You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

Pensacola so much better than I expected

13 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

So a few days ago i decided to bite the bullet and start the Pensacola grind that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt would be horrific and tempt me into using free XP to get past it, I knew this as i have deleted so many of them before as well as having friends who also have nothing good to say about it. So after i Bought my lovely stock Pensacola and had 10 games into it I realised all the bad press about it was correct for that Stock Pensa is a really pathetic ship which can do nothing but die quickly as it had no Armor, no Range and the less said about how Glacially slow the turret rotation was the better.

Then Miracle of Miracles i had all the upgrades to give it the extra range and the turret rotation had sped up enough that you could quickly change which side you were shooting from and from that point on this ship is Incredible. The AP shells have a really good grouping and from 15km i was consistently double citadeling other T5-8 Cruisers, I was managing to get 5-8k salvoes into the BB's superstructures as well and the HE shells are fairly respectable as well in their fire chance and damage. Not to mention the respectable AA that comes with it.

To be honest after playing the Myoko & Shchors i was not expecting anything from this ship and to have the Pensacola completely eclipse both of them in performance has completely surprised me, so much so that not only am i going to keep the Pensacola but i have no intention of buying back any of the other Tier 7 Cruisers. Although the only major downside to it is still It's paper thin armor as long as you keep using those WASD hacks you can at least mitigate a decent percentage of the damage.

Pensacola so much better than i expected.

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

Certain ships have *stinker* tags with them. It is often a good thing, many players don't see them as a threat. On the other hand, some people are very aware of weakness of certain ships and it is guaranteed that they will exploit that to their advantage. So, even if you find this ship to be good, often there will be situation that everyone will be shooting at you ignore others around you because they know how to remove it faster from the game. This is not just for the deemed *weak* ships, this is applicable for the deemed *OP* ones too.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

I actually enjoyed the pensacola, I just hate the detection range

I should get an indianapolis

I had a 13 point Captain in it that is now well on It's way to being a 15pt Captain which will mitigate the massive detection range that you have while playing it. And Icy_Phoenix I agree some ships will be targeted First on principle like the Pensacola & Nukeberg as players see them as easy targets, but It's very satisfying to turn the tables on them.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

With all her upgrades this is a great ship. You have to always wiggle but the longer you survive the more damage you do. 

As bob said it's AP is brutal but i do that at 10km. Its HE is great at 14 percent and with DE goes up to 17.

The only difficult times is when several ships focus fire on you. WASD to live then and hope your team hits them in reply. 

I will keep this ship.