You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dead_man_walking

What to do when you see a supertester testing a ship - a FAQ

151 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Stolen from NA, courtesy of lert: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/89361-what-to-do-when-you-see-a-supertester-testing-a-ship-a-faq/

Part of testing new ships for functionality, bugs and balance is temporarily giving them to supertesters to drive on the public server. We call this production testing. When there's a new tech tree ready to be introduced, this involves a lot of testing. Which means a lot of battles. Which means that we STs see a lot of the same questions and comments ...

... over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm going to address some of the most common questions and comments, so you can stop asking them.

Q: "How are the new ships?"

A: I can't answer that question because of NDA.

Q: "But I'm not asking for stats, I'm asking for opinions"

A: Anything I say can (and will) be taken as information. If I say I like the ship, people will take that as meaning that it's a very good ship. If I say I don't like it, people will take that as meaning it sucks. So I'm not going to answer that question. Period. Stop asking.

Q: "What's NDA?"

A: Non Disclosure Agreement. We had to digitally sign a contract that forbids us to disclose anything, or risk losing ST status, and / or game account.

Q: "But all the stats have been leaked already so you can just tell us, right?"

A: No. We can't. Just because someone (on NA or on another server) broke NDA neither means that the NDA is no longer in place nor that I'm going to break it as well.

Q: "But you can tell me, I won't tell anyone else, I promise."

A: No.

Q: "You're a #$%@#%$ #$%@# just @#$%#ing tell us already you #$%@$"

A: Which part of 'no' don't you understand?

Q: "How does someone become a supertester?"

A: By invitation.

Q: "So I can't apply anywhere?"

A: There's no application form. You could try sending a dev a PM explaining how much you want to be an ST, but the chances of that working out are very slim. ST recuitments happen maybe once or twice a year, and go by invitation.

Q: "So how did you become a supertester?"

A: I was invited.

Q: "Being a supertester is just about driving the new ships, right? I can do that. I want to be a supertester and drive the shiny new ships!"

A: Testing the new ships on the live server is only about 15% of what we do. Being a supertester is work, and takes up a lot of time.

Q: "But you get paid, right?"

A: No. There's no payment other than some symbolic camouflages every other month, and usually we end up with some more credits than we started testing with. Other than that, there's no payment of any kind. It's a volunteer job.

Q: "But you work for WG!"

A: No I don't. I'm just a player like you, that happens to also be involved in the testing process.

Q: "Do you get to keep the ships when testing is over?"

A: No.

Q: "I heard that that ship sucks / is OP!"

A: k

Q: "Ah, a <nationality> <ship class>! Lunch! I'ma kill you! You're mine!"

Q: "Supertesters suck! You're all WG bootlicks!"

Q: "What can I do to help?"

A: Just play the game normally and let us test in peace. We're in the match to test the ship. Not to answer questions.

an additional note:

When you see us, don't follow us around like lost puppies, play the game!  Swarming over the STer in the shiny new ship is probably the quickest way to lose the battle and we all hate that now don't we?

Edited by dead_man_walking

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

A: Just play the game normally and let us test in peace. We're in the match to test the ship. Not to answer questions.

^This, so much this.

I understand everyone wants to have a look at the new ships in game, but please don't throw the game away by:
  1. YOLOing into the enemy just so you can spectate said ship.
  2. Sailing so close that both of us are getting friendly ramming damage and making it harder to move when torps/shells/bombs are on the way
  3. As a CV, having your planes hover around us for a look but not actually providing Air Cover or helping the team at all.
  4. We don't need team mates to "test" the armour of the ship, thats what the enemies are for :teethhappy:.

And that just the tip of the iceberg from my experiences.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

No i will shoot ur new ship and tell the rest of the team to focus fire on you !!! because its a new ship !! and its soooo special !! and you deserved an attention !!! :D:D:D

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

No i will shoot ur new ship and tell the rest of the team to focus fire on you !!! because its a new ship !! and its soooo special !! and you deserved an attention !!! :D:D:D

If you are on the enemy, by all means shoot at me and ignore my team mates. :teethhappy::hiding:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

If you are on the enemy, by all means shoot at me and ignore my team mates. :teethhappy::hiding:

Im help you testing da ship bro :trollface:

The rest of ur team ?? i dont mind losing as long as da special ship going down with me :D:D:D 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The rest of ur team ?? i dont mind losing as long as da special ship going down with me :D:D:D 

Now thats helping! :medal::teethhappy:

[PATEN]
394 posts
3,646 battles

:ohmy: thanks for your help

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i will probably invite my teammates to focus them too.:trollface:

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I always follow testers around when I see them. Because once I start shooting at you I chase until you are dead!:izmena:

I will rapidly take HP off you and make the ship look UP so it can be buffed :P

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Don't forget if you see a person in a division with a supertester, don't ask them either because they don't know anymore than you do....

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I have found out that supertesters in this server aren't so boring like that. They have a good sense of humor :D

No we don't, all humor was removed as part of the ST press gang 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Well I use STs as bait. If you are somewhat close to them, it is absolutely guaranteed that you can getaway even with showing full broadside. Everyone loves to get a bite on the new ship... Heck I even felt like shooting teammate STs myself :D

Edited by icy_phoenix

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

What to do when you see a supertester testing a ship on the enemy team!

don't Shoot anything but him

If he died Quickly, WG will think the ship is sucks then buff it before sale, Yay

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

saw a supertester yesterday was playing bismarck "go all chat sink the bismarck"

2 tier 8 carrier send 6 torpedo squadron 6 dive bomber squadron ggwp ez kill

Hey, they have to test the damage intake as well, right? From various angles, by various means, from various ships :D
Edited by icy_phoenix

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,495 battles

Kill them ! Kill them with fire! It's what the stet padding Unicom wannabes deserve for getting play with ships we cannot! :)

seriously thoigh, a few weeks back I was up against a couple of STs in Scharnhorsts. They were right friendly in chat. Must have been off their meds I spose....

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

saw a supertester yesterday was playing bismarck "go all chat sink the bismarck"

2 tier 8 carrier send 6 torpedo squadron 6 dive bomber squadron ggwp ez kill

sad lyfe