You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Should I keep Cleveland

35 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

guys I am not sure if I should keep her anymore... She feels kinda UP because her shell speed is just disguesting and against BB she can only set fires unless you get super close to shoot AP. The range sucks too... also a massive detection like wut, the Baltimore has better detection

I think I am just going to sell her to free a port slot

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

her glory days is over, but for me, there are no better fly killer (plane killer) in tier 6 or 7 except her....

beside, i find her HE still devastating against any DD that came closer...

I almost always play a passive role with her and gave AA cover or be a DD hunter, i cant take her to the front line and try to kill other cruiser anymore.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Budyonny does what Cleveland does better and easier..

true, also faster, stealthier and have torps just in case things get nasty... But the armour seriously sucks... Two times in a roll I cit a perfectly neutral budyonny in my Tirpitz 

181 posts
7,548 battles

keep her for the awesome AA

shooting down 30+ planes is fun imagine how annoyed the CV player is

It's indeed a fun way to relieve stress after previously getting wrecked by CVs.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

I've kept it just because its sentimental.  I had it in alpha when it was godlike and I know one day WG will realise that it should be back that way because.........................

uiErdma.gif

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Idk why they decided to nerf cleveland into the ground, its almost like wargaming see's something is fun and has to eliminate it.

Game was way more fun in cbt and obt than it is now.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I love to bully Clevelands in Murmansk... cause due to balancing purposes, Murmansk has a spotter plane that allows stealth firing as well. USN CAs are losing their grounds gradually. But I think all T6 and above from all nations are actually keepers. Plus, if 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Budyonny does what Cleveland does better and easier..

even as fly killer?

what Budomy AA status?

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

I just sell the ships I don't usually use, but I always keep the commander so you can always buy the ship back later and get back in he action quick. Nevertheless, the Cleveland is still the easiest to complete daily missions for shooting down planes or events which require setting fires to enemies (since I'm terrible at aircraft carriers).

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

even as fly killer?

what Budomy AA status?

Except AA ofc, but then again CVs at mid tiers usually won't bother with cruisers because most would carry DF..

And Budy can still outmaneuver CV planes at those tiers..

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Except AA ofc, but then again CVs at mid tiers usually won't bother with cruisers because most would carry DF..

And Budy can still outmaneuver CV planes at those tiers..

thanks for the answer, my cleaveland is AA build so i still have purpose for her 
Edited by XP_On

139 posts
5,876 battles

I keep it around for US-based missions, especially those concerning fire and aircraft. 

That and sometimes it's fun to be hyper-aggressive in Tier 5 games :P

683 posts
7,347 battles

I'm in a hate and love relationship with Cleveland.. (realised no one calling her a Cheatland anymore? The nerf was bad i guess :( )

It's still a great DD killer, IF she can get close enough. Unfortunately due to her concealment rating this is very very diffucult.

Otherwise... I spam HE unless someone sail too near or lower tier CA/CL showing broadside AND sailing in straight line

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,590 battles

One of the thing i notice is players playing this is ship or cruisers in general is they don't wana stick around and completely forget their role

Mine is build focus on AA and i stick to my team BB doesnt matter if there is cv or not in the match..with this i'm not the focus of enemy so i can rain salvo after salvo at enemy and if there is cv even better i help by shooting down the planes..my teammate survive i survive..this ship need the support like all the cruisers do in the game

I got no issue playing it, be patience because the range is not long so gradually the fight will come to you. I have fun with cleveland the same i have fun with pepsi even people say it's bad.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Another ship claimed by the port hotel salesman for no reason other than the 2 tier split exists. sad really, cleveland is still a great ship when it is in tier 6-7 matches.

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
22 posts
2,631 battles

Considering that she was the heaviest Light Cruiser, and a ship line that even by receiving devestating damage, never actually sank, she is rather gimped in the game now.

going from a super OP ship to a gimped ship is tought to take, but this is the way of World of Warships.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

keep her for the awesome AA

shooting down 30+ planes is fun imagine how annoyed the CV player is

I have Des Moines for that

my Des Moines is just so much better, Cleve guns are just too UP right now (unless up close)

probs use the port slot for keeping other ships

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

Cleveland is the only 1 cl have 4 triple turrets in the USN branch, so she is unique. Good ship for hunt Dd, make BBQ on Bb and make some Cv cry.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I have Des Moines for that

my Des Moines is just so much better, Cleve guns are just too UP right now (unless up close)

probs use the port slot for keeping other ships

i thought encountering CV in tier X match is a rare sight?

Ha ha you right. Vmf aa? Still no match to IJN ca

IJN AA almost nt exist :P

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

i thought encountering CV in tier X match is a rare sight?

IJN AA almost nt exist :P

I div up wieh a CV :P

Cleveland is the only 1 cl have 4 triple turrets in the USN branch, so she is unique. Good ship for hunt Dd, make BBQ on Bb and make some Cv cry.

Montana and New Mex has 4 triple torrets!