. Shame none of the ships they fought against will be in the game anytime soon (if ever).

Dan

British/RN cruisers before the end of the year.

(Or that was the plan)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

go to the NA forums there is a name changer mod. For demonstration he changed Moskva to Russian Bias

Name change is just an easy way out !!! Premium is the true Prinz Eugen Feuer! Feuer!!! :izmena:

Dan

Because Glorious German engineering !!! Nein Nein Neinnnnn!!!!

575 posts
5,354 battles

If they were two different classes of ship, sure. However, they are sister ships. They are identical ships. Because one is going to be a premium they must nerf its performance to that of the regular line ship? Then explain the Texas.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

If they were two different classes of ship, sure. However, they are sister ships. They are identical ships. Because one is going to be a premium they must nerf its performance to that of the regular line ship? Then explain the Texas.

WG can just made it up like "tech tree ships represent the class not one particular ship which received 1946 upgraded that never implemented irl" while the Premium Ship "represent certain ship with realistic configuration on particular year" so if WG say Prinz Eugen is 1941 configuration they can nerf how they like or they can say it 1945 and buff it in the same way :D:D:D

Which in the case of Texas WG just say it realistic configuration and buff it done, but what im trying to say here is i dont like Premium ship that better than their tech tree ones it make no sense to give wallet warrior an advantage over honest player who grind through all the horrible ships to get it other than more income and more EXP, all and all i think WoT model is better (which you can accelerate crew training as well)  :P

Alpha Tester
73 posts
284 battles

Ships of the same class almost always have variations due to the long build times, parallel construction in different yards and upgrades during the build program. It's not uncommon for one member of a class to be modified to test features planned for a following class. All of these things lend them selves to unique vessels for premium candidacy.

Dan

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Ships of the same class almost always have variations due to the long build times, parallel construction in different yards and upgrades during the build program. It's not uncommon for one member of a class to be modified to test features planned for a following class. All of these things lend them selves to unique vessels for premium candidacy.

Dan

Dan is right.

I might also add that although they may be ships of the same class, it doesn't preclude them from having different set ups due to things such as timelines of construction, different threats in different theaters of war etc... Take for example the Fletcher class DD. The Pacific based Fletchers had more AA because of the greater airbourne threat, whereas the Fletchers of the Atlantic carried a greater amount of ASW-centirc systems and armaments because of the U Boat threat. They still the same class and fundamentally the same ship but fitted out differently. 

Edited by ADM_dude